• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine the bullshit for clicks that is going to be written next week for the Pats/Bucs game? Hell, they've already started with shit from Alex whats-his-name as well as Brady's father so the table is already set for a bunch of bullshit as soon as week 4 commences.
I really, really like that Tampa is looking forward to game #4 - now they can lose game #3

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really, really like that Tampa is looking forward to game #4 - now they can lose game #3

I'm actually having a hard time seeing the Bucs losing to anybody on their schedule. It can and likely will happen but I imagine they will be highly favored in every game they play this season and for good reason. And I don't personally think Brady will let anybody overlook the Rams as the Rams look so far to be the 2nd best NFC team(so far).

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady's dad said that the Buc will destroy and embarrass the Patriots. Nothing would be sweeter than to see his face if the Patriots could somehow pull off an upset.

And send Tommy to Brigham Women's

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady's dad said that the Buc will destroy and embarrass the Patriots. Nothing would be sweeter than to see his face if the Patriots could somehow pull off an upset.

That would be pretty damned sweet and if anybody could pull it off it's BB and crew but I'm having a hard time seeing it. More than likely we're going to have to see Gronk's and Tom's smirking faces and then read/listen to Tom Sr. and Alex the snake oil salesman smear Bill in the media.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And send Tommy to Brigham Women's

That would be pretty damned sweet and if anybody could pull it off it's BB and crew but I'm having a hard time seeing it. More than likely we're going to have to see Gronk's and Tom's smirking faces and then read/listen to Tom Sr. and Alex the snake oil salesman smear Bill in the media.
Are these in Stupid news because the team is onto New Orleans?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some things you can never get away from........

In 2011 Jon Gruden worked for ESPN.

Damaurice Smith was Executive Director of the NFLPA.

Fast forward to 2021 and The NFLPA Executive Committee is about to fire Damaurice Smith. But wait a minute, someone found an email written by Gruden in 2011 that stated that Smith had lips the size of Michelin tires. That means Jon Gruden is a racist and Smith's termination must be put on hold until they can milk every ounce of this up to the minute story.

I don't know about you, but bringing up a remark made ten years ago just seems to be an attempt to stir a pot. Now thirty seven thousand people are writing about how prevalent racism is in today's sports. Really?? What does an email written 10 years ago about someone connect to an overall condition in todays world?

How about we get some politics into sports and make all the superstars with their super salaries give the league have nots a chunk of their salary and make their lives better. I think Mahomes should give Braxton Berrios 2% of his salary and Lebron should give 2% of his to Payton Pritchard. Let's follow the Left's new share the wealth.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fast forward to 2021 and The NFLPA Executive Committee is about to fire Damaurice Smith. But wait a minute, someone found an email written by Gruden in 2011 that stated that Smith had lips the size of Michelin tires. That means Jon Gruden is a racist and Smith's termination must be put on hold until they can milk every ounce of this up to the minute story.

I don't know about you, but bringing up a remark made ten years ago just seems to be an attempt to stir a pot. Now thirty seven thousand people are writing about how prevalent racism is in today's sports. Really?? What does an email written 10 years ago about someone connect to an overall condition in todays world?

How about we get some politics into sports and make all the superstars with their super salaries give the league have nots a chunk of their salary and make their lives better. I think Mahomes should give Braxton Berrios 2% of his salary and Lebron should give 2% of his to Payton Pritchard. Let's follow the Left's new share the wealth.
How about you keep the pure politics out of it and stick the NFL related part of the topic.

If Gruden used a similar derogatory phrase mocking a characteristic of any race then it's equally relevant and improper as the one he chose. What's the relevance of his lips as an insult? There's only one point: to establish they are different and implies the one with the "tire lips" is worth less.

At best it was an insensitive remark thrown out in anger and not fully reflective of his thoughts about individual persons. AT BEST.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about you keep the pure politics out of it and stick the NFL related part of the topic.
Because the politics and the sports are intertwined. Both men are involved in the NFL. If Gruden worked for National Tire and Battery and Smith worked for Michelin do you think anyone would have dug up a ten year old email???

Because it is the NFL it has political bearings. Move into the 21st Century.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden should not have said what he said. He is a public figure and fair game.

Anyone here NEVER said something he should not have said?

I read about this from Shalize Mansa Young. It is her stock in trade.
I have never read anything from this self righeous "writer" that did not offend me. It is what she sells.

My faith tells me I am a sinner and I fail to do what I know is right.
I try to do the right thing but as I'm human, I often fail.
I am forgiven and as such I try to keep my head up but I know I do not want somebody holding up my failures for public review.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have never read anything from this self righeous "writer" that did not offend me. It is what she sells.

I am forgiven and as such I try to keep my head up but I know I do not want somebody holding up my failures for public review.
Being forgiven by God and Man are two very different things. God has the patience for our asinine behavior man does not.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the politics and the sports are intertwined. Both men are involved in the NFL. If Gruden worked for National Tire and Battery and Smith worked for Michelin do you think anyone would have dug up a ten year old email???

Because it is the NFL it has political bearings. Move into the 21st Century.
None that relates to your comment "Let's follow the Left's new share the wealth.".

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being forgiven by God and Man are two very different things. God has the patience for our asinine behavior man does not.
When my wife told my youngest daughter to apologize to her sister, she said, "I'm sorry"
I sked he what sorry means.
She replied, "I don't know?"

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The issue with using a statement from an email is there's a lack of context that could mitigate the statement.

What if a prior email introduced a mocking tone that can't be inferred in the subsequent email. What if a prior email from Smith accused Gruden of being racist for using the term "rubber lipped" when Gruden did in fact mean liar. Then with the context known to both of them Gruden "mockingly upped the ante" as in "sure, that's what I meant" and used the second reference....

This statement would still be in poor judgement but at least would lessen the overt racist sentiment. I don't have a dog in the fight and don't condone equating an individual to a stereotype of a group or insulting an entire group as a method to insult an individual. It's an email so we don't know the entire context.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue with using a statement from an email is there's a lack of context that could mitigate the statement.

What if a prior email introduced a mocking tone that can't be inferred in the subsequent email. What if a prior email from Smith accused Gruden of being racist for using the term "rubber lipped" when Gruden did in fact mean liar. Then with the context known to both of them Gruden "mockingly upped the ante" as in "sure, that's what I meant" and used the second reference....

This statement would still be in poor judgement but at least would lessen the overt racist sentiment. I don't have a dog in the fight and don't condone equating an individual to a stereotype of a group or insulting an entire group as a method to insult an individual. It's an email so we don't know the entire context.
Correct. He still said whatever he said.
Is it possible the news on his statement had an effect on Raiders players Sunday?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're 100% correct. I'm as guilty as anyone of misreading what a writer intends.

I constantly tell my grandson to speak with people face to face or even by phone. Texts and emails are always taken differently than intended.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way the NFLPA will/can release Smith now. Otherwise they'll be tagged as racist.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone is still salty and dumb as ever. A former HC who is more worried about stats than he is wins. Maybe if he were a game manager as an HC, he may have been able to muster at least a career .500 record. How the hell did he ever get an HC gig? This clown went 4-12 against NE. No wonder he was/is still so angry. Is it obvious I would never have this guy as my HC? Hell I wouldn't even let him in the building.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden resigns as head coach of the Raiders.

A career completely washed away.

He was on CNN defending himself. Hey Jon, too late, you cooked your own goose. Written words never disappear.