• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl 51: Patriots -3 Over ATL

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta is better when people try to take Jones away so we will see what BB comes up with. Having watched 18 games this year I can day mo one has stopped Atlanta unless they get pressure, consistently, with the front 4 only.

Which ironically is how the Giants beat the Pats twice in the SB.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't tailor a defense to stop Atlanta. Th st Yreka too multiple and diverse. The only way to occasionally stop Atlanta is to get pressure with your DL without bringing extra people

I already did.

Drop 8 into coverage. Ryan is a smart qb will recognize the situation and check down to a run. Atlanta will take the easy yardage and march it into the redzone where it will tighten up due to the short distance. Atlanta will score, but it will be at the expense of time and total points.

New England is actually a better offence since Brady returned in week five compared to Atlanta. Atlanta doesn't have the talent to slow them down.

This will work because Atlanta does not have the defence to match them and slow the Patriots high powered offence down in the same manner.

Final score 36-24 New England.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already did.

Drop 8 into coverage. Ryan is a smart qb will recognize the situation and check down to a run. Atlanta will take the easy yardage and march it into the redzone where it will tighten up due to the short distance. Atlanta will score, but it will be at the expense of time and total points.

New England is actually a better offence since Brady returned in week five compared to Atlanta. Atlanta doesn't have the talent to slow them down.

This will work because Atlanta does not have the defence to match them and slow the Patriots high powered offence down in the same manner.

Final score 36-24 New England.
LOL. No dude they're not

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. No dude they're not

OK, so you have never actually followed Bill Belichick? Got it.

I'm not even trying to hack on the Falcon's, just pointing out what I think BB will try and do, after watching him call games for 30+ years. (And yes, there were years I watched but didn't realize he was the arch of the defense of a game.)

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they doubled him in week 8 and got lit up so I'm assuming he was trying a different plan. Neither plan works

Ah but in week 8 Julio was shut down only like 30 yards and no TDs. Just could not stop the rest ha ha

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, nobody reading rmilia's bullshit will ever call a Pats fan obnoxious.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, nobody reading rmilia's bullshit will ever call a Pats fan obnoxious.
I'm not being obnoxious. I'm stating facts. You don't agree with them but they're facts none the less. I haven't even picked Atlanta to win the game. Your defense is not good enough to stop Atlanta. It's just not. If that hurts your pride or feelings or whatever I'm sorry. I know as a fan you have hope and as a NE fan you have confidence. Un g ortunately hope and confidence won't help your c team play D

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should act like he's been there before.

Oh Wait.. He hasn't! :D
I'm not acting like anything. I'm telling you what's going to happen to your D. I'm not even being rude. It's statement of fact

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not acting like anything. I'm telling you what's going to happen to your D. I'm not even being rude. It's statement of fact

More like a prediction I'd say.. :)

What's the word. Roughshod? Maybe the Atlanta Falcons will run roughshod over the Patriots but I still that's less probable than other outcomes.

I'm no expert. I thought Clinton would win and now look where we are!

:sad2:

I think both offenses will score a good number of points but the edge will be in which D can keep the other from scoring TDs (instead of field goals) and making critical stops at the right time etc.

It's been a long time since we had routs in a Superbowl. Except for Seattle/Denver and that was all due to D against a record setting offense. (And no the Patriots aren't that good)

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like a prediction I'd say.. :)

What's the word. Roughshod? Maybe the Atlanta Falcons will run roughshod over the Patriots but I still that's less probable than other outcomes.

I'm no expert. I thought Clinton would win and now look where we are!

:sad2:

I think both offenses will score a good number of points but the edge will be in which D can keep the other from scoring TDs (instead of field goals) and making critical stops at the right time etc.

It's been a long time since we had routs in a Superbowl. Except for Seattle/Denver and that was all due to D against a record setting offense. (And no the Patriots aren't that good)
Everything is a prediction until it happens. I can tell you the sun will come up tomorrow but it COULD explode and kill us all today. The overwhelming probability is that NE will not stop Atlanta. That's just common sense based on metrics, stats, schedules and recent play.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything is a prediction until it happens. I can tell you the sun will come up tomorrow but it COULD explode and kill us all today. The overwhelming probability is that NE will not stop Atlanta. That's just common sense based on metrics, stats, schedules and recent play.

And no one is making that prediction. I think slow them down, having them score below their average etc is a more probable and achievable goal.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not being obnoxious. I'm stating facts. You don't agree with them but they're facts none the less. I haven't even picked Atlanta to win the game. Your defense is not good enough to stop Atlanta. It's just not. If that hurts your pride or feelings or whatever I'm sorry. I know as a fan you have hope and as a NE fan you have confidence. Un g ortunately hope and confidence won't help your c team play D

So how many points are the Falcons going to score on NE?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
34?

What a wuss. How about 45? The Pats can't slow the mighty Atlanta machine. Fact....remember?

34...Lol!

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
34?

What a wuss. How about 45? The Pats can't slow the mighty Atlanta machine. Fact....remember?

34...Lol!
I'll take that as a no to the avi bet? Lots of talk. Typical.