• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars General Discussion Thread

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts:

-I don't blame Lucas at all for cashing out. That's some serious cash

-Just because its Disney doesn't mean it will suck. As stated earlier, Avengers was badass.

-Lucas in a minimal role could be great. Have you seen his work since the prequels (and Indy)? It's largely garbage. He's lost his touch (though some would argue he never had it).

-Not sure how I feel about 7,8,9. I assume its the storyarc post RotJ that the books took up? I never read them but picked up most of the story from fans on the net, etc. Also, are the new movies live action or animated like that Cartoon Network show?

The Thrawn Trilogy is a worthy succession of the franchise, but I'd rather see Bane but its probably too dark for Disney.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Disney already had some partnership with Lucas. Since at MGM in Orlando they have an entire Star Wars section of their park.

But foremost. HOW IN THE HELL OR WHY IN THE HELL WOULD GEORGE LUCAS SELL HIS MOST PRECIOUS FRANCHISE!?!?!??!?!?!? is the dude losing it mentally?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know someone who works for Disney..........He gets the in on things..

1. Disney bought all of Lucas, they also own Indiana Jones.

2. ....2 is...are you ready for this....it has to do with an upcoming movie....

fuck I Dont think the board is ready for this news.

Rusty Kuntz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever they put out can't be any more horrific than those turrible prequels. Plus, like someone said, the possibility of Joss Whedon directing the next Star Wars movies is pretty awesome.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avengers sucked...

That is all

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avengers sucked...

That is all

I think you're thinking of the wrong Avengers...

avengers-300x280.jpg

gradam01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know someone who works for Disney..........He gets the in on things..

1. Disney bought all of Lucas, they also own Indiana Jones.

2. ....2 is...are you ready for this....it has to do with an upcoming movie....

fuck I Dont think the board is ready for this news.

What. Don't leave us hanging.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jar Jar graduated from Oregon. True story.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Lucas was pissed that Universal did a Harry Potter Land and that no one was wanting a Star Wars land, also was pissed that James Cameron got his avatar theme land at Disney and still no Star Wars land. So now Lucas wants a Star Wars land at Disney and now being apart of Disney this will allow that.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for 3D'ised version of EP1!

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thrawn Trilogy is a worthy succession of the franchise, but I'd rather see Bane but its probably too dark for Disney.

Thrawn Trilogy or Legacy War

But neither will probably be made

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fear Disney will make it worse...... I don't have faith in them.

I mean, Star Wars was more adultish back in the day.....

fuck.... hope I'm wrong.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Disney?

meh.jpg

With Disney?
mad-lolcat-meme-generator-this-is-fucking-awesome-1080be.jpg

It's a virtually unlimited budget from a company that wants to make its money. It's no longer being held hostage by George Lucas which means that they'll make what they want. I saw that MarkOU wants the Bane Trilogy. They can do it. Heir to the Empire?? They can do it. There will be shit that's made in the name of Star Wars but we lived through Episode I, we can do it again.

Well fucking said Herk, thanks for the thoughts. I feel significantly more optimistic.

One thing about the expanded universe... The Skywalker Ranch always made sure that they put out that disclaimer, "Only the movies are truly canon." They can do just about anything.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fucking said Herk, thanks for the thoughts. I feel significantly more optimistic.

One thing about the expanded universe... The Skywalker Ranch always made sure that they put out that disclaimer, "Only the movies are truly canon." They can do just about anything.

What about a theme park. Where to get to it, you need to get on a shuttle and it sends you through hyperspace. NAVA Computer and all.

:pop2:

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Smith's take on the purchase:

WE ARE DISNEY!
ALL YOUR CHILDHOOD ARE BELONG TO US!

Lots of folks asking what I think about the recent announcement that Disney is now the proud owned of the STAR WARS universe. I'm all for it. Can't wait to see all the new movies they're gonna make. The 7 year old Kev who saw STAR WARS during its initial release in 1977 is finally gonna get all 9 STAR WARS movies he was promised back then. I'll be first in line to pay for whatever they do.

The Disney purchase of Lucasfilm is the fulfillment of a wish the Mouse made upon a star a few years back: the wish for little boys.

Sounds dirty but it's just business: the Disney Princess market gave the Mouse all the little girls they could sell an Ariel costume to but Disney couldn't interest boys in their wonderful world beyond the single digit years. Few boys are clamoring to play with a Peter Pan action figure and hooking the audience while their young is an important component of long term brand loyalty. So rather than develop their own boys brand in-house, they started buying "boy" stuff. It started with Marvel and it now continues with the world of STAR WARS.

And so long as Disney's allowed to continue the franchise and make new flicks, they'll make that $4 billion back in less than a decade. They've got eons worth on non-movie material to work from, too: all the books, the games, the comics, etc.

But the most important development to come out of the Disney purchase of Lucasfilm?

We might finally get an official Special Edition BluRay release of the STAR WARS HOLIDAY SPECIAL!!!

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about a theme park. Where to get to it, you need to get on a shuttle and it sends you through hyperspace. NAVA Computer and all.

:pop2:

:shocked: And you get in a shootout with some Tie Fighters.... "Don't get cocky kid!"

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fear Disney will make it worse...... I don't have faith in them.

I mean, Star Wars was more adultish back in the day.....

fuck.... hope I'm wrong.

worse than jar jar binks, a lisping vader shouting yipee, and every bad stereotype space character imaginable?? i think it will be just fine.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just focus on Obi-Wan in Episode 3. McGreggor did some badass acting.