• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there is a video floating around comparing Mac Jones to Tom Brady on a throw. And to be fair they look identical in posture, mechanics, accuracy etc. But I think it's so unfair to compare a rookie QB, any rookie QB to Brady. Set the ceiling kind of high IMO.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there is a video floating around comparing Mac Jones to Tom Brady on a throw. And to be fair they look identical in posture, mechanics, accuracy etc. But I think it's so unfair to compare a rookie QB, any rookie QB to Brady. Set the ceiling kind of high IMO.

Obviously, any comparison of any QB to Brady is ridiculous BUT I still contend that the Patriots were a major reason why Brady developed into the QB that he did and perhaps they will have some significant success with Jones too.

Don't get me wrong, Brady is in a league all his own but I believe Mac has the potential to develop into a Brady type player and can bring us a few Super Bowls in his career.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, any comparison of any QB to Brady is ridiculous BUT I still contend that the Patriots were a major reason why Brady developed into the QB that he did and perhaps they will have some significant success with Jones too.

Don't get me wrong, Brady is in a league all his own but I believe Mac has the potential to develop into a Brady type player and can bring us a few Super Bowls in his career.
I think what separated Brady from the universe was personal drive. his ability to study study and never stop learning, coupled with his constantly improving some facet of his game. I contend the Pats got shit lucky when they drafted Brady and he made this organization into the beast it is. I do see a lot of the same traits in Jones.

And I am not dismissing the organization helped Brady but I am more than comfortable saying without Brady there are not six Lombardi's at Gillette Stadium.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what separated Brady from the universe was personal drive. his ability to study study and never stop learning, coupled with his constantly improving some facet of his game. I contend the Pats got shit lucky when they drafted Brady and he made this organization into the beast it is. I do see a lot of the same traits in Jones.

And I am not dismissing the organization helped Brady but I am more than comfortable saying without Brady there are not six Lombardi's at Gillette Stadium.

Agreed 100%

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could care less about either player. There job is too get clicks.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only rebuttal I have is week1 of 2002 when Brady showed his quick release and field general ways while demolishing Pittsburgh. To me it means he brought most of what he became with him to the Pats...But no question the Pats harnessed every drop of that potential.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only rebuttal I have is week1 of 2002 when Brady showed his quick release and field general ways while demolishing Pittsburgh. To me it means he brought most of what he became with him to the Pats...But no question the Pats harnessed every drop of that potential.
My mind says week 1 of 2002 was a 31-0 beat down by Buffalo...am I off a year?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mind says week 1 of 2002 was a 31-0 beat down by Buffalo...am I off a year?

You're off by a season and the bookend of the season. Buffalo beat NE 31 - 0 game one of the 2003 season with Drew Bledsoe at QB. That was the Lawyer Milloy "the players aren't proud to be Patriots" game where Lawyer had an epic game against NE and then shit talked NE after the game. Fast forward to the last game of the season and NE returned the favor by beating Buffalo 31 - 0 and going on to win their second Super Bowl.

I remember that 31 - 0 beatdown and the poetic justice of shutting Milloy's mouth the fuck up.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had cocaine charges conditionally dismissed in January that required him to stay out of trouble.
They could now be reinstated.
Very unlikely. To use that case in court, they would have to go back and try him and find him guilty. His attorney can just deny the other case unless the prosecutor wants to backtrack. The other case was no slamdunk either.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wounder if Houston is still interested in Stidham???

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very unlikely. To use that case in court, they would have to go back and try him and find him guilty. His attorney can just deny the other case unless the prosecutor wants to backtrack. The other case was no slamdunk either.
Not saying they will, just saying they could.
From Patswire

Chung previously faced charges of cocaine possession, but those charges were conditionally dismissed in January 2020. The conditions of the dismissal included that he not commit any other felony or misdemeanor crimes. If he did, New Hampshire could reinstate the charges and prosecute him.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Shanahan got backed into a corner yesterday during his weekly press conference.

He was asked if he would make the trade of JG to NE if he knew what he knows today. Shanahan got pissed and said that there was never an offer of a 2nd round pick for JG by NE. Trey Lance is out with knee and JG hasn't been worth spit. But no one asked who mentioned a 2nd round pick? GM John Lynch might be able to hold on to his job, but it appears the Lynch is not throw a life preserver out to Shanahan. 49ers have reportedly been looking for trade partners for several of their starters but no one is interested.

The JG door is closed in NE according to Mike Reiss. Mac, Hoyer and Stidham are the now and future.

The Pats have been bringing in players every day. Guys coming through are primarily OL, WR and DB with one RB. So far, nothing has happened this week. October has been a busy month.

October

DATETRANSACTION
October 22, 2021Signed CB Brian Poole and DeVante Bausby to the practice squad. Signed LB Calvin Munson from Miami to the active roster from the practice squad. Signed G James Ferentz to the practice squad.
October 21, 2021Placed LB Harvey Langi on injured reserve. Released DB Elijah Benton from the practice squad.
October 18, 2021Promoted DL Daniel Ekuale and OL James Ferentz to the active roster from the practice squad. Placed DB Jonathan Jones on injured reserve.
October 14, 2021Signed DB Myles Bryant. Placed DL Chase Winovich on injured reserve. Signed K Riley Patterson to the practice squad.
October 11, 2021Activated LT Isaiah Wynn from the COVID-19 list. Promoted C/G James Ferentz to the active roster from the practice squad.
October 9, 2021Activated G Michael Onwenu from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
October 8, 2021Signed DB Sean Davis to the practice squad. Promoted LB Jahlani Tavai from the practice squad to the active roster.
October 4, 2021Promoted DB Myles Bryant, OL James Ferentz, OL Alex Redmond and OL Will Sherman to the active roster from the practice squad. Placed OL Trent Brown on injured reserve.
October 1, 2021Placed OL Henry Anderson on injured reserve. Signed LB Jamie Collins. Signed DB Elijah Benton to the practice squad.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick made Brady better and Brady made BB better. No denying that it was the perfect combination at the perfect time.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick made Brady better and Brady made BB better. No denying that it was the perfect combination at the perfect time.
and BB knew what mattered most in a QB (coachable) and that's exactly why he chose Brady over Bledsoe and that was Brady's rocket fuel. Without BB Brady may never have seen a field.