• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs vs Heat NBA FINALS Thread

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA refs for tonight: Danny Crawford, Scott Foster, Month McCutchen, alternate Tony Brothers.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,914.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Spurs are gonna win tonight. The refs are gonna give timmy d and the spurs soo many calls it will be unbelieveable.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Spurs are gonna win tonight. The refs are gonna give timmy d and the spurs soo many calls it will be unbelieveable.

hell, i'm hoping Pop did a good job in getting these guys to put game 6 behind them. imo it was a case of the better team losing. but blowing that game looked pretty serious to me, this series should be DONE, and BOTH sides know that...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell, i'm hoping Pop did a good job in getting these guys to put game 6 behind them. imo it was a case of the better team losing. but blowing that game looked pretty serious to me, this series should be DONE, and BOTH sides know that...

I don't understand where the "better team" comment comes from.

I 100% agree the Heat were as fortunate as fortunate could be that they are still alive to play tonight, but the Spurs are also fortunate the Heat missed a ton of wide open easy shots in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

For the Heat to be that inefficient and still be in a position to win the game in the 4th clearly tells me the Spurs aren't the better team.

Let's not forget, these games are usually won in the 4th qtr. Game 1, the Spurs executed much better down the stretch and won.

Game 6, the Heat executed much better and won.

If the Spurs can bounce back from that loss and win a game 7 on our court, THEN I will have to agree they are the better team. Until then, I will just say that if ever a series deserved to go 7 it is this one.

Both teams have been so up and down.

James, the Heat lose game 7 tonight. I can't even conceive of it happening.

All I envision in confetti falling from the sky:yahoo:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand where the "better team" comment comes from.

I 100% agree the Heat were as fortunate as fortunate could be that they are still alive to play tonight, but the Spurs are also fortunate the Heat missed a ton of wide open easy shots in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

For the Heat to be that inefficient and still be in a position to win the game in the 4th clearly tells me the Spurs aren't the better team.

Let's not forget, these games are usually won in the 4th qtr. Game 1, the Spurs executed much better down the stretch and won.

Game 6, the Heat executed much better and won.

If the Spurs can bounce back from that loss and win a game 7 on our court, THEN I will have to agree they are the better team. Until then, I will just say that if ever a series deserved to go 7 it is this one.

Both teams have been so up and down.

James, the Heat lose game 7 tonight. I can't even conceive of it happening.

All I envision in confetti falling from the sky:yahoo:

Yeah, well, I couldn't conceive the Spurs losing Game 6 either. If there's any team who could come back from such a blow, it's the Spurs. Miami fans should be nervous. Fond memories of the Lakers Game 7 come to mind :).

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, well, I couldn't conceive the Spurs losing Game 6 either. If there's any team who could come back from such a blow, it's the Spurs. Miami fans should be nervous. Fond memories of the Lakers Game 7 come to mind :).

fond memories.. all laker fans have left at this point. didnt the lakers have to win 2 at home for that game 7 finals win as well? that series followed this one.. split the first two. then get 1 on the road.. then win the final 2...

either way. heat win tonight. i was much more nervous before game 7 against pacers. im actually good right now. that may change. maybe it's how the spurs lost... maybe it's the feeling that we are now playing on house money. miami wins tonight. i have bet the heat 3 times these finals. they won them all. will place a bet at some point today. dont want to change it up now and jinx the whole thing.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fond memories.. all laker fans have left at this point. didnt the lakers have to win 2 at home for that game 7 finals win as well? that series followed this one.. split the first two. then get 1 on the road.. then win the final 2...

either way. heat win tonight. i was much more nervous before game 7 against pacers. im actually good right now. that may change. maybe it's how the spurs lost... maybe it's the feeling that we are now playing on house money. miami wins tonight. i have bet the heat 3 times these finals. they won them all. will place a bet at some point today. dont want to change it up now and jinx the whole thing.

It was sooooo long ago I have to cling to it. Laker fans are used to parades, I'm starting to itch.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also heard (not sure though) that James and MJ would be the only ones to do the above + back-to-back Finals MVP's. (if James would win Finals MVP)

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many titles do the Heat have again? Lol.

ah... the old laker fall back line. we have more titles. cute. no one is arguing your 1949 and 1950 minneapolis championship pedigree.

yes you have more titles. how many laker fans does it take to change a light bulb? no one knows the answer, as all a laker fan would do is stand around and tell you how great the old light bulbs were.

you guys are the NBA's Army football fan.. tons of titles.. suck now.

And dont blame Jordan for the 90s. the pistons, spurs, and rockets won that decade. maybe the 1st bull title you can blame on Jordan. But jordan wasnt the reason a western confernce team couldnt make the playoffs in the 90s and had magic johnson as their coach.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Flauge, if game 7 is a great as game 6, do you think you'll be able to survive it?:lol:

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Flauge, if game 7 is a great as game 6, do you think you'll be able to survive it?:lol:
i am glad i decided not to post much during that game. i broke. 3rd quarter going into the 4th.. i broke. i was trading lebron.. firing the coach.. executing Chris Bosh. it was bad. i had to delete my text messages in shame.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am glad i decided not to post much during that game. i broke. 3rd quarter going into the 4th.. i broke. i was trading lebron.. firing the coach.. executing Chris Bosh. it was bad. i had to delete my text messages in shame.

:lol:

Been there bro!! Funny story: As most know, while the Lakers weren't necessarily terrible in the 90's, they weren't what they were in the 80's or most of the 2000's. My daughter (18 months or so old at the time) used to like to hang out in my "mancave" with me when the Lakers were on and she was learning to talk!!

Among her first phrases: F'n Lakers which she decides to use in front of her mom while I was at work!! That was a fun conversation!!:lol:

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curious what were you saying about Lebron going into the 4th? All the things that I've been saying for years?

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious what were you saying about Lebron going into the 4th? All the things that I've been saying for years?

no steroid accusations... but everything else.