• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars General Discussion Thread

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i-love-nerds-tshirt.jpg

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are several more pluses for Disney buying LucasArts.

1 - There has been a Star Wars TV show that was meant to bridge the game between Ep III and Ep IV. It is more adult in nature than the Clone Wars cartoon and there are, supposedly, 50 hours of the show already written. But, the cost of each episode was too much for Lucas Arts to handle. Now, money isn't an issue.

2 - They also own the rights to the Indiana Jones franchise. As of now, there aren't plans for it because Paramount distributes the movies. Once they get that figured out, they would be able to reboot it with someone besides the douche from Even Stevens.

3 - Disney also obtained Industrial Light & Magic. This means that they could, and most likely will, use it in making Phase 3 of the Marvel Universe. You can criticize Lucas for a lot but special effects isn't one them.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are several more pluses for Disney buying LucasArts.

1 - There has been a Star Wars TV show that was meant to bridge the game between Ep III and Ep IV. It is more adult in nature than the Clone Wars cartoon and there are, supposedly, 50 hours of the show already written. But, the cost of each episode was too much for Lucas Arts to handle. Now, money isn't an issue.

2 - They also own the rights to the Indiana Jones franchise. As of now, there aren't plans for it because Paramount distributes the movies. Once they get that figured out, they would be able to reboot it with someone besides the douche from Even Stevens.

3 - Disney also obtained Industrial Light & Magic. This means that they could, and most likely will, use it in making Phase 3 of the Marvel Universe. You can criticize Lucas for a lot but special effects isn't one them.

Yea. Lucas knows effects, and just visuals in general. The scene where Yoda and Palpatine rise into the Senate Chambers embroiled in a duel was so perfectly symbolic. I always thought he understood the visual side of movies better than pretty much anyone. Even if you go old school. The Greedo vs Han scene was awesome. You felt like you were right there at the table.

But Greedo shot first, damnit.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They plan on making 3 more Star Wars films, beginning in 2015. :nonod:

dont know if it has been mentioned yet, and i dont care enough to read the whole thread....BUT....the good news is that Lucas will not be writing, nor directing any of them

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tsk tsk Vader, you didn't even win the big game, you can't just take over Disney like that. That's Aaron Rodgers' job.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamil and Fisher knew all about this a year ago. How did they restrain themselves?

Mark Hamill Talks 'Star Wars: Episode VII' & Knew About It Last Year | FirstShowing.net

Hamill sat down with EW this week for a chat and he talked about his reaction last year:

"I thought he was going to talk about either his retirement or the Star Wars TV series that I’ve heard about — which I don’t think we were going to be involved in anyway, because that takes place between the prequels and the ones we were in and, if Luke were in them, he’d be anywhere from a toddler to a teenager so they’d get an age-appropriate actor — or the 3-D releases. So when he said, 'We decided we’re going to do Episodes VII, VIII, and IX,' I was just gobsmacked. 'What? Are you nuts?!'"

And since Hamill is a fan as much as he is a part of the historic Star Wars saga, he can see both the excitement and the apprehension of adding even more chapters to the space opera. Hamill elaborated:

"I can see both sides of it. Because in a way, there was a beginning, a middle, and an end and we all lived happily ever after and that’s the way it should be — and it’s great that people have fond memories, if they do have fond memories. But on the other hand, there’s this ravenous desire on the part of the true believers to have more and more and more material. It’s one of those things: people either just don’t care for it or are passionate about it. I guess that defines what cult movies are all about. We’ll see. I’m anxious to know what’s going on, but the main story [yesterday] was the sale to Disney. I have mixed feelings about that, but they haven’t done badly by Marvel and the Muppets and Pixar. It’s one of those big decisions that at first seems unusual but then the more you look at it, the more it makes sense."

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those that don't venture over to the Hockey Board, I thought I would post my 'shops concerning this topic.

Enjoy:

Hglzk.jpg

Ozbn4.jpg

8inpI.jpg

SWHoloDance.gif

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hamill and Fisher are in it, are they gonna make their roles fit their current age or are they going with that weird CGI unaging process?

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3