• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford stinks

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A #1 pick, alleged elite franchise QB shouldn't need to blame his consistently bad throwing on coaches. It's a sad thing.

It is a sad thing. But imo I see a kid QB who shows the same things we've seen from his day 1. My theory is this: Schwartz is D guy. He never has anything to do with Stafford improving at all. Useless even.

It was all Linehan. A guy who in 2013 is still trying to jam Mike Martz' the greatest show on turf down defenses throats. The ONLY reason this team has ever won even 1 game under this staff is because of unbridled talent.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not when he has the best receiver and a line which does a great job of protecting him.

Disagree. Oline is highly overrated. Linehan's quick dump offense is designed to get the ball out of Stafford's hands in 1-2 seconds so he doesn't take the brutal hits he was taking in past seasons. When does he ever drop back Brady style and just scan the field under the glow of protection? 0% of the time, cause the O-line sucks.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Oline is highly overrated. Linehan's quick dump offense is designed to get the ball out of Stafford's hands in 1-2 seconds so he doesn't take the brutal hits he was taking in past seasons. When does he ever drop back Brady style and just scan the field under the glow of protection? 0% of the time, cause the O-line sucks.

I don't agree that the Iine sucks. They're young and I do think they benefited from a quick release. Who knows how well they'd have done if they were required to actually hold the pocket for an extended period of time.

Probably why we rarely saw any comeback routes. Couldn't get enough time to develop.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The O-Line doesn't suck man. It's the best OLine in Detroit in nearly 20 years. Stafford's the best QB in Detroit in 50 years. And he out picked Eli Fucking Manning today. (Staff will never drop back Brady style)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree that the Iine sucks. They're young and I do think they benefited from a quick release. Who knows how well they'd have done if they were required to actually hold the pocket for an extended period of time.

Probably why we rarely saw any comeback routes. Couldn't get enough time to develop.

Ravioli sucks, Rob Sims sucks and our RT is a turnstile. Warford is cool and Reiff is good, not great.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah well what about david akers? Fuck that guy.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The oline and dline were great this season. Imagine how ridiculous the dline will be when they add a DE to pair with zeke. The oline didnt cost much and was extremely effective. Its hardy their fault bush has slippery hands, stafford throws pick after pick and every WR and TE cant catch.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine how ridiculous the dline will be when they add a DE to pair with zeke.
If someone would smarten up Young, you get Jones back next year, and Taylor showed a ton of promise. Adding a DE would be far down the line in importance of what we need to improve.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The oline and dline were great this season. Imagine how ridiculous the dline will be when they add a DE to pair with zeke. The oline didnt cost much and was extremely effective. Its hardy their fault bush has slippery hands, stafford throws pick after pick and every WR and TE cant catch.

IMO they might have Devin Taylor at DE for a while. I did not see many games. He seemed to make some plays these last few games. Anyone else see the glimmer of hopes I saw from him?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone would smarten up Young, you get Jones back next year, and Taylor showed a ton of promise. Adding a DE would be far down the line in importance of what we need to improve.

I agree its not a top priority. Young is who he is though, I wouldnt count on much more. Taylor has shown promise and could be the answer. Jones is average. It was just me fantasizing. I think the lions blitzing more would also make their dline that much better but I digress.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many penalties on the OL. Other than that I don't get the hate.... like over in the other thread about Dom. He's not great but not anywhere near our biggest problem. Staff was on his ass less than just about anyone per drop back and we were in the middle of the pack with our run game... and in case anyone hasn't noticed Staff wasn't handing it off to the 2nd coming of Jim Brown back there.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree wazman, im not sure how the oline can be "overrated" when they were expected to suck this year then went out for an entire season and did their jobs very well. Anyhow I dont care for Dom because hes a piece of shit as a person. Hes done good enough on the line this year but I wont miss him.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to call him a bust yet. But calling him a bust is no less absurd than calling him a franchise QB.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to call him a bust yet. But calling him a bust is no less absurd than calling him a franchise QB.

* no more absurd...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the article. It was pretty pointless. Its way too early to call him a bust so the article is not necessary. Im not sure if anyone is calling him the franchise qb though. I havent seen any articles about it, maybe lionstop did, not sure. He has much more potential to be a franchise qb than a bust tho.

Agreed.

He is already way above bust and much closer to being elite than he is to bust. Some of you guys really need to get a grip. He is 25! Aaron Rodgers didnt even throw his first NFL pass until then. Peyton Manning sucked balls his first 3 years. Stafford is already better than 2/3 of the QBs.

He does need to get better at making decisions. The coaching staff has not done much at all to help him from what I can see.