• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers Acquire Justin Gilbert from the Browns

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams say these things all the time. If an offer comes along that they like they will trade him. The Browns though have been one of the toughest teams to negotiate with from what I understand as they usually have ridiculous demands.

Are the requesting a trade for a Lombardi Trophy since they are not able to win one? :D

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the requesting a trade for a Lombardi Trophy since they are not able to win one? :D

I think they would settle for a winning season at this point. Or even an average QB.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams say these things all the time. If an offer comes along that they like they will trade him. The Browns though have been one of the toughest teams to negotiate with from what I understand as they usually have ridiculous demands.

NBC was reporting last night they want a second rounder for him, ( which in trade value is pretty dead on)
problem is the salary cap that it would cost that team that traded for him this time of year....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBC was reporting last night they want a second rounder for him, ( which in trade value is pretty dead on)
problem is the salary cap that it would cost that team that traded for him this time of year....

Actually cap hit wise he isn't as bad as some think. He would be a cap hit of $4.7 million for the rest of the year. As for the trade maybe it is a 2nd. I have a hard time thinking they have dropped that much though in trade value considering last year they wanted 2 1st round picks.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They need to have a workable LT (or newly drafted LT) in place to move him. Maybe during next year's draft?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to have a workable LT (or newly drafted LT) in place to move him. Maybe during next year's draft?

Well with the Browns in full rebuild mode though I could see them being willing to shop Thomas at some point. He is getting older yet still has good value right now. QB wise I'm guessing they don't think they have the QB of the future on the roster yet so not as imperative to continue to protect whoever they stick behind Center. Maybe they wait though and just see what happens during the off season and still see if somebody wants to trade for him. He has a decently cheap contract for the production and a very team friendly deal in that nothing left on the deal is guaranteed so a team could cut him at any time with no dead money.

Again though during the season if a team comes with a 1st and 3rd round pick I would bet they jump on that.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... that was short-lived... Not sure why they trade for him and give him zero chance to prove himself. He was only going to cost the Steelers 970k base (1.2mil bonus) in 2017. That's chump change for a potential starter.

Steelers release Justin Gilbert

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... that was short-lived... Not sure why they trade for him and give him zero chance to prove himself. He was only going to cost the Steelers 970k base (1.2mil bonus) in 2017. That's chump change for a potential starter.

Steelers release Justin Gilbert
Joe Thomas called him out saying he doesn't really love the game.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Thomas called him saying he doesn't really love the game.
I thought completely different after watching and listening to all his interviews last September. He sounded like he was just wanting out of Cleveland really badly.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought completely different after watching and listening to all his interviews last September. He sounded like he was just wanting out of Cleveland really badly.
He's onto NE:D

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be willing to bet that Baltimore scoops him up and he becomes an instant impact player...
Yep because BB and co are 5 weeks behind. Damn those SBs.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of people are good at rhetorical defenses. I see it all the time on the hoop no matter how goofy/homery the claim can be. (Not to say I'm immune to that)

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yurp- can't really polish a turd that just doesn't get it. Kei'Varae Russell just this year got cut as well- sometimes you blow a pick and/or roster spot. Spade is a spade.

And its the Browns so until they prove other wise we will assume they will be taking big steamy dumps

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of people are good at rhetorical defenses. I see it all the time on the hoop no matter how goofy/homery the claim can be. (Not to say I'm immune to that)
Guess it was just wishful thinking on my part that a team with a good support system & championship atmosphere would be enough to motivate him to turn his career around.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess it was just wishful thinking on my part that a team with a good support system & championship atmosphere would be enough to motivate him to turn his career around.
Yeah, it just sucks to deal with a player like Gilbert. Was pretty clearly talented from his days in college but when it comes down to it no amount of coaching can fix a player who won't help himself.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it just sucks to deal with a player like Gilbert. Was pretty clearly talented from his days in college but when it comes down to it no amount of coaching can fix a player who won't help himself.
Well in just 3 years in the NFL he made just over $6mil in base salary & roster bonuses combined... Wonder if he is or was smart enough to invest it? My guess is he didn't. The guy refers to himself as "Showtime" for gods sake.