• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars: The Bad Batch

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star Wars: The Bad Batch: New Animated Series, Spinoff of Clone Wars, to Debut on Disney+ in 2021

star-wars-the-bad-batch-logo.jpg

Star-Wars-The-Clone-Wars-Bad-Batch-Trailer.jpg

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the starwars version of the Netflix movie?

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Disney bought Star Wars from Lucas, the franchise was transformed from a societal treasure to a corporate asset. Star Wars now has no soul.

With the triple-trilogy complete, everything Star Wars is in my rear view mirror; I have absolutely no desire to partake in any more new Disney Star Wars productions.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Disney bought Star Wars from Lucas, the franchise was transformed from a societal treasure to a corporate asset. Star Wars now has no soul.

With the triple-trilogy complete, everything Star Wars is in my rear view mirror; I have absolutely no desire to partake in any more new Disney Star Wars productions.
The Clone Wars, Rebels and The Mandalorian have all been excellent. With Filoni at the helm, Bad Batch will be good TV.

Rogue One was also an incredible movie.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still need to see the final season of Clone Wars. Maybe rewatch the rest of the series to remember where it left off.

I never watched the latest show, “Rebellion”??? And I haven’t watched Mandalorian yet.

I will watch this if it is on my tv. I will not use it as a reason to get another streaming service.

Cutting the cord has become more expensive than cable. Can’t say I am surprised by this...

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clone Wars, Rebels and The Mandalorian have all been excellent. With Filoni at the helm, Bad Batch will be good TV.

Rogue One was also an incredible movie.

I enjoyed the original Clone Wars series that aired on Cartoon Network before Disney's buyout. I enjoyed Rogue One. The rest may be watchable and I'm not discounting that I might enjoy them, but I'm just not interested in seeking them out.

A Star Wars story that might interest me is a "Darth Maul origins" story. Aside from that... ...meh.

...And this is coming from someone who has been "the biggest Star Wars fan I know" all my life...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed the original Clone Wars series that aired on Cartoon Network before Disney's buyout. I enjoyed Rogue One. The rest may be watchable and I'm not discounting that I might enjoy them, but I'm just not interested in seeking them out.

A Star Wars story that might interest me is a "Darth Maul origins" story. Aside from that... ...meh.

...And this is coming from someone who has been "the biggest Star Wars fan I know" all my life...
I don’t know that I want a lot more of Maul’s back story. While I am glad we have what we have, delving further into that doesn’t really do much for me.

I want to see the adventures of Ahsoka, though. A Jedi-trained Force user who turned her back on both the light AND the dark? All before L&L were even born? Yes please...

Heck, have her be the one who “save” Mara Jade from Palpatine and Vader and reintroduces her to the canon-verse. I could see Jade as a padowan of Ahsoka...

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disney's Clone Wars series spends a lot of time on Maul. Eventually.

Ahsoka is my favorite Star Wars character. Give it a shot. Worth.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know that I want a lot more of Maul’s back story. While I am glad we have what we have, delving further into that doesn’t really do much for me.

I want to see the adventures of Ahsoka, though. A Jedi-trained Force user who turned her back on both the light AND the dark? All before L&L were even born? Yes please...

Heck, have her be the one who “save” Mara Jade from Palpatine and Vader and reintroduces her to the canon-verse. I could see Jade as a padowan of Ahsoka...

Disney's Clone Wars series spends a lot of time on Maul. Eventually.

Ahsoka is my favorite Star Wars character. Give it a shot. Worth.

I like the idea of Ahsoka getting a prominent role in a film. I've actually posted ideas about it in a previous thread on this site. I'm not sure how excited I'd be for it though... I'd probably be very cautiously optimistic about it if it happened.

One of the reasons I'm interested in Maul is that movie would have to focus on the dark side and Sith in a saga where the badass bad guy triumphs. We haven't really taken a grand journey through that perspective of the Star Wars universe yet and some of the greatest movies ever made were of antiheroes.

I was unaware of Maul's prominence in the new Clone Wars episodes. The Clone Wars occurred a decade after Obi-Wan sliced Maul in half, so are the episodes relating to "Half" Maul or are they sprinkling "origins" into it or what?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of Ahsoka getting a prominent role in a film. I've actually posted ideas about it in a previous thread on this site. I'm not sure how excited I'd be for it though... I'd probably be very cautiously optimistic about it if it happened.

One of the reasons I'm interested in Maul is that movie would have to focus on the dark side and Sith in a saga where the badass bad guy triumphs. We haven't really taken a grand journey through that perspective of the Star Wars universe yet and some of the greatest movies ever made were of antiheroes.

I was unaware of Maul's prominence in the new Clone Wars episodes. The Clone Wars occurred a decade after Obi-Wan sliced Maul in half, so are the episodes relating to "Half" Maul or are they sprinkling "origins" into it or what?
Well, it happened years ago, but....

spoiler here.

Maul survives, gets robotic spider legs, then a pair of proper legs. They expand on his homeworld and species quite a bit.

He ends up running a criminal syndicate, and gets into some epic tussle with Papa Palpatine. He holds a grudge.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it happened years ago, but....

spoiler here.

Maul survives, gets robotic spider legs, then a pair of proper legs. They expand on his homeworld and species quite a bit.

He ends up running a criminal syndicate, and gets into some epic tussle with Papa Palpatine. He holds a grudge.

I'm pretty sure that Maul stuff in Clone Wars was in the Cartoon Network episodes preceding the Disney takeover. I watched robotic spider legs Maul and some Dathomir stuff. I thought you were referring to something else happening in the newest Disney episodes.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad Batch was ok in that mini-arc they had in the last season of Clone Wars but I have little to no interest in an entire series dedicated to them

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

good for you.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure that Maul stuff in Clone Wars was in the Cartoon Network episodes preceding the Disney takeover. I watched robotic spider legs Maul and some Dathomir stuff. I thought you were referring to something else happening in the newest Disney episodes.
Maybe.

But Spider-Maul was in the CGI series, too.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Mandalorian really good or is it good because we lowered expectations because of how poor Last Jedi was? Rogue One is the best the Disney Star Wars has done. IMO everything else is average to below average at best

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Mandalorian really good or is it good because we lowered expectations because of how poor Last Jedi was? Rogue One is the best the Disney Star Wars has done. IMO everything else is average to below average at best
Rogue One might be my favorite Star Wars movie.

You can enjoy it without feeling like you're missing something if you don't know all the nerdy family trees/connections.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's phenomenal.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rogue One might be my favorite Star Wars movie.

You can enjoy it without feeling like you're missing something if you don't know all the nerdy family trees/connections.

Same, Twinsie.