• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl 51: Patriots -3 Over ATL

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, how did you get stats back to the merger? You must know something I don't (and I'm not being sarcastic) because I can only find back to 1989 on Football Outsiders.

Also, can you show your work on those standard deviations?

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he already failed simple math earlier so I'll kindly reserve judgement lol
Well that wasn't a math problem, that was me being an idiot problem by plugging in the wrong numbers.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wheelchair bound friend is gonna fuck you up
I don't fight handicapped people. Especially not if they have that weird computerized voice thingy... that shit is creepy

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't fight handicapped people. Especially not if they have that weird computerized voice thingy... that shit is creepy
He is gonna stick the voice stick and your neck and say F uCk YoU

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's talk strategy then. Let me hear it yo!

Well lost in all the meaningless statistical mumbo jumbo of past games, I explained how Belichick will defend you "elite" receivers.

I would like to hear how Quinn will defend what is essentially the same offense (yeah I know, less Gronk) as SB 49 but with less talent than the vaunted Seahawks defense in which his defense failed miserably in the 4th quarter.

It's an honest question. I know Quinn earned his chops on defense so how is he as a tactician? What formations / fronts do the Falcons run? Do they tailor their gameplan to the opponent or more like those dumb fucks in Pittsburgh where they sit back in mostly vanilla formations and allow Brady to slice and dice? That kinda of thing.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lost in all the meaningless statistical mumbo jumbo of past games, I explained how Belichick will defend you "elite" receivers.

I would like to hear how Quinn will defend what is essentially the same offense (yeah I know, less Gronk) as SB 49 but with less talent than the vaunted Seahawks defense in which his defense failed miserably in the 4th quarter.

It's an honest question. I know Quinn earned his chops on defense so how is he as a tactician? What formations / fronts do the Falcons run? Do they tailor their gameplan to the opponent or more like those dumb fucks in Pittsburgh where they sit back in mostly vanilla formations and allow Brady to slice and dice? That kinda of thing.
Well obviously defending Brady is nearly impossible. New England gets the ball out if his hands quick and he's so adept at pre snap reads it makes it tough to blitz him because he's going to burn you. My guess is that we will rush 4 most of the time and trust our edge guys to get pressure. When we do blitz it'll be with Jones because he's by far out fastest LB or with Poole off the edge from CBB for the same reason. The secondary is actually pretty underrated imo. They were 27th against the pass overall but 11th on a per pass basis ( meaning Atlanta faced a lot of teams that threw it a lot either because of scheme or because they were trailing most of the game ). What I'd like to see is more man coverage on the slot guys and TE. Make Brady hold it a little longer and take some shots. Sure you'll get burned a few times but realistically you only need 4 or 5 stops. You can't afford to sit in zone and let him pick you apart. I trust the DL to get SOME pressure but it won't matter if you can't button up the underneath stuff. The secondary ( ironically ) has played MUCH better since Trufant got hurt. I'm not all that worried about the NE run game even though Blount and Lewis have been good. Teams always talk about running it and controlling the clock but once they get behind it never really materializes. To be honest I have no real answers to Tom Brady nor does Quinn is my guess. Guys too good to stop, that's why you need to take risks and hope to make a few big plays