• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you may or may not know, I started growing hot peppers in July. The harvest has been incredible.

Red Ghost, Habanero, Jalapeno. Serrano. Cowhorn, Oriental, Tabasco, Cayenne

Today I made my fist Chili pepper hot sauce with Red Ghost, Habanero, Jalapeno and Cowhorns.

I just tested it and it's a burner, but actually quite good. No stems or seeds in this one. It's a bit tedious but I can't wait to put in a chili or as part of a ragu for a stew or sauce.

Wish that I had someone around that really loved hot stuff and could give me an unbiased opinion.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you may or may not know, I started growing hot peppers in July. The harvest has been incredible.

Today I made my fist Chili pepper hot sauce with Red Ghost, Habanero, Jalapeno and Cowhorns.

I just tested it and it's a burner, but actually quite good. No stems or seeds in this one. It's a bit tedious but I can't wait to put in a chili or as part of a ragu for a stew or sauce.

Wish that I had someone around that really loved hot stuff and could give me an unbiased opinion.
I like hot, but not so hot that the only thing is heat.
I like to taste all the flavors with some heat.
Some quick heat, some creeper heat and some lasting heat all come from different peppers, but to me not in a quantity that overpowers everything else.

Not this week end but next, I'm doing a chili.
1 LB ground Wagyu, 1 14 oz Wagyu ribeye diced, 1 lb hot sausage.
Jabenaro and serrano peppers.

I am also going to start some Black Pearl Pepper plants this coming spring.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really love hot stuff but here is an opinion based upon my own experience.

1) mixing some peppers can take away some of the individual flavors rather than add.
2) seeds should be left in if you want heat. Most of the heat comes from the placenta.
3) Habaneros are pretty hot (with placenta) if you want hotter, use just the ghost peppers.
4) Did you grow any Carolina Reapers?
5) Try some authentic Scotch Bonnets. Warning: most people selling Scotch Bonnet seeds are really selling Habaneros.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like dehydrating peppers then grinding to create powder... Not only does it heat things up but you can taste a distinct flavor. It's so much better than what you can get at the store. You can use it in places you'd use the sauce too. You just need to be careful to not add too much...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like dehydrating peppers then grinding to create powder... Not only does it heat things up but you can taste a distinct flavor. It's so much better than what you can get at the store. You can use it in places you'd use the sauce too. You just need to be careful to not add too much...
Do you have a dehydrator or do you allow them to naturally dry out. I don't have much of an area where the air is dry so drying to do it by hanging them, could end in rotted peppers.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have a dehydrator or do you allow them to naturally dry out. I don't have much of an area where the air is dry so drying to do it by hanging them, could end in rotted peppers.
I have a dehydrator but you could bake them at the lowest setting your oven offers... Dehydrators are cheap. I make my own dried ginger powder too...

This one is $25 minus a 10% coupon

Last edited:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a dehydrator but you could bake them at the lowest setting your oven offers... Dehydrators are cheap. I make my own dried ginger powder too...

This one is $25 minus a 10% coupon
Just bought it. Cost me nothing, I have returned several items and it's on my rewards so I haven't paid for anything in the last couple of months.
Had to return a mattress that they sent because they sent a double and not queen. Got the new matress and credit for the one I returned. $300 reward.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karras is also the backup center. If the Bengals want him, then get a WR or OT in return. Even if their guy is on the PS but better than Karras. Screw the draft pick. This team needs warm bodies now.
and a seventh round pick is a guy usually not guaranteed to make the team so a guy good enough to be on the team for someone not guaranteed to make the team... This seems more like the trade the Bungles would do in reverse.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and a seventh round pick is a guy usually not guaranteed to make the team so a guy good enough to be on the team for someone not guaranteed to make the team... This seems more like the trade the Bungles would do in reverse.
BINGO!!!!!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karras is also the backup center. If the Bengals want him, then get a WR or OT in return. Even if their guy is on the PS but better than Karras. Screw the draft pick. This team needs warm bodies now.
7th rounders are not very valuable.
Karras is extremely valuable to us, especially right now.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did this even hit my news feed? Maybe we add a new thread for "News by Stupid Persons"? I'm not saying LD is stupid about everything. Maybe it was a joke and the article purposely presented it differently...

No need to click this link and contribute to the click count. He proposes getting rid of the goal posts so teams will try to play football instead of "settling".

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did this even hit my news feed? Maybe we add a new thread for "News by Stupid Persons"? I'm not saying LD is stupid about everything. Maybe it was a joke and the article purposely presented it differently...

No need to click this link and contribute to the click count. He proposes getting rid of the goal posts so teams will try to play football instead of "settling".

I'm glad I read your post before clicking the link...Which seems stupid in itself...but I usually do in order to form my own opinion.
This time , you saved me from REALLY STUPID.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caught a podcast last night that really caught my interest.
"What if" was what they were calling it..

What if Kraft had told BB to find a way to keep TB12 in 2020? Would the Patriots have been better than 7-9?
IF Brady had stayed, how many players would have opted out for Covid? If Brady had stayed, what would the available cap money for 2021 looked like? If Brady had stayed, how different would the Patriots draft have been If TB12 was still with the Patriots, what would the 2021 record be at this point?

It was as interesting as it was fun to listen. This guy believes that had TB12 remained here, the 2020 finish would have been 10-6 and they would hve missed the playoffs. He thinks Thuney would still be here and the free agent signing would have been completely different. He thinks that the Patriots would have drafted a CB and not a QB. He said that the patriots would be 5-1 right now because there would be a completely different crew of WRs and team has always rallied around Brady because he always delivered.

I just wished that a guy like this could have a podcast in this forum. I think that there enough guys here to challenge him and support him. Great thing about podcasts is that you don't have to take questions or give opposing time.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What if Kraft had told BB to find a way to keep TB12 in 2020? Would the Patriots have been better than 7-9?
IF Brady had stayed, how many players would have opted out for Covid? If Brady had stayed, what would the available cap money for 2021 looked like? If Brady had stayed, how different would the Patriots draft have been If TB12 was still with the Patriots, what would the 2021 record be at this point?

It was as interesting as it was fun to listen. This guy believes that had TB12 remained here, the 2020 finish would have been 10-6 and they would hve missed the playoffs. He thinks Thuney would still be here and the free agent signing would have been completely different. He thinks that the Patriots would have drafted a CB and not a QB. He said that the patriots would be 5-1 right now because there would be a completely different crew of WRs and team has always rallied around Brady because he always delivered.

I just wished that a guy like this could have a podcast in this forum. I think that there enough guys here to challenge him and support him. Great thing about podcasts is that you don't have to take questions or give opposing time.
If Brady had stayed we would be facing the same problems, but some might be masked for a few years.

1. Brady may have two or three years left but he certainly would not have 20 or 12 or 8 or probably not 5
  2. Brady didn't want Carapollo on this team, would he have embraced Mac?
  3. Would they have had an opportunity to even draft Mac without Cam giving games away in 2012?

Like it or not, this team's success is now defined by Super Bowls. Do the Pats win one in 2000 with Brady? How about 2021, or 2022? If your answer is no to all of these then why would it matter whether some other guy is on the team?

Last edited:

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brady admitted that he made up his mind after the 2018 season that he was going to leave after the 2019 season. He then signed a two year conditional contract...his conditions....And played another year while freezing out WR's and throwing the ball away. He then left and said it was because (Partially) Bill wouldn't give him weapons he wanted (Gordon, Sanu and AB who Brady wanted, was really excited about and really wanted, evidently did not count).

The better question should have been "What if Bill had the opportunity to keep Brady".