• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl 51: Patriots -3 Over ATL

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but they will also only score in the mid 20's, which is the whole point.
Atlanta had 23 mid 3rd quarter vs Denver and went into protect mode because they were up 20. That won't happen in THE SB. Listen I get it. You probably haven't watched much Atlanta this year. Why would you? I don't expect you to believe me. That's why it'll be fun to watch it

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, not so sure...Even you have to admit its been a long time since they have faced any semblance of a high powered offense.......Last night was close, but losing Bell, is like losing most of our offense

Sure, but what's being ignored is that the Falcon's defence is one of the worst in the NFL, while the Patriots offence is on par with Atlanta. Atlanta 33.9 ppg #1 vs Patriot's 27.6 ppg. #3.

On defence the Patriots are 15.6 ppg #1 vs Atlanta's 25.4 ppg #27,(including 28th vs the pass ypg).

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing most people are overlooking with ATL is how physical they've become, on both sides of the ball. They didn't play real physical when Seattle beat them in the regular season, but they sure as hell did in the playoffs. Thinking that ATL is a finesse offensive team can be a big mistake. They can play either style of game.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta had 23 mid 3rd quarter vs Denver and went into protect mode because they were up 20. That won't happen in THE SB. Listen I get it. You probably haven't watched much Atlanta this year. Why would you? I don't expect you to believe me. That's why it'll be fun to watch it
No one should be this confident in an offense. You don't think Patriots fans have felt the way you have?

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was actually mid 4th quarter. No one goes into "protect mode" up by 17 points in the 3rd quarter.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was actually mid 4th quarter. No one goes into "protect mode" up by 17 points in the 3rd quarter.
Sorry I meant 4th. Just hit the wrong button lol

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Atlanta will likely give up in the mid 30's, or possibly more, to New England. They give up nearly 30 a game to the rest of the NFL, so it stands to reason they will give up more than that to the Brady lead Patriots.

The only question is can Atlanta put up more than that, and it's highly unlikely unless New England makes big mistakes. Atlanta will put points up, but can they keep pace. I say no, because I think BB will force them to run, take all the yard they want, but force them into 10+ play drives.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but what's being ignored is that the Falcon's defence is one of the worst in the NFL, while the Patriots offence is on par with Atlanta. Atlanta 33.9 ppg #1 vs Patriot's 27.6 ppg. #3.

On defence the Patriots are 15.6 ppg #1 vs Atlanta's 25.4 ppg #27,(including 28th vs the pass ypg).

Not to say that the outcome will be the same, because it may very well not be (BB is a great coach), but ATL's D was the factor that gave Hawks fans a lot of hope to not just eke out a win, but to beat them handily.

ATL's defence may not be elite yet, but they're young, they're FAST, and they hit a lot.

I'd expect BB to have a lot of double move type stuff planned, but don't underestimate what ATL brings to the table physically.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has the same feel as the Eagles fans prior to SB XXXIX

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta will likely give up in the mid 30's, or possibly more, to New England. They give up nearly 30 a game to the rest of the NFL, so it stands to reason they will give up more than that to the Brady lead Patriots.

The only question is can Atlanta put up more than that, and it's highly unlikely unless New England makes big mistakes. Atlanta will put points up, but can they keep pace. I say no, because I think BB will force them to run, take all the yard they want, but force them into 10+ play drives.
Absolutely. I picked NE 35-34 pre playoffs. Should be a shootout

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting matchup for both those reasons

I don't think the Pats defense has faced anything close to this offense this season, maybe Seattle was the closest, and guys were running free all night that night

And I think the Falcons defense has vastly improved from where the rank, but with that said, they have been playing at home, which gives a HUGE boost to even a bad defense...I saw it with that awful GB defense vs my Giants at Lambeau

Im betting New England, mostly because I think they win, but partially because Im hoping to mush them

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to say that the outcome will be the same, because it may very well not be (BB is a great coach), but ATL's D was the factor that gave Hawks fans a lot of hope to not just eke out a win, but to beat them handily.

ATL's defence may not be elite yet, but they're young, they're FAST, and they hit a lot.

I'd expect BB to have a lot of double move type stuff planned, but don't underestimate what ATL brings to the table physically.

Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that they are sieve on defence.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. I picked NE 35-34 pre playoffs. Should be a shootout
I thought you said it was retarded to think the Falcons aren't going to score 38 points.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vs Den put up 23
vs Sea put up 24 and lost
vs AZ put up 38 but by that point, wk 13 it was well established AZ was a paper tiger.
vs KC put up 28

They also put up 24 vs the Bucs, and 15 vs the Eagles.

The Patriots defence is better than all those teams don't you think, based on what we know about them now?

Are you cherry picking? lol.

The PHI was clearly their worst effort of the year....in SEA, that one came down to a play at the end that probably gets called PI 75% of the time, but the playoff game, they scored 36.

They torched TB in the 2nd game.

The stats support NE being better than those DEF, but stats are also a by-product of who you played. BUF and NYJ x 2 ea, HOU x 2, DEN w/o a legit QB, LA, SF, pretty poor QB play there...that can skew some numbers. I'm not sure if PIT was good enough to win in NE last night, but the playcalling and execution didn't help at all. Enough plays were left on the field for that to be a much closer game...PIT just didn't make them.

The Pats may well win this game but, I'm not really thinking NE is going to shut ATL down...if they do I will be surprised.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The PHI was clearly their worst effort of the year....in SEA, that one came down to a play at the end that probably gets called PI 75% of the time, but the playoff game, they scored 36.

The stats support NE being better than those DEF, but stats are also a by-product of who you played. BUF and NYJ x 2 ea, HOU x 2, DEN w/o a legit QB, LA, SF, pretty poor QB play there...that can skew some numbers. I'm not sure if PIT was good enough to win in NE last night, but the playcalling and execution didn't help at all. Enough plays were left on the field for that to be a much closer game...PIT just didn't make them.

The Pats may well win this game but, I'm not really thinking NE is going to shut ATL down...if they do I will be surprised.
There's also a difference between shutting a team down, and thinking they'll hold them to under 38 points. Which rmilia1 thinks is retarded.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cherry picking? No, responding to the teams you selected as examples.

I'm not suggesting Atl won't put up points, I just think it's going to be more mid 20s.

The dropping 8 into coverage and forcing them to run is what BB has done in the past when faced with a high powered passing attack. Slows the game down. Combine that with Atl having one of the worst defences in the NFL, I think the Pats win somewhere in the 34 - 28 range. This is assuming neither team goes full tard and gives up 4 turnovers.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way they shut down the ATL offense. They just need to slow it down enough and allow Brady to outscore them.

This game reminds me of SB 36 Kurt Warner and his greatest show. At the time, it was considered the most prolific offense in the history of the NFL.

Except this time, the Pats offense can go toe to toe. That certainly wasn't the case in SB 36.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's also a difference between shutting a team down, and thinking they'll hold them to under 38 points. Which rmilia1 thinks is retarded.

I'm not quite as gongho on them scoring over 38...but I do think this will be the best OFC NE has faced this season by a good margin....what's funny is they looked like shit last year.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that they are sieve on defence.

Heh. Okaaaay.

I'll just bow out now and leave you to your masturbation.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not quite as gongho on them scoring over 38...but I do think this will be the best OFC NE has faced this season by a good margin....what's funny is they looked like shit last year.

Yes! With more or less the same personnel. Matt Ryan stopped throwing picks. But I guess they just grew as a team.