• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade! Steelers Send Melvin Ingram to KC For 6th Rd Pick

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO the Chiefs win this trade. Easily.

Ingram asked for trade 2 weeks ago. Steelers fielded offers but decided to hold onto him. Ingram proceeds to quit on the team claiming a bogus "groin injury" that had him sit out last week against Cleveland. Now the Steelers accomodate him by sending him to KC.

Getting something instead of nothing is good, but a clear steal for KC. Now the Steelers' OLB depth is in shambles. Tomlin always says "we want volunteers, not hostages". At least they don't have to deal with the drama any longer. It was strange that the rotation they had going with Ingram & Highsmith had stopped in recent weeks, in favor of Highsmith... That rotation was working very well. And Ingram was even seeing the field in 3-OLB sets (OLB inside at ILB). That diminished role pissed him off.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO the Chiefs win this trade. Easily.

Ingram asked for trade 2 weeks ago. Steelers fielded offers but decided to hold onto him. Ingram proceeds to quit on the team claiming a bogus "groin injury" that had him sit out last week against Cleveland. Now the Steelers accomodate him by sending him to KC.

Getting something instead of nothing is good, but a clear steal for KC. Now the Steelers' OLB depth is in shambles. Tomlin always says "we want volunteers, not hostages". At least they don't have to deal with the drama any longer
A clear case of addition by subtraction. Yes, the depth hurts, but he would never have been playing at his all so....yeah, better to get anything than just end up cutting him.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy move to see from a mile away. Mildly confusing KC couldn't get him in the building the first time despite a wide open position for him. Chris Jones has been good but not an all-pro at DE. Kicking him inside removes a black hole, adds an all-pro, and adds a semi-competent EDGE rotation opposite Clark.

Clark has showed signs of life the past two weeks I guess so we'll see what happens there. Apparently had the highest graded game of his career last night. But the DL has been about 75% of the problem with the defense. Another 15% is Sorensen. The rest is mostly just low position value crap that shouldn't matter unless you think the defense ought to be elite (lol)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A clear case of addition by subtraction. Yes, the depth hurts, but he would never have been playing at his all so....yeah, better to get anything than just end up cutting him.
They had a great rotation going to start the year, keeping everyone fresh, and their pass rush was dominating. They strangely deviated away from it since week 4 or 5. Clearly that pissed off Ingram and he forced his way out.

They'll be just fine with Highsmith, but if an injury happens then they're in serious trouble. Taco Charlton & Derrek Tuszka.. oh my

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy move to see from a mile away. Mildly confusing KC couldn't get him in the building the first time despite a wide open position for him. Chris Jones has been good but not an all-pro at DE. Kicking him inside removes a black hole, adds an all-pro, and adds a semi-competent EDGE rotation opposite Clark.

Clark has showed signs of life the past two weeks I guess so we'll see what happens there. Apparently had the highest graded game of his career last night. But the DL has been about 75% of the problem with the defense. Another 15% is Sorensen. The rest is mostly just low position value crap that shouldn't matter unless you think the defense ought to be elite (lol)
Yep, KC shores up their front and improves the defense overall. Easy move for them to make.

I had hoped the Steelers could get more for the trade, and I'm sure there are a handful of teams that would have gladly given more to acquire Ingram. KC lucks out that no other comparable offers were made. Steelers were reportedly not wanting to give him up to an AFC team, no less a future opponent.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go, Gamecock!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even know the Steelers had Ingram, if I'm being honest

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chiefs acquired LB Melvin Ingram from the Steelers in exchange for a 2022 sixth-round draft pick.​

Ingram, 32, has seen a reduction in playing time as the 2021 season has worn on, struggling with a groin injury through parts of the year. He was clearly unhappy in Pittsburgh and will join a Chiefs defense that has pressured the passer at a 23 percent clip this season, the 12th lowest in the NFL. Ingram will likely join Frank Clark as Kansas City's primary EDGE rushers for the rest of the year. Ingram has 11 quarterback hurries and one sack through eight weeks.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this as a trade for Melvin Gordon and I was like halfway through a thought before re-reading.

I've always been a Melvin Ingram fan. I know the Chiefs got Suggs halfway through their SB run and that worked out. This feels similar although Ingram has a larger upside. Chiefs pass rush is one of the worst in the NFL so this is an easy move to make.

This does feel a bit late in the game for this but the Chiefs really were trying to get Chris Jones to play EDGE. Lets chalk that up to a whoopsie and once Jones gets healthy then playing next to Ingram seems like a good idea.

One wonders if we really need another defensive player with a chip on his shoulder but I think its definitely worth kicking the tires for a 6th rounder.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FDNJKQRXMAEmr2Q

@Superbelt @thedddd @wings-pens2166 @SteelersPride

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash