• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers sign.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A really, really old, washed up geriatric case who won't retire - Harrison

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A really, really old, washed up geriatric case who won't retire - Harrison
Tell us how you really feel Southie:-) I don't mind it just allows the Pats another opportunity to abuse him.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polamalu and Harrison - grumpy old men.....

is

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth, familiar with team, some experience in an otherwise fairly weak LBer core at the moment.

B signing. Not bad. I'd give a C for most other teams but the Steelers are VERY weak at the position and didn't overpay. Granted Harrison is 37, but stability at OLB is desperately needed for the Steelers.

Harrison wont offer much in the pass rush department, but 3-4 OLBs need to be able to read QBs and play pass coverage, which is one of the big weaknesses of most college DE/OLB converts. This gives the Steelers something in that department. While it doesn't fix a pass rush, it certainly helps on pass coverage and veteran on field leadership.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be glad when free agency is over. I'm more excited about the draft.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be glad when free agency is over. I'm more excited about the draft.

I think we all are sir. I haven't seen such a defensive focused draft like this in a long time. The QBs are going early because.... they're QBs... but outside of 'head case' Winston and 'one and run bust' Mariota, there's not much offensively outside of Amari Cooper. If I'm Tampa I gotta take Winston because his mechanics are as good as any draft pick (just attitude) but outside of that if I'm drafting top 10 I'm going D 100% unless Cooper falls and is a need. Not buying on Kevin White. White has all the physical tools, but Cooper is the more accomplished route runner and that is what the WR position is ALL about.

Reactions: GNG

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all are sir. I haven't seen such a defensive focused draft like this in a long time. The QBs are going early because.... they're QBs... but outside of 'head case' Winston and 'one and run bust' Mariota, there's not much offensively outside of Amari Cooper. If I'm Tampa I gotta take Winston because his mechanics are as good as any draft pick (just attitude) but outside of that if I'm drafting top 10 I'm going D 100% unless Cooper falls and is a need. Not buying on Kevin White. White has all the physical tools, but Cooper is the more accomplished route runner and that is what the WR position is ALL about.
I think you sell white a bit short here. He may not be AS "polished" as cooper with regards to running routes but its not like he's some newb who's never heard the term "route tree" before

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you sell white a bit short here. He may not be AS "polished" as cooper with regards to running routes but its not like he's some newb who's never heard the term "route tree" before

All I mean is taking White #4 overall or before Cooper, that's what I'm not buying. I still think he's an early day 1 draft pick, just not as early as some are projecting. Cooper has been firmly planted ahead of White up until the combine... and a 4.35 40 time all of the sudden gets teams talking.

I'll still take the more polished player and one that ran better shuttle times/cone times. Cone drill/Shuttle is so important for receivers because it allows them to get open with the quickness/cut ability where so few receivers over the years can use pure speed to burn people over the top. Even when you do get one of those players, they're so often so one dimensional.

I like White and think he'll succeed, just don't get all the top 5 pick discussion. But top 5, top 15... tomato, tomotto.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I mean is taking White #4 overall or before Cooper, that's what I'm not buying. I still think he's an early day 1 draft pick, just not as early as some are projecting. Cooper has been firmly planted ahead of White up until the combine... and a 4.35 40 time all of the sudden gets teams talking.

I'll still take the more polished player and one that ran better shuttle times/cone times. Cone drill/Shuttle is so important for receivers because it allows them to get open with the quickness/cut ability where so few receivers over the years can use pure speed to burn people over the top. Even when you do get one of those players, they're so often so one dimensional.

I like White and think he'll succeed, just don't get all the top 5 pick discussion. But top 5, top 15... tomato, tomotto.

ah fair enough, I re-read your original thoughts and perhaps I mis-interpreted.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's familiar with the team but the Steelers probably could have used the money on someone younger.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's familiar with the team but the Steelers probably could have used the money on someone younger.
I'm "
familiar with the team" - think I get a contract?
Half the fans in Pittsburgh are familiar. They could probably get someone familiar for a beer and a terrible towel?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckin New England Panty waist fans all "Jelly" cause we signed and Icon and all they got is Bitch Boy Brady and his Pimp Belicheat!!!!

:lol: