• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl 51: Patriots -3 Over ATL

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be fun spending 2 weeks telling Pats fans exactly what's going to happen to their D and then watch it unfold just like I said. I only got 1 week of fun with Seattle and GB fans so this will be a good time

Just make sure you keep your front door locked between now and then so you don't miss the game.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man it's so adorable how nobody gives the Falcons a shot against anyone. Seahawks gonna beat em, Packers sure as hell gonna beat em, Pats win by a blowout.

I'll be here to remind everyone of their stupidity when Atlanta hangs 45 on the Pats and Vic Beasley rips Tom Brady's head off.

Everyone thought that Big Ben and the Steelers would beat the Patriots yesterday. Almost every 'expert' picking the Steelers and most having the Steelers scoring 30+....

I've repeatedly posted that anyone making predictions that a team will bust 30 and keep the Patriots offense under 30 is living in a different universe. The Patriots give up 15.6 points a game. They were right there yesterday giving up 17. They gave up 16 against Houston. Atlanta's defense gives up 24.5 points a game.

Atlanta scores 35 a game and so do the Patriots.

Chewbaccer, there will be a lot of people here to remind you of such a stupid prediction. No one has even come close to hanging 45 points on the Patriots this season. Nor will the Falcons. They'll have to worry more about the Patriots hanging 45 on them.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand, it's a lot easier to make predictions after the game.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone thought that Big Ben and the Steelers would beat the Patriots yesterday. Almost every 'expert' picking the Steelers and most having the Steelers scoring 30+....

I've repeatedly posted that anyone making predictions that a team will bust 30 and keep the Patriots offense under 30 is living in a different universe. The Patriots give up 15.6 points a game. They were right there yesterday giving up 17. They gave up 16 against Houston. Atlanta's defense gives up 24.5 points a game.

Atlanta scores 35 a game and so do the Patriots.

Chewbaccer, there will be a lot of people here to remind you of such a stupid prediction. No one has even come close to hanging 45 points on the Patriots this season. Nor will the Falcons. They'll have to worry more about the Patriots hanging 45 on them.
And the Pats haven't allowed 45 points in a game since 1993.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only thing that could hold Atlanta down will be nerves. If they can overcome that I don't see New England being able to slow down Atlanta. On the flip side I think Atlanta might be able to bring enough pressure to slow Brady down a bit. They destroyed Green Bay's line today and they are no slouches. Should be a good game. I have Atlanta winning 38-31.

Agree... like Falcons in this game if nerves do not get to them. Playing in Houston in Dome with their team speed plays to their strengths. If game was outside in cold weather would like Pats chances.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not much of a feat. Yesterday morning the Pats D hadn't played any decent QBs. Now we're just down to they suck. :rolleyes2:
I don't think Pats suck I just don't think they will be able to handle the #1 offense and all the weapons they have.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That total will go wayyyy up

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You knew this would happen!

Come on. You KNEW this would happen:

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing to me that with every new game people think this is the team that's going to stop Atlanta. This will be a great game imo but the NE D has NO CHANCE to stop Atlantas offense. Elite offenses, historically elite, can only be stopped by ELITE defenses. New England has a good defense maybe even very good but that is irrelevant. They can't stop Atlanta. If New England wins it will be because they score 35-38+. If they don't crack 30 they lose. Period.
Yeah but who the hell is going to stop Tom Brady?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing to me that with every new game people think this is the team that's going to stop Atlanta. This will be a great game imo but the NE D has NO CHANCE to stop Atlantas offense. Elite offenses, historically elite, can only be stopped by ELITE defenses. New England has a good defense maybe even very good but that is irrelevant. They can't stop Atlanta. If New England wins it will be because they score 35-38+. If they don't crack 30 they lose. Period.

I wanna feel your enthusiasm, I really do, but BB is a master at slowing the best player on your team....And if Julio is slowed, Im not so sure the rest of that offense can pick up enough slack

This is a coach that slowed down the greatest show on turf, when the entire world thought that was impossible

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna feel your enthusiasm, I really do, but BB is a master at slowing the best player on your team....And if Julio is slowed, Im not so sure the rest of that offense can pick up enough slack

This is a coach that slowed down the greatest show on turf, when the entire world thought that was impossible
The Falcons scored 43 ppg in the games Julio missed this year. JJ is great but he's not the whole offense. You can't stop him with 1 guy so if you put 2 guys on him you're even more screwed. Just the way it is

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons scored 43 ppg in the games Julio missed this year. JJ is great but he's not the whole offense. You can't stop him with 1 guy so if you put 2 guys on him you're even more screwed. Just the way it is

I hope youre right......Freeman and Coleman will have to be huge, and a lot better than yesterday

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You realize GB has no defence, right?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely no pressure on Atlanta. They can play free.

Obviously pulling for ATL, but I have no clue who will win.

Having seen a lot of NE and every game for ATL...this will be an interesting game. Unlike Tomlin was last night, I think DQ will be aggressive on DEF and OFC.

Like you said, truly playing with house money at this point.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope youre right......Freeman and Coleman will have to be huge, and a lot better than yesterday
They didn't need to be great yesterday because GB singled JJ. If the Pats do that then Atlanta will go off. If they double or triple him then JJ will have a slow game and the others will tear NE apart. Listen most people here didn't watch much, if any, of Atlanta this year so they watch the playoffs and think " same old Atlanta, lots of Julio". It's just not the case. JJ had a great year but there were 8 games this year he caught 4vor less passes ( usually because he was doubled). In those 8 ganes Atlanta averaged 35 ppg. So it's realistically does not matter what NE does. Unless they figure out a way to play with 13 defenders they're fucked

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't need to be great yesterday because GB singled JJ. If the Pats do that then Atlanta will go off. If they double or triple him then JJ will have a slow game and the others will tear NE apart. Listen most people here didn't watch much, if any, of Atlanta this year so they watch the playoffs and think " same old Atlanta, lots of Julio". It's just not the case. JJ had a great year but there were 8 games this year he caught 4vor less passes ( usually because he was doubled). In those 8 ganes Atlanta averaged 35 ppg. So it's realistically does not matter what NE does. Unless they figure out a way to play with 13 defenders they're fucked

LOL

Watching that game with buddies, we were laughing at Julio being singled by Gunther

We were predicting every pass to him, especially before the half with 6 seconds

"is that Julio on the bottom of the screen being singled by Gunther?"

Jesus, Mccarthy is such an idiot

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize GB has no defence, right?

I'm pretty sure he would say the Falcons would hang 35 to 38 on the 85 Bears.

He's drowning in the Falcon's kool aid.