• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl 51: Patriots -3 Over ATL

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people thought the Steelers offensive talent would overwhelm the Patriots D. Instead it was the other way around.

I think it would be silly to think the Pats will stop Atlanta. I just want them to slow them down.. And then it's a question of who can stop who better.
No offense meant to Pitt but their offense is nowhere near as good as Atlantas. It's not even as good as New England's

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, don't give me that underdog noise. The Super Bowl is the first game you've been the underdog to all postseason.

By Vegas, but on SportsHoopla, the Seahawks and Packers were both picked by the majority.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense meant to Pitt but their offense is nowhere near as good as Atlantas. It's not even as good as New England's

Ive been saying for weeks the Steelers offense was so overrated

Ben has not been great all season, and that team has struggled mightily to find a reliable #3 option...All those secondary WR's they have, hurt that team more than help it

Ladarius Green was a nice wildcard for them, but he could never stay on the field

That team needs Martavius Bryant back in the worst way

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been saying for weeks the Steelers offense was so overrated

Ben has not been great all season, and that team has struggled mightily to find a reliable #3 option...All those secondary WR's they have, hurt that team more than help it

Ladarius Green was a nice wildcard for them, but he could never stay on the field

That team needs Martavius Bryant back in the worst way
Bell and Brown are studs but if you're playing a sandlot game and picking teams 5 of the top 7 picks play for Atlanta. It's easier to game plan 2 guys ( Bell and Brown ) than it is 5 ( Jones, Freeman, Coleman, Sanu, Gabriel) and that doesn't even account for Ryan substantially better than Ben this year

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell and Brown are studs but if you're playing a sandlot game and picking teams 5 of the top 7 picks play for Atlanta. It's easier to game plan 2 guys ( Bell and Brown ) than it is 5 ( Jones, Freeman, Coleman, Sanu, Gabriel) and that doesn't even account for Ryan substantially better than Ben this year

All week last week I said the Steelers didn't have a chance because BB is a master at shutting down the best guys.....Even if Bell got his 150, the Steelers were getting slaughtered

The Falcons could win, but I doubt very much that Julio is the reason

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you should know by now...90% hoop posters post to get a rise outta someone
pure shock value, look at me

I know. Which is why I said the Falcons would hang 45 on the Pats and Vic Beasley would rip Tom Brady's head off(Though Ra'Shede Hageman seems to have the ability to get a sack just by touching the QB's foot with his finger. That's twice now, once yesterday against Aaron Rodgers and once against Kaepernick)

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if atlanta can get the same pressure on brady that they did on rodgers it will be close.....otherwise it will be pats by 10 easily

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only thing that could hold Atlanta down will be nerves. If they can overcome that I don't see New England being able to slow down Atlanta. On the flip side I think Atlanta might be able to bring enough pressure to slow Brady down a bit. They destroyed Green Bay's line today and they are no slouches. Should be a good game. I have Atlanta winning 38-31.
Green Bay lost 3 starters on the o line to injury yesterday and had Guion filling in at RG for the final 5 plays. It's never a good thing if you have to play a DT at RG. I think Cleveland could have gotten good pressure yesterday too lol

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay lost 3 starters on the o line to injury yesterday and had Guion filling in at RG for the final 5 plays. It's never a good thing if you have to play a DT at RG. I think Cleveland could have gotten good pressure yesterday too lol
I never realized it got that bad.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All week last week I said the Steelers didn't have a chance because BB is a master at shutting down the best guys.....Even if Bell got his 150, the Steelers were getting slaughtered

The Falcons could win, but I doubt very much that Julio is the reason
I hope they double him. Offense is far better when he gets extra attention. Realistically the only way to slow down Atlanta is to get pressure but you can't blitz to do it. The DL for NE needs to get home with no help if the Pats are going to slow down Atlanta. Impossible? No. Highly unlikely given the proof on the year to this point though

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never realized it got that bad.
I hate using injuries as an excuse but this years Packer team took it to the extreme. 6 starters missed significant time or didn't finish the game. 15 went into the game listed on the injury report.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HmmmeiB.jpg

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF Atlanta's defense that played yesterday shows up at the SB then I think Atlanta has more than a punchers chance. Pressure on Brady will be HUGE
Rodgers definitely hadn't seen pressure like that from an Atlanta defense before.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It looked pretty scary recently. Enough that it was a good test for me on how the good the Patriots D is.
And the answer is.. Not bad at all

There's no question that Atlanta's offense is the best in the league this year but I think the Patriots D is generally underrated.

Their job is to slow down the Atlanta offense as best they can.. How much is the question. I also think the Patriots offense is pretty even without Gronk.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked pretty scary recently. Enough that it was a good test for me on how the good the Patriots D is.
And the answer is.. Not bad at all

There's no question that Atlanta's offense is the best in the league this year but I think the Patriots D is generally underrated.

Their job is to slow down the Atlanta offense as best they can.. How much is the question. I also think the Patriots offense is pretty even without Gronk.
I don't think the Pats have a bad D even with the relative lack of playing any great offenses. People just don't appreciate how good this Atlanta offense is. That's fine by me really. I've been saying it for 2 months and no one believes til they see their team play them. That a ok

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you should know by now...90% hoop posters post to get a rise outta someone
pure shock value, look at me

Who are you, and why did you murder PDAY8810?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Pats have a bad D even with the relative lack of playing any great offenses. People just don't appreciate how good this Atlanta offense is. That's fine by me really. I've been saying it for 2 months and no one believes til they see their team play them. That a ok

LOL. I admit I haven't seen them in action this year other than highlights so I have no idea but I'll take your word for it. It sure looks like they have a TON of options.

I'm just in true "In Bill we Trust" mode right now. If anyone is scouring the films on Atlanta it will be Bellichick. I think he and Brady want this one bad.

This really could be a real shoot out.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I admit I haven't seen them in action this year other than highlights so I have no idea but I'll take your word for it. It sure looks like they have a TON of options.

I'm just in true "In Bill we Trust" mode right now. If anyone is scouring the films on Atlanta it will be Bellichick. I think he and Brady want this one bad.

This really could be a real shoot out.
LOL I appreciate the honesty. I'm not an idiot I know 90% of non Falcons fans haven't watched them more than 1 or 2 times at most. That's why I don't get mad when people don't get how good the offense is. If you don't know you don't know. It's not like the media does a bang up job of covering it lol