• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl 51: Patriots -3 Over ATL

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not being rude. I'm not doing anything other than voicing my thoughts. You don't agree so you consider it obnoxious. It's not. I don't think the Cowboys fan who said Edelman is better than Jones is being obnoxious. Insane perhaps but not obnoxious. It is what it is. You'll all see in 11 days

Except I never said he was better, just in the Patriots scheme, as deadly.

You're just making shit up.....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what it will come down to.

Atlanta will bring what got it to the dance. The Pats defense is going to get a lot of the offensive looks that they studied and trainer for against this Atlanta O.

The Atlanta D is only going to get some of the offensive looks they have trained for against the Pats. They are going to get hit with plays they are not familiar with.

Now if their is an offensive that you can't stop even if you know what is coming it's Atlanta.

But the Pats are another top 3 or so scoring offense. If the Pats just slow Atlanta down a little bit, I'm not sure the Atlanta D can pick up the slack.

It just a shame I'm usually slurring my words by kick off ...I would have really enjoyed this match up.

Regardless of who the actual DC is, what BB's DEFs do better than most is take away or make sure your primary OFC weapon doesn't beat them.

That's exactly what happened last week...they caught a break with Bell having the hammy, but there was no way A. Brown was going to beat them.

In this game, obviously that player is Julio Jones. This season Shanny has shown that he's willing to go away from Julio and they have a number of other weapons when grouped together are good enough to score 30+ on most teams...figuring that out in a 60 min time window is going to be the challenge for Patricia. Particularly in the RZ, if he can get 2 or 3 RZ trips resulting in FGs...the Pats will win, if not I like ATL's chances.

As you said NE has a pretty good OFC themselves with one of the best playcallers in the game going against a very young DEF.

While it might not be the sexiest matchup from a tradition standpoint, IMO it's setting up to be a great game. I still don't know how to call it.

The one thing kinda going for ATL...they weren't supposed to be here. In Sept, nobody (nationally or in this city) expected the Falcons to be in this game...they can go out there and play fast and loose...leave on the field and the chips fall where they may.

We shall see.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the man have his moment

He's standing up for his team vs 1,400 Patriot fans in here

Go Birds!

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we've seen that last dance out of Blank and his bimbo. That's more irritating than a drunken Bob Kraft....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just sore cause the Steelers shit the bed......

That too, but I live in ATL...only 1 world championship flag hangs here ('95 Braves) would be nice to see another one. Plus give something for the Katrina NOLA folks that stayed something to look at.:nod:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That too, but I live in ATL...only 1 world championship flag hangs here ('95 Braves) would be nice to see another one. Plus give something for the Katrina NOLA folks that stayed something to look at.:nod:

I don't like new Super Bowl club members, it loses it's exclusivity...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like new Super Bowl club members, it loses it's exclusivity...

LOL...I have to agree with you there.

But, I'll make a concession if ATL can pull it off...after 22 yrs here I feel like an Atlantan now and it sucks to have the NOLA people throwing their SB win your face and all you can do is take it, or talk about how dirty and stinky their city is.

If you don't live in either of these towns you wouldn't know it because they've mostly been losers since the 60s, but this is a Hatfields vs McCoys deal down here.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still thinking giving Bill Belichick two weeks to plan in the biggest game gives the Patriots a major advantage.
He will have a plan for anything those young bucks can throw at them.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Help a friend out...

My buddy has two tickets for the 2017 SUPER BOWL, both box seats. He paid $2,500 each ticket, but he didn't realize last year when he bought them, it was going to be on the same day as his wedding. If you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place..... It will be at St. Joseph Church, in Warwick at 3 p.m. Her name is Amanda. She's 5'2, about 130 lbs. very nice lady and she's a great cook too! She'll be the one in the white dress.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the man have his moment

He's standing up for his team vs 1,400 Patriot fans in here

Go Birds!

With a Falcon ass kicking this may be more fun than the Midnight Angel thread with this Super Bowl

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rmilia angel

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Super Bowl-winning team has ever had the NFL's leading passer from the regular season, while just four have had the league's leading rusher (Cowboys' Emmitt Smith three times, Broncos' Terrell Davis once).
Three Super Bowl winners have had the league's leading receiver (Cowboys' Drew Pearson once, 49ers' Jerry Rice twice). :suds:

The team with the better regular-season offense (yards per game) is 22-25 in the Super Bowl, while the team with the better regular-season defense is 30-17.

There have been 21 Super Bowls in which one team had the better offense and better defense; those teams are 13-8. There have been 26 Super Bowls in which one team had the better offense, but the other team had a better defense. In those games, the team with the better defense is 17-9.:suds:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Telling people what's going to happen isn't obnoxious. Just because they don't want to believe it or hear it doesn't make it less likely to happen
It's also not a fact like you like to claim. Try clicking your heels together 3xs when you spew this crap. You have a better chance of it coming true.