• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl 51: Patriots -3 Over ATL

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously pulling for ATL, but I have no clue who will win.

Having seen a lot of NE and every game for ATL...this will be an interesting game. Unlike Tomlin was last night, I think DQ will be aggressive on DEF and OFC.

Like you said, truly playing with house money at this point.

Have no idea who I want to lose more. I hate the Falcons for obvious reasons but living in NYC, I have to deal with a lot of Pats fans daily lol. I just hope I win a shit load of money on my superbowl boxes

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize GB has no defence, right?

ATL has played DEN, SEA, AZ, KC...some pretty good DEFs and went north of 30 in nearly every game, so I tend to agree with rmilia1 that NE won't shut them down.

The big issue for ATL...lotta rookies, 2nd yr guys that obviously have never been on this stage. In fact of the 53, only Freeney has been to a SB before. Quinn has been to two SBs with SEA so he can help, but how they handle being on the big stage (not so much the game, but the pregame) will go a long ways towards the results in this game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Watching that game with buddies, we were laughing at Julio being singled by Gunther

We were predicting every pass to him, especially before the half with 6 seconds

"is that Julio on the bottom of the screen being singled by Gunther?"

Jesus, Mccarthy is such an idiot

Remember when Packers fans were hyping up Gunther after the Giants game?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't need to be great yesterday because GB singled JJ. If the Pats do that then Atlanta will go off. If they double or triple him then JJ will have a slow game and the others will tear NE apart. Listen most people here didn't watch much, if any, of Atlanta this year so they watch the playoffs and think " same old Atlanta, lots of Julio". It's just not the case. JJ had a great year but there were 8 games this year he caught 4vor less passes ( usually because he was doubled). In those 8 ganes Atlanta averaged 35 ppg. So it's realistically does not matter what NE does. Unless they figure out a way to play with 13 defenders they're fucked

Wow, what a shit talker.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing to me that with every new game people think this is the team that's going to stop Atlanta. This will be a great game imo but the NE D has NO CHANCE to stop Atlantas offense. Elite offenses, historically elite, can only be stopped by ELITE defenses. New England has a good defense maybe even very good but that is irrelevant. They can't stop Atlanta. If New England wins it will be because they score 35-38+. If they don't crack 30 they lose. Period.

Did you just start watching football this season? Do you really think the Belichick is going to allow Matt Ryan of all people to just romp up and down the field on his defense??
21e.gif

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Watching that game with buddies, we were laughing at Julio being singled by Gunther

We were predicting every pass to him, especially before the half with 6 seconds

"is that Julio on the bottom of the screen being singled by Gunther?"

Jesus, Mccarthy is such an idiot
Well they doubled him in week 8 and got lit up so I'm assuming he was trying a different plan. Neither plan works

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Packers fans were hyping up Gunther after the Giants game?

Yes, one of the most brutal games ive seen by a corner, on every level, in a long time

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't need to be great yesterday because GB singled JJ. If the Pats do that then Atlanta will go off. If they double or triple him then JJ will have a slow game and the others will tear NE apart. Listen most people here didn't watch much, if any, of Atlanta this year so they watch the playoffs and think " same old Atlanta, lots of Julio". It's just not the case. JJ had a great year but there were 8 games this year he caught 4vor less passes ( usually because he was doubled). In those 8 ganes Atlanta averaged 35 ppg. So it's realistically does not matter what NE does. Unless they figure out a way to play with 13 defenders they're fucked

They could also go heavy pass defence dropping 8 into coverage forcing Matt to check down to the run slowing the game down. Hmmmm where have I seen this done before, hmmm.:scratch: Oh Right BB and the Patriots.

Brady will liquify the inept Atlanta def, I would be shocked if he doesn't drop 30+ on them, and I suspect BB is going to slow Atlanta down by forcing them into the run, or Matt rolling the dice and risk throwing into heavy coverage. In this scenario the RBs can run all they want, but it will eat the clock up while the Pats O rolls over the Falcon's D.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just start watching football this season? Do you really think the Belichick is going to allow Matt Ryan of all people to just romp up and down the field on his defense??
21e.gif
It doesn't matter what BN thinks he is going to allow. His defense isn't good enough to stop Atlanta. Period

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, pay attention...

