• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction...Mac is going forwards while Cam is going backwards.

All in all, Thanks for giving it a college try Cam.
Here's hoping 2020 will be looked at by many younger Pats fans the way many older Pats fans remember 1992 and before.

Edit: 1992....FUCK we have had a good run. Thank YOU Robert Kraft!!
I'm not sure why there's a reaction at all to Cam wanting to see himself as better than he is. Call it "seeing a drip in a glass and thinking the glass is starting to get filled" (my hyperbolic spin on a glass half full). Cam may have been a bit of a side show, he was never an actual distraction.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also alluded to it being the Pats fault for not having a second pair of eyes on it.

I'd like to just move on because the dude is not worth the time but I kinda started to really dislike him recently.
As I stated earlier, he hasn't been a distraction before these comments so it's good we moved on early.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why there's a reaction at all to Cam wanting to see himself as better than he is. Call it "seeing a drip in a glass and thinking the glass is starting to get filled" (my hyperbolic spin on a glass half full). Cam may have been a bit of a side show, he was never an actual distraction.
Agreed. Hence, Thanks for the college try!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't hear any of this, I only read some of it. Is Cam actually pissed?

I agree with him in concept, and that concept fits his narrative and also played out a bit last tear between Tua and FitzTragic. The difference is FT is on again, off again and Cam is only off. When Tua was bad he had every wanting the FitzMagic side of FitzTragic, and yes it was a distraction.

Also, have we discussed what Cam spelled backwards is? Not drawing any conclusions or trying to set a bad omen, just pointing it out.
He was trying to be non chalont but if you listen to him, there's a real underlying anger. Not in his tone but the way he tells his take on it. There's also a great deal of frustration. In one part he talks about "Talking with Josh and he has some difficulty in saying "Josh'. He might be more pissed at Josh for something than he's letting on. He knows that The team needs to move on and admitted that he wasn't prepared in 2020. didn't learn the plays and was terriblr at times. Ya think??

I did mention back about May that Cam spelled backward is Mac and viza verza.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He admitted his covid suspension was because he traveled for a second opinion for a Lisfranc fracture from 2019.
If a 2 year old injury is still bothering him, it's time to hang it up. TE or otherwise.
A lisfranc fracture can bother you for life. If you get surgery, they fuse the bones of your foot together. No more bounce in your step.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also alluded to it being the Pats fault for not having a second pair of eyes on it.

I'd like to just move on because the dude is not worth the time but I kinda started to really dislike him recently.
Basically saying he didn't believe the team doctors.

Sorry, not buying his bs. Why wait until week 3 of preseason? Did it just flair up again? Did he see the writting on the wall and wanted a medical settlement?

Such a waste of natural talent.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever have one of those nights where you're nodding off watching TV and you decide to go to bed. You get in bed and suddenly you're wide awake and just cannot find a comfortable spot. I've been playing Microsoft Soduko for the past hour and set my all time low time on the Medium puzzle of 2:45. Nothing on the tube. Just thought I'd see if I could type myself to sleep.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Article from the Patriots wire:

Mac winked at the Dolphins defense.

Mac, when asked said, "It was fun and games. Elandon Roberts and Jason McCourty were up on the line of scrimmage and one of them called out the play that Mac had been instructed to call. "I ran the play because that is what I was told to do, but I winked at them after they called it out. Just fun and games." The play was a run run that was stopped for no gain.

When asked why he didn't change the play he said, "Sometimes they're not right either."

IMO, if the OL had blocked the play properly, Roberts who is run defender, would have been taken out and McCourty would have been over matched by Harris who outweighs him by 45 lbs.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mac, when asked said, "It was fun and games. Elandon Roberts and Jason McCourty were up on the line of scrimmage and one of them called out the play that Mac had been instructed to call. "I ran the play because that is what I was told to do, but I winked at them after they called it out. Just fun and games." The play was a run run that was stopped for no gain.

When asked why he didn't change the play he said, "Sometimes they're not right either."

IMO, if the OL had blocked the play properly, Roberts who is run defender, would have been taken out and McCourty would have been over matched by Harris who outweighs him by 45 lbs.
I would have liked to be a fly on the wall when Belichick 1st heard about this.....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well...What would TB have done?
He would have run the play too.
I have a really good feeling, that when they meet again there will be more of this.
And Mac Attack will bet them.

I am starting to like this kid.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...What would TB have done?
He would have run the play too.
I have a really good feeling, that when they meet again there will be more of this.
And Mac Attack will bet them.

I am starting to like this kid.
Would I have liked Lawrence for this team? Sure, but it wasn't realistic. With realistic expectations, from the beginning of the draft period Mac has always been my guy.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone notice click bait is getting worse. Even our trusted sources are doing it...

This headlines says "BB Responds....", but the truth is he was asked a question and said "I won't respond"... Who would click an article if it was "BB does not respond"? More and more I'm seeing vague headlines with zero content.

Last edited:

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone notice click bait is getting worse. Even our trusted sources are doing it...

This headlines says "BB Responds....", but the truth is he was asked a question and said "I won't respond"... Who would click an article if it was "BB does not respond"? More and more I'm seeing vague headlines with zero content.

Personally, I find the current state of journalism to be a shameless display of bullshit for clicks. They're not even trying to pretend they're trying to write something of any substance or quality. Anything to get clicks is the current state of things.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I find the current state of journalism to be a shameless display of bullshit for clicks. They're not even trying to pretend they're trying to write something of any substance or quality. Anything to get clicks is the current state of things.
I read sports reporting before I check in here.
I have noticed that when Isee something posted in "stupid news" I can usually predict which article is being referenced!
Many I don't even read. I just make a mental note about the stupid news!

I don't post every stupid article I see. It would overload the board!

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine the bullshit for clicks that is going to be written next week for the Pats/Bucs game? Hell, they've already started with shit from Alex whats-his-name as well as Brady's father so the table is already set for a bunch of bullshit as soon as week 4 commences.