• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers @ Broncos

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this is a good place to bring this up instead of starting another thread.

I think the NFL needs to look over some of rules and they way the call them after the season. Detroit got screwed over on the Brees fumble. That ball was a recovery for a TD but because an official blew it dead the Lions don't get credit for advancing the ball. It really sucks for them that because an official made the wrong call (a call that didn't even happen since they ruled it a fumble) they lost 6-7 points. That game should have been 21-7 Detroit.

Then today the Steelers clearly throw a lateral that is dropped and recovered by the Broncos but you can't challenge it? Why? It was a clearly a backward pass, drop, and recovery by Denver. The ruling was because the whistle blew for an incomplete pass it was a dead ball, but on replay you don't hear a whistle until Denver is pouncing on the ball.

The NFL needs some type of continuation call on these plays. What's wrong with saying Detroit recovered the fumble and had a clear path to the endzone there for it's a TD? The NBA has a similar rule with the fouling a player with a clear path to the basket. They don't award the points but they do put the guy at the foul line, so if you want advance the ball to the 5 yard line or even put it at the 20 in that situation.

On the Broncos fumble recovery I would think that was an easy call to make. You don't even have to anticipate what would happen.

The whistle was wrong no doubt, NFL admitted as much. But some players may have not stopped if the whistle wasn't blown. The absurdity is that N.O. should have the ball if the whistle was wrong and if the call in the game was right, Detroit has the ball.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fear, this is going to be a long day for the Broncos

Your fears came true, except that the day was short, and the night was long. Partying like it's 1999. Denver must be going crazy tonight, because tomorrow it's New England.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre lying to yourself if you say this isnt an upset and just going off the "playoff seeding." The Steelers were favored by 8 or 9 pts, 12-4 record, only a tie breaker away from the #2 seed, and lot of Superbowl experience.

They were going against a Bronco team that limped into the playoffs with an 8-8 record, lost their last 3 games and looked like shit. There's a reason almost 90% of the people out there were picking the Steelers to win.

And how was Denver supposed to score points? They put up 17 total points in the last two games of the season.

Denver was healthy and has shown since Tebow came in as the QB they can hit the big plays. It's really a matter if Tebow avoids turnovers or not for them and today he did.

Now if they beat New England on the road that will be a huge upset. I see that game being the blowout.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver @ 8-8 winning with Tebow vs Pitt is still a big upset.... Tebow had a good game, 316 yards passing.... no INTs(iirc)....

big congrats to Denver... the team won but Tebow should be mentioned as a big part of it while one likes it or not.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when i seen both safeties making a play behind the line of scrimmage i knew it might be a long day for the steelers corners. i think the steelers gave this one away by not respecting the broncos offense.

hubris bit them in the ass

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a lesson to be learned from this game, with the new OT rules in the playoffs, the most important thing to guard for on the 1st play is the big pass.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You have to give it up to Tebow in this one. When I watched him play against the Raiders earlier this year he really surprised me. He couldn't pass at all in that game but was the primary reason for the victory with his legs (and threat of his legs).

He somehow poses a threat running an option against pro defenses. He should not have been able to have any success against Pitts. He's inconsistent as hell, but proved you can't beat him by just stacking the box. He will run around and make some big plays. They may be ugly but he can hit them. Right now he gets looks that no other QB's are getting. We'll see what the Pats have in store for him though.

Thought one of the most important plays of this game was the long Pitts pass that got justifiably reversed. Big momentum killer for them. Still can't believe Denver pulled it off!

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos vs. Steelers game was the highest rated NFL Wildcard game in 24 years. Tebow is making some suits some serious cash!