• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl 51: Patriots -3 Over ATL

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you said it was retarded to think the Falcons aren't going to score 38 points.
I was just starting the smack talk lol. We are on a roll now!

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not quite as gongho on them scoring over 38...but I do think this will be the best OFC NE has faced this season by a good margin....what's funny is they looked like shit last year.
It's the best offense anyone has faced as they are the best offense in the NFL.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Reads predictions. Everyone except Falcons fans are taking New England.*

I don't know what I expected.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cherry picking? No, responding to the teams you selected as examples.

I'm not suggesting Atl won't put up points, I just think it's going to be more mid 20s.

The dropping 8 into coverage and forcing them to run is what BB has done in the past when faced with a high powered passing attack. Slows the game down. Combine that with Atl having one of the worst defences in the NFL, I think the Pats win somewhere in the 34 - 28 range. This is assuming neither team goes full tard and gives up 4 turnovers.

Okay, I don't recall mentioning PHI or TB, but I gotcha.

ATL DEF, don't fall into the same stats trap that some GB fans did.

They won't remind anybody of the '85 Bears, but it's not the same DEF Quinn trotted out the there in week 1 thru 8 or 9....i.e. far from the worst DEF now.

If I'm pulling for ATL (and I am) what I don't want to see is what Tomlin threw out there last night in the 1st half. Quinn's DEF plsyd s 4-3 front but is cut from a similar cloth...zone shell and rushing 4...Brady will crave that up just like he did the Steelers. If that happens...I might go 42-28 NE.

But Quinn has shown a lot more aggressiveness and willing to mix it up and play man and send more rushers...the young LB are fast but not yet great in coverage so I expect McDaniels to target them a lot underneath in this game. In short I think NE is going to score more than 24.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I don't recall mentioning PHI or TB, but I gotcha.

ATL DEF, don't fall into the same stats trap that some GB fans did.

They won't remind anybody of the '85 Bears, but it's not the same DEF Quinn trotted out the there in week 1 thru 8 or 9....i.e. far from the worst DEF now.

If I'm pulling for ATL (and I am) what I don't want to see is what Tomlin threw out there last night in the 1st half. Quinn's DEF plsyd s 4-3 front but is cut from a similar cloth...zone shell and rushing 4...Brady will crave that up just like he did the Steelers. If that happens...I might go 42-28 NE.

But Quinn has shown a lot more aggressiveness and willing to mix it up and play man and send more rushers...the young LB are fast but not yet great in coverage so I expect McDaniels to target them a lot underneath in this game. In short I think NE is going to score more than 24.

Good post.

I think the key is to somehow confuse Brady as much as possible with disguises. Think Rex Ryan at the top of his game. Easier said then done. I have no idea if the Falcons have the personnel to change things up based on what they see at the line of scrimmage. If they play mostly vanilla like the Steelers it will be a long day. But yeah, Quinn is better than I would imagine.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter what BN thinks he is going to allow. His defense isn't good enough to stop Atlanta. Period
two weeks from now, you're going to need a hug. don't you dare even look my way.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last 7 lowest scoring defenses to match up against highest scoring offenses in the superbowl won 6 times.......

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a flip side is nobody is talking much about whom the Falcon offense will be playing. Yeah, the Patriots faced a lot of garbage QB's this season on route to the #1 defense in points allowed, but whom did the Falcons offense go up against? They faced Seattle early when they were healthy, and did OK against Denver, but there is a certain level of 2015 Panthers going on with them. I don't think Atlantas offense was as fluky as Carolina was last year - they do have some legit talent - but I am intrigued by what they'll do against NE's D.

I think they have to sustain drives on the ground and get theirs through play action in order to win.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two weeks from now, you're going to need a hug. don't you dare even look my way.
LOL. Maybe but it won't be because my offense got stopped. Doesn't guarantee a win though

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a flip side is nobody is talking much about whom the Falcon offense will be playing. Yeah, the Patriots faced a lot of garbage QB's this season on route to the #1 defense in points allowed, but whom did the Falcons offense go up against? They faced Seattle early when they were healthy, and did OK against Denver, but there is a certain level of 2015 Panthers going on with them. I don't think Atlantas offense was as fluky as Carolina was last year - they do have some legit talent - but I am intrigued by what they'll do against NE's D.

I think they have to sustain drives on the ground and get theirs through play action in order to win.
Atlanta played the 2nd best defensive schedule on the NFL this year. It was 1st til week 17. Fucking New Orleans

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta played the 2nd best defensive schedule on the NFL this year. It was 1st til week 17. Fucking New Orleans

Is that based on going into this year, or the final tally?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Reads predictions. Everyone except Falcons fans are taking New England.*

I don't know what I expected.
As I sit here today, I'm thinking Atlanta wins the game. I was that impressed yesterday.
However, the thought of BB having two weeks to prepare for Ryan and company makes me think back to NE Vs. the greatest show on turf.

best part might be that I've been wrong on every playoff prediction this year

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF Atlanta's defense that played yesterday shows up at the SB then I think Atlanta has more than a punchers chance. Pressure on Brady will be HUGE

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final tally. They talked about it when debating Ryan as MVP

Hmmm, interesting. I don't know if that further validates my belief that the Falcons played way over their talent this year, ie the '15 Panthers, or the overall level of defenses in this league is crap. I just hope they don't fully crap the bed and it was basically all for not. I'd like to see a good game like the previous year (Pat/Sea) although injuries played a bigger deal in that, vs the shitshow last year - a thouroughly unwatchable game.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, interesting. I don't know if that further validates my belief that the Falcons played way over their talent this year, ie the '15 Panthers, or the overall level of defenses in this league is crap. I just hope they don't fully crap the bed and it was basically all for not. I'd like to see a good game like the previous year (Pat/Sea) although injuries played a bigger deal in that, vs the shitshow last year - a thouroughly unwatchable game.
New England has never blown anyone out in A SB so I see no reason to think they'd do so now vs a team that's probably better than at least 3 or 4 of those 6 teams ( minimum)

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England has never blown anyone out in A SB so I see no reason to think they'd do so now vs a team that's probably better than at least 3 or 4 of those 6 teams ( minimum)

I really don't know how good this Falcon team is....they're on a nice run. They have some solid pieces on offense, but their defense scares me...and not in a good way. I think the story could've been very different had GB kicked the FG and not fumbled deep in Atl territory - that's a potential 10-10 game and it's game on. After that fumble, I sorta stopped watching.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing to me that with every new game people think this is the team that's going to stop Atlanta. This will be a great game imo but the NE D has NO CHANCE to stop Atlantas offense. Elite offenses, historically elite, can only be stopped by ELITE defenses. New England has a good defense maybe even very good but that is irrelevant. They can't stop Atlanta. If New England wins it will be because they score 35-38+. If they don't crack 30 they lose. Period.

A lot of people thought the Steelers offensive talent would overwhelm the Patriots D. Instead it was the other way around.

I think it would be silly to think the Pats will stop Atlanta. I just want them to slow them down.. And then it's a question of who can stop who better.