• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs vs Heat NBA FINALS Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is better than MJ or Pippen MY ASS!!!

He should be kissing Ray Allen's ass!

Lebron couldn't make anything late in game 6. The guy is a choke!

Sounds like you have a mangina like your boy D Rose

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will probably airbrush fans into the Ray Allen shot photo if the HEAT win.

This is not news. It is a 4 decade long display of tepid fan support at best.

South Florida fans are notoriously bad fans. They probably rank dead last in every sport.

Heck the Miami hurricanes could not even draw 10,000 fans to their final game at the Orange Bowl despite winning 5 national titles and its historic place in the game.

The new Marlins stadium is a 2 billion dollar complete failure.....a modern ghosttown tax burden.
I am not sure the fans even know that the Florida Panthers exist.

It is the worst sports town in America.

Nobody has ever debated that fact including the South Floridians themselves.

But, it doesn't take away from the HEAT winning the game.

Sigh.....:agree:

I don't even defend my own general fanbase anymore. Facts are facts. There are alot of shitty fans in South Florida. I mentioned it in another thread earlier, but many people I grew up with around middle school /high school have been fans of several basketball teams until now.

The last Orange Bowl game that you pointed out pissed me off to see how many empty seats that there are. I live in Orlando and I even manage to make it down to a couple games a year. Not every school is going to be in the national title spotlight for 30 years straight, there are bad times that come around. The Hurricanes have been the only dynasty in Miami sports history and deserve the respect.

The Marlins are a different story though, I even boycotted them at this point. The owner is putting a shit product on the field and threw in the towel before the season even started. The politicians in Miami were complete dumbasses for allowing that to happen. But the 97 World Series is what opened my eyes about the bandwagon nature of most fans in South Florida. But with all that being said, there are still alot of fans down in Miami that will stick with their team no matter what.

On to officiating, the calls on both sides were awful last night. The Spurs blew the game last night and I haven't seen anyone refute that claim yet. The officiating from games 1-5 were damn near perfect as the officiating was barely noticed with minimal bad calls. But game 6 was another Joey Crawford performance on the grand stage.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you jump straight up your arms have the ability to move. they are connected to your body by a ball and socket joint giving them alot of range of motion...

is this a serious question?

Wow you are either the dumbest (which I doubt) or in total denial or just trolling... His arm has the ability to rotate but if you jump straight up why would you use this ability unless you've crossed the shooters body...?

per′sonal foul′
n.
a foul called in a game, as basketball or football, for illegal body contact or rough, unsportsmanlike play.
[1820–30]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.

Let's just settle this now. A foul is called when the defending player violates the plane of the shooter. That means the shooter is entitled to the space in the vertical plane on which he is shooting. If a defender enters that plane and makes contact, its a foul. It doesn't matter if its on the upwards motion or downward's motion. The offensive player is entitled to that space for the full motion of a shot.

So let's go to video:

Around 40 seconds is the best angle.For it to be clean, Bosh must maintain vertical motion to not impede the plane. He starts his jump inside the 3 point line. He lands outside the 3 point line. While in midair, his body hits Green. CLEAR video evidence that not only did he make contact, he did not go straight up. If he went straight up, he would have landed back inside the 3 point line. By rule, its a foul. Whether it gets called or not is another story because refs in general are pretty inconsistent about it. Take this next play from this series as an example:

Allen barely gets touched on the way down but gets a 4 point play out of it. Technically, its a foul since he got hit on the way down.

Point is, its a foul. But refs for quite awhile have been pretty inconsistent about a shooter's right to space beneath the ball and after it's released. I've heard more chatter about it this season so maybe it'll get cleaned up a bit next season

Last edited by a moderator:

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, was a clear offensive foul before the block.

iOSyv5Id9xPOn.gif

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh makes contact with the ball / blocks it before he makes contact with Green. No part of Green's body is moving backwards. By rule if contact is made with the ball first, then any contact after is NOT considered a foul.

BNIUwBOCEAAbTG6.jpg

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great pickup JD. Didn't see that one...That should shut those guys up

Green shouldn't have even gotten the opportunity to attempt the 3 because an obvious moving screen was missed.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great pickup JD. Didn't see that one...That should shut those guys up

Green shouldn't have even gotten the opportunity to attempt the 3 because an obvious moving screen was missed.

Agree about the moving screen on Splitter. However, Bosh DID foul Green!!

As typically happens with refereeing in the NBA, it all evened out!! That one actually evened out on the same play!!

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree about the moving screen on Splitter. However, Bosh DID foul Green!!

As typically happens with refereeing in the NBA, it all evened out!! That one actually evened out on the same play!!

Oh Bullshit... Bosh did NOT foul Green. Quit being such a punk ass Heat Hater bro... You Laker fanz have such extreme case of LeBron paranoia it is disturbing... Seek Counseling....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad Bosh spoke up like that!! Even if they figured the game was over, how about sticking around to show some appreciation for a pretty darn good season!!

If that was a random regular season game, no prob. But a finals game?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough with the Bosh fouled Green shit already!

Even if he did, it's not like a Spur was capable of making three free throws in a row!

If they had been capable of that, the game never would have reached overtime!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Bullshit... Bosh did NOT foul Green. Quit being such a punk ass Heat Hater bro... You Laker fanz have such extreme case of LeBron paranoia it is disturbing... Seek Counseling....

Seriously?!? It absolutely was a foul. However, as I said, it evened out because Splitter was also guilty of a moving screen. Basically, Bosh fouled him on a shot that, as bks pointed out, Green shouldn't even have been taking because of the Splitter foul!!

And I have no Lebron paranoia whatsoever!! Not liking a certain player, for whatever reason, has nothing to do with paranoia or anything else except not liking that player!!

Your reply tends to show who needs counseling!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if he did, it's not like a Spur was capable of making three free throws in a row!

:agree:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer heat to cover tomorrow, the public is on SA huge and the line has not moved. Vegas is going to be rich tomorrow night.

This is also a very weird situation because normally the public bet the favorite but in this case the public hates the Heat. It is not that weird though, the public bets with their heart and that is not your head.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer heat to cover tomorrow, the public is on SA huge and the line has not moved. Vegas is going to be rich tomorrow night.

This is also a very weird situation because normally the public bet the favorite but in this case the public hates the Heat. It is not that weird though, the public bets with their heart and that is not your head.

Wait!! I thought only Laker fans hate the Heat?!?:lol:

I'm not even sure how I would bet on tomorrow's game if I was going to. On one hand, that was a tough loss, but as others have pointed out, if there is a team that could come back from that it's the Spurs!!

On the other hand, home teams typically don't lose game 7's at home!!

Then again, neither of these teams have been able to beat the other twice in a row!!

In short, I have no idea and just hope it's another great game regardless of who wins!!

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I concur.

But

:bawling: and :gaah:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait!! I thought only Laker fans hate the Heat?!?:lol:

I have never said that, I only said that a very high concentration of Laker fans hate the Heat particularly on this forum. There is apparently a very high percentage of haters across the betting world as well. :D