• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars General Discussion Thread

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's awesome is his dedication to education. I didn't realize he was that passionate about it until I read that article. After, I went to K-12 Education & Learning Innovations with Proven Strategies that Work | Edutopia and peeked around for a bit. Next term, early January, I'm going to let some of my classmates know about it. It looks like a good resource for teachers.

Yeah, if I didn't have to go to an awards breakfast for my son, I'd start it right now.

It's nice to see how many big names(wallets) continue to attack our education problems. Gates, Lucas.... That's billions of dollars right there. Just two guys. Well, really each one alone represents billions.

One day. We will talk Jedi philosophy.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Link gave me a database error message, but I went to starwars.com and I assume you're talking about the Lucas interview?

This is where I still have some mixed feelings. I didn't like Hayden Christianson's portrayal of Anakin, but I've never been a huge detractor of The Prequels. My only other beef is the whole Mitichlorians thing, but I just ignore it.

However, it always concerns me when I here the Lucasfilm people talk about "family movies." I think the success of the original trilogy with us when we were youngins had a huge impact on Lucas, and I don't think he handled that well. He thought the Greedo shooting first thing was too raw, but that was important. I remember as a kid not trusting Han after that, and he confirmed my suspicions when he ran away before Yavin.

But THEN. Han redeems himself. He was the original redemption story in Star Wars. And it was Luke's do-gooder courage that got to him, just like it eventually got to Vader.

How can that HURT kids?

But I'm worried that they will shy from anything similarly risque. It doesn't have to be Dark Knight dark, I just want it to be a little more humanistic.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I'm worried that they will shy from anything similarly risque. It doesn't have to be Dark Knight dark, I just want it to be a little more humanistic.

That's my fear/mindset as well. If I'm echoing your words correctly, I don't want disney influence crap lol....

I want a 70s 80s 90s like Star Wars esque movie. Doesn't need to be a Nolan type movie(but sure as hell would be Cool as fuck if he did direct it) but keep it realistic and tasteful, make it into a cult film again and not something corny....

I don't like Disney's name on this at all....

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He thought the Greedo shooting first thing was too raw, but that was important.

You mean "He thought the Han shooting first thing was too raw, but that was important" right?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in. Episode VII will be an "alternate universe" reboot.

leia_and_vader_by_jedi_art_trick-d3cdaz9.jpg

Darth-Yoda-star-wars-4032522-1024-768.jpg

Luke-dark1.jpg

Luke%2BSkywalker%2B2.jpg

Can Leia and Anakin defeat the Dark Lord and the most powerful Jedi in the history of the universe? Or will the galaxy fall once more to the Sith Empire?

Source

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link gave me a database error message, but I went to starwars.com and I assume you're talking about the Lucas interview?

This is where I still have some mixed feelings. I didn't like Hayden Christianson's portrayal of Anakin, but I've never been a huge detractor of The Prequels. My only other beef is the whole Mitichlorians thing, but I just ignore it.

However, it always concerns me when I here the Lucasfilm people talk about "family movies." I think the success of the original trilogy with us when we were youngins had a huge impact on Lucas, and I don't think he handled that well. He thought the Greedo shooting first thing was too raw, but that was important. I remember as a kid not trusting Han after that, and he confirmed my suspicions when he ran away before Yavin.

But THEN. Han redeems himself. He was the original redemption story in Star Wars. And it was Luke's do-gooder courage that got to him, just like it eventually got to Vader.

How can that HURT kids?

It started doing that with me too. It's a star wars blog that I've read in the past. I don't know what's up.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, according to the knew exec, they're already sitting down with a "couple of writers." I wish I knew who.

I hope John Williams has some music in the works, too.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, according to the knew exec, they're already sitting down with a "couple of writers." I wish I knew who.

I hope John Williams has some music in the works, too.

All I know is that they're doing a completely new story which has me excited and pissed.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that they're doing a completely new story which has me excited and pissed.

Indulge me. My cousin and I talked for a while a couple days ago, but otherwise I've not really heard that many opinions. Tell me everything.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indulge me. My cousin and I talked for a while a couple days ago, but otherwise I've not really heard that many opinions. Tell me everything.

:spider:

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excited because it's brand new SW but pissed because there is a bunch of kick ass stuff out there that they could be filming.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excited because it's brand new SW but pissed because there is a bunch of kick ass stuff out there that they could be filming.

Ahh yea. Word. What's your favorite?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you one issue I have with bringing the expanded universe stuff into the movies is consistency with the Jedi. I don't really want to see cortosis, or any fumbled attempt to explain lightsabers. As far as I'm concerned, lightsabers work by pure will of the Force, and the Jedi can only build it because of their connection. Also, they should be the only ones able to effectively wield them, due to the fact that it's really still just a melee weapon in a universe full of turbolasers, proton torpedos, and giant droid controlled battle cruisers.

That and...only a Jedi could actually be faster and more accurate than a targeting computer.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'course, I'd slap my grandmother (SORRY GRAMMA!) to see Boba Fett and his little army going up against the Vong. Or A. Solo on the Myrkr mission. Or hell...."The Ganner."