• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl 51: Patriots -3 Over ATL

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well obviously defending Brady is nearly impossible. New England gets the ball out if his hands quick and he's so adept at pre snap reads it makes it tough to blitz him because he's going to burn you. My guess is that we will rush 4 most of the time and trust our edge guys to get pressure. When we do blitz it'll be with Jones because he's by far out fastest LB or with Poole off the edge from CBB for the same reason. The secondary is actually pretty underrated imo. They were 27th against the pass overall but 11th on a per pass basis ( meaning Atlanta faced a lot of teams that threw it a lot either because of scheme or because they were trailing most of the game ). What I'd like to see is more man coverage on the slot guys and TE. Make Brady hold it a little longer and take some shots. Sure you'll get burned a few times but realistically you only need 4 or 5 stops. You can't afford to sit in zone and let him pick you apart. I trust the DL to get SOME pressure but it won't matter if you can't button up the underneath stuff. The secondary ( ironically ) has played MUCH better since Trufant got hurt. I'm not all that worried about the NE run game even though Blount and Lewis have been good. Teams always talk about running it and controlling the clock but once they get behind it never really materializes. To be honest I have no real answers to Tom Brady nor does Quinn is my guess. Guys too good to stop, that's why you need to take risks and hope to make a few big plays

If your pass rush is from the edge, that doesn't bode well. This is playing into the strength of the Pats OL (their tackles). They are weak in the interior. Houston had success there. The Steelers tried to move their edge rushers inside, with little success.

To succeed against Brady, you need consistent pressure from the front without blitzing. See the Giants SBs against the Pats.

If you can jam the receivers, fine. But your linebackers will also need to defend two pretty decent receivers in space coming out of the backfield with screens and wheel routes.

Who on defense plays the chess match with Brady at the line of scrimmage? Just curious. I still respect Rex Ryan's ability to play chess, he just didn't have the players in Buffalo that he had in NY.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your pass rush is from the edge, that doesn't bode well. This is playing into the strength of the Pats OL (their tackles). They are weak in the interior. Houston had success there. The Steelers tried to move their edge rushers inside, with little success.

To succeed against Brady, you need consistent pressure from the front without blitzing. See the Giants SBs against the Pats.

If you can jam the receivers, fine. But your linebackers will also need to defend two pretty decent receivers in space coming out of the backfield with screens and wheel routes.

Who on defense plays the chess match with Brady at the line of scrimmage? Just curious. I still respect Rex Ryan's ability to play chess, he just didn't have the players in Buffalo that he had in NY.
The difference in this game will be the Patriots superior defense.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well obviously defending Brady is nearly impossible. New England gets the ball out if his hands quick and he's so adept at pre snap reads it makes it tough to blitz him because he's going to burn you. My guess is that we will rush 4 most of the time and trust our edge guys to get pressure. When we do blitz it'll be with Jones because he's by far out fastest LB or with Poole off the edge from CBB for the same reason. The secondary is actually pretty underrated imo. They were 27th against the pass overall but 11th on a per pass basis ( meaning Atlanta faced a lot of teams that threw it a lot either because of scheme or because they were trailing most of the game ). What I'd like to see is more man coverage on the slot guys and TE. Make Brady hold it a little longer and take some shots. Sure you'll get burned a few times but realistically you only need 4 or 5 stops. You can't afford to sit in zone and let him pick you apart. I trust the DL to get SOME pressure but it won't matter if you can't button up the underneath stuff. The secondary ( ironically ) has played MUCH better since Trufant got hurt. I'm not all that worried about the NE run game even though Blount and Lewis have been good. Teams always talk about running it and controlling the clock but once they get behind it never really materializes. To be honest I have no real answers to Tom Brady nor does Quinn is my guess. Guys too good to stop, that's why you need to take risks and hope to make a few big plays
Patriots wearing white, Falcons red. Game over. The team with the white jersey is 32-18 all time in Super Bowls and have won 11 of the last 12.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our interior guys are solid but they're more run staffers. You may see some twists to get our DE inside ( been doing that more recently). Atlanta's D is FAST. REAL FAST. So with speed being their best attribute it will be tough for Tom to get rid of it if they do get to him. To me this game comes down to which D can make 3 or 4 big plays. Neither defense is going to shut down the others offense so when you know that I think it means you gamble more. When Atlanta played New Orleans this year they took a lot of risks and we're rewarded a few times. The Saints offensive scheme is probably the most similar to the Pats that we played this year. Personally I'd rather give up 3 huge plays and get one pick 6 than I would sit back and let Tom pick you apart on 4 drives but we will see what Quinn dies

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our interior guys are solid but they're more run staffers. You may see some twists to get our DE inside ( been doing that more recently). Atlanta's D is FAST. REAL FAST. So with speed being their best attribute it will be tough for Tom to get rid of it if they do get to him. To me this game comes down to which D can make 3 or 4 big plays. Neither defense is going to shut down the others offense so when you know that I think it means you gamble more. When Atlanta played New Orleans this year they took a lot of risks and we're rewarded a few times. The Saints offensive scheme is probably the most similar to the Pats that we played this year. Personally I'd rather give up 3 huge plays and get one pick 6 than I would sit back and let Tom pick you apart on 4 drives but we will see what Quinn dies
Irrelevant. Pats are wearing white. Game over.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a similar drunken experience years ago. I was talking and then just froze in front of about 5 guys.

Doing it on national TV is different level of epic.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing to me that with every new game people think this is the team that's going to stop Atlanta. This will be a great game imo but the NE D has NO CHANCE to stop Atlantas offense. Elite offenses, historically elite, can only be stopped by ELITE defenses. New England has a good defense maybe even very good but that is irrelevant. They can't stop Atlanta. If New England wins it will be because they score 35-38+. If they don't crack 30 they lose. Period.

You are looking at the Pats defense for a pure personnel standpoint.

What you are forgetting is this defense will be tailored specifically to stop Atlanta from doing what it does.
Belichick is watching game film as we speak looking for a weakness that Atlanta does not know it has.

Who know how it turns out but a good defense with Belichick at the helm ..any offensive will have it's work cut out for them.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are looking at the Pats defense for a pure personnel standpoint.

What you are forgetting is this defense will be tailored specifically to stop Atlanta from doing what it does.
Belichick is watching game film as we speak looking for a weakness that Atlanta does not know it has.

Who know how it turns out but a good defense with Belichick at the helm ..any offensive will have it's work cut out for them.

You can't tailor a defense to stop Atlanta. Th st Yreka too multiple and diverse. The only way to occasionally stop Atlanta is to get pressure with your DL without bringing extra people

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't tailor a defense to stop Atlanta. Th st Yreka too multiple and diverse. The only way to occasionally stop Atlanta is to get pressure with your DL without bringing extra people

It is a juggernaut of an offense. No question.

But Belichick is a tricky bastard. He takes what you do best and somehow exploits it.

He made the Steelers offense look down right anemic.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a juggernaut of an offense. No question.

But Belichick is a tricky bastard. He takes what you do best and somehow exploits it.

He made the Steelers offense look down right anemic.
Atlanta is better when people try to take Jones away so we will see what BB comes up with. Having watched 18 games this year I can day mo one has stopped Atlanta unless they get pressure, consistently, with the front 4 only.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta is better when people try to take Jones away so we will see what BB comes up with. Having watched 18 games this year I can day mo one has stopped Atlanta unless they get pressure, consistently, with the front 4 only.
Not really.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys,

Im in another thread if you need my help and need to smarten up this thread