• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stop the madness

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it all boils down to how serious you think grandma and her granddaughters are about winning.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the NFL -- I don't really worry too much about a GM saying they are going to be a buyer at the trade deadline. Mayhew is viewed as one of the most aggressive GM's and has a grand total of three trades during this time period over 7 years and only one worth even noting is trading away Roy Williams.

NFL trade deadline is boring. It isn't like baseball where you see everyone and their brother selling off pieces and teams trading away prospects for MLB ready talent. You don't have minor league teams in the NFL, you have a salary cap in the NFL and you have to trade talent for talent, unless you settle for a draft pick.

So I wouldn't expect to see anything major unless we trade away Calvin.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew said:
"We're trying to win some football games," Mayhew said. "We need some quality players to help us win football games."

@RobBase
Hahaha.... you missed a chime-in on an Ex Lions Player. Oh, never mind, it's all Kool-Aid to keep the fans hooked.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the audio this morning early as hell.

Pretty sure I heard him say Stafford has HOF potential.

Glad that TPaul landed on his feet as a Mayhew Speech writer.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the NFL -- I don't really worry too much about a GM saying they are going to be a buyer at the trade deadline. Mayhew is viewed as one of the most aggressive GM's and has a grand total of three trades during this time period over 7 years and only one worth even noting is trading away Roy Williams.

NFL trade deadline is boring. It isn't like baseball where you see everyone and their brother selling off pieces and teams trading away prospects for MLB ready talent. You don't have minor league teams in the NFL, you have a salary cap in the NFL and you have to trade talent for talent, unless you settle for a draft pick.

So I wouldn't expect to see anything major unless we trade away Calvin.

Apparently the Lions have said they aren't getting rid of Calvin or Stafford. More and more it looks like Mayhew is returning next year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the audio this morning early as hell.

Pretty sure I heard him say Stafford has HOF potential.

Glad that TPaul landed on his feet as a Mayhew Speech writer.

I heard that too. Took all my might not to start another poll.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Lions have said they aren't getting rid of Calvin or Stafford. More and more it looks like Mayhew is returning next year.

I don't get upset to much with sports. Please stop trying to see what it takes to upset me.

Many of us have already said 31 other franchises fire them, but not ours. Then some others feel the boat should not be rocked. They're right also, cause you can't rock a boat that's already sank.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get upset to much with sports. Please stop trying to see what it takes to upset me.

Many of us have already said 31 other franchises fire them, but not ours. Then some others feel the boat should not be rocked. They're right also, cause you can't rock a boat that's already sank.

I mean, why else make these comments? Lombardi was the fall guy, Mayhew and Caldwell will get one more year thanks to last year. Stafford will be our QB, Calvin will be overpaid more than Suh could ever dream of being, and we will suck again.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing MM should be buying is some tickets..... Out of town