• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sterling appeal DENIED

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you and turnup. I think he's going to try to do something. He's a crazy old man with a ton of money. Only question is whether he runs out of money before he runs out of crazy.

He'd probably have to run out of heartbeats to prevent him from either of the above.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't you want to know the supposed details of the possible case before making judgment?

Have you ever been involved in dealing with the legal system?

All the details were in the media and court documents.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally irrelevant what Sterling does not - ownership has been transferred to Balmer and Sterling is never getting that company back. Here is the thing though for the Sterling Apologists in here:

Owning and operating a business is not a constitutional right and there is nothing in the United States Constitution that provides any rights for business owners. All commercial enterprises is regulated by state and federal governments and any person in business for himself has to obtain a permit, fictitious business name, federal id #'s and a host of other legal documents to continue operating. In the case of franchises operating under a corporate name, those rights are governed by the charter or corporate bi-laws and contracts between the franchise owner and the corporate owners. In the case of the NBA, the federal government has given them tremendous power to direct and control who remains a member. By now it should be obvious even to the dumbest in here that Sterling's lawsuits are meaningless. That is not to say, however that the NBA shouldn't be greatful to Shelly Sterling for doing the their dirty work and speeding up the process for them. Shelly, however already knew that if it went that far, the NBA wouldn't be ripping someone off for 2.1 billion dollars and giving her an absurd amount of money 12 times more than the Clippers was worth.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's over for Sterling even though he will try more lawsuits for awhile, but eventually even the courts are going to get tired of him and tell to go away permanently. What most people don't realize is that it is not a constitutional right to own and operate a business. It is a privilege granted by state and/or local governments. When conducting a business, yes you acquire assets, but violate the law or the contracts related to the business and you will very quickly have those assets seized. That includes leases on businesses, franchise agreements and others. Donald Sterling was a very lucky man - I have seen more than a few lose everything they had and get nothing in return - absolutely nothing

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I hope Sterling does something and gets the courts to overturn the sale.

Ballmer does not need to buy the Clippers.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I hope Sterling does something and gets the courts to overturn the sale.

Ballmer does not need to buy the Clippers.

I'm very happy those hopes have fallen on deaf ears.

It's done.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very happy those hopes have fallen on deaf ears.

It's done.

Well I still have my fingers crossed he can find some loophole so Seattle can have Ballmer back.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I still have my fingers crossed he can find some loophole so Seattle can have Ballmer back.

No worries. He's gonna move the Clips to Seattle and re-take the Sonics name just so Shelly can't be the "#1 Clippers Fan" and "Owner Emeritus" anymore.

<Looks around for Mecca> :bolt:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries. He's gonna move the Clips to Seattle and re-take the Sonics name just so Shelly can't be the "#1 Clippers Fan" and "Owner Emeritus" anymore.

<Looks around for Mecca> :bolt:

:rant:

You love to hurt me:bawling:.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Sterling is never getting the Clippers back - it is finished.
2. Balmer is never taking the Clippers to Seattle