This is how they will defend JJ. Not saying it will work, but it was pretty effective last night against Antonio Brown, who BTW is no slouch.

Butler will press cover and be physical with JJ off the line knowing that he has McCourty covering the top. Butler has a huge size disadvantage so they could instead put Logan Ryan on him. Ryan has had good games against Demaryius Thomas who also has size. Now that I think of it, I think Ryan will be on Jones and Butler will need to handle Sanu on an island.

Ryan has better secondary receivers than Ben. He will need big games from guys like Sanu.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could also go heavy pass defence dropping 8 into coverage forcing Matt to check down to the run slowing the game down. Hmmmm where have I seen this done before, hmmm.:scratch: Oh Right BB and the Patriots.

Brady will liquify the inept Atlanta def, I would be shocked if he doesn't drop 30+ on them, and I suspect BB is going to slow Atlanta down by forcing them into the run, or Matt rolling the dice and risk throwing into heavy coverage. In this scenario the RBs can run all they want, but it will eat the clock up while the Pats O rolls over the Falcon's D.
They could and then they'll get hashed for 200+ on the ground like Denver and Carolina did when they tried that. Just focus on trying to win a shootout because your D isn't good enough to stop Atlanta

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, pay attention...

This is how they will defend JJ. Not saying it will work, but it was pretty effective last night against Antonio Brown, who BTW is no slouch.

Butler will press cover and be physical with JJ off the line knowing that he has McCourty covering the top. Butler has a huge size disadvantage so they could instead put Logan Ryan on him. Ryan has had good games against Demaryius Thomas who also has size. Now that I think of it, I think Ryan will be on Jones and Butler will need to handle Sanu on an island.

Ryan has better secondary receivers than Ben. He will need big games from guys like Sanu.
Atlanta has vastly superior secondary weapons to Pitt. It's cool. You'll see

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta has vastly superior secondary weapons to Pitt. It's cool. You'll see

What you will also see first hand is the master at work with two weeks to prepare for your offensive "juggernaut".

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL has played DEN, SEA, AZ, KC...some pretty good DEFs and went north of 30 in nearly every game, so I tend to agree with rmilia1 that NE won't shut them down.

The big issue for ATL...lotta rookies, 2nd yr guys that obviously have never been on this stage. In fact of the 53, only Freeney has been to a SB before. Quinn has been to two SBs with SEA so he can help, but how they handle being on the big stage (not so much the game, but the pregame) will go a long ways towards the results in this game.

vs Den put up 23
vs Sea put up 24 and lost
vs AZ put up 38 but by that point, wk 13, it was well established AZ was a paper tiger.
vs KC put up 28

They also put up 24 vs the Bucs, and 15 vs the Eagles.

The Patriots defence is better than all those teams don't you think, based on what we know about them now?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you will also see first hand is the master at work with two weeks to prepare for your offensive "juggernaut".
LOL. OK. Nothing he does is relevant. The players aren't good enough

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could and then they'll get hashed for 200+ on the ground like Denver and Carolina did when they tried that. Just focus on trying to win a shootout because your D isn't good enough to stop Atlanta

Sure, but they will also only score in the mid 20's, which is the whole point.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vs Den put up 23
vs AZ put up 38 but by that point, wk 13 it was well established AZ was a paper tiger.
vs KC put up 28

The Patriots defence is better than all those teams don't you think, based on what we know about them now?
4 of those games were pre week 6. Not the same team now. It'll be fun to see you guys on February 6.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 of those games were pre week 6. Not the same team now. It'll be fun to see you guys on February 6.

I didn't pick them. And it doesn't matter when they were, they were teams with weaker defences than the Patriots, and the Falcons failed to break 30 on them.

Falcons need the Patriots to beat themselves with mistakes, then you can get your 30+.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vs Den put up 23
vs AZ put up 38 but by that point, wk 13, it was well established AZ was a paper tiger.
vs KC put up 28

Hmmm, not so sure...Even you have to admit its been a long time since they have faced any semblance of a high powered offense.......Last night was close, but losing Bell, is like losing most of our offense