• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs vs Heat NBA FINALS Thread

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

Been there bro!! Funny story: As most know, while the Lakers weren't necessarily terrible in the 90's, they weren't what they were in the 80's or most of the 2000's. My daughter (18 months or so old at the time) used to like to hang out in my "mancave" with me when the Lakers were on and she was learning to talk!!

Among her first phrases: F'n Lakers which she decides to use in front of her mom while I was at work!! That was a fun conversation!!:lol:
:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

Been there bro!! Funny story: As most know, while the Lakers weren't necessarily terrible in the 90's, they weren't what they were in the 80's or most of the 2000's. My daughter (18 months or so old at the time) used to like to hang out in my "mancave" with me when the Lakers were on and she was learning to talk!!

Among her first phrases: F'n Lakers which she decides to use in front of her mom while I was at work!! That was a fun conversation!!:lol:

Not quite as funny but you should have seen the looks I got when I taught my nephew's two-year old daughter to say "Tony Romo still sucks."

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's SportsNation has got 66% of the nation rooting for the Spurs to win, every state except Florida. 212k voting.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite as funny but you should have seen the looks I got when I taught my nephew's two-year old daughter to say "Tony Romo still sucks."

If your nephew is a Cowboys fan, I can only imagine!! It is my experience that Cowboy fans don't take kindly to folks criticizing them!!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hats off to Flauge :D

I only swore I would never watch another NBA game regardless of the outcomes of these 2 games, plus a lot of cringing when wade would touch the ball and come into the game.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wade cant go full throttle, Lebron is going to have to force the action and come up with a performance for the ages. Something tells me that before its over Bosh is going put his finger prints all over this game.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wade cant go full throttle, Lebron is going to have to force the action and come up with a performance for the ages. Something tells me that before its over Bosh is going put his finger prints all over this game.

I fully expect all three to set the new NBA record for most flops in a game. Especially Lebron.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA refs for tonight: Danny Crawford, Scott Foster, Month McCutchen, alternate Tony Brothers.

This is actually good for the Heat as long as they stay aggressive driving the paint and nobody was bought.

NBAstuffer.com - REFEREE STATS

2 of them have huge discrepancies favoring the home team in win % and fouls called %.

This made it a bet for me, the line has moved to 5.5 I doubt it will go to 5. SPLURGE BET on the HEATLES!!!

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your nephew is a Cowboys fan, I can only imagine!! It is my experience that Cowboy fans don't take kindly to folks criticizing them!!

Yes, Cowboy fans are even worse at pulling the "How many rings do you have card?"

At least Lakers and Yankees have won one or two since Bill Clinton left the White House.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Cowboy fans are even worse at pulling the "How many rings do you have card?"

At least Lakers and Yankees have won one or two since Bill Clinton left the White House.

:lol: I was a Rams fan until that snake-eating bitch took them to St. Louis. The Cowboys broke my heart several times by beating my Rams in the playoffs!! I hate those bastards!! I hate their fans too, even the ones that I'm friends with!!

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: I was a Rams fan until that snake-eating bitch took them to St. Louis. The Cowboys broke my heart several times by beating my Rams in the playoffs!! I hate those bastards!! I hate their fans too, even the ones that I'm friends with!!

Ah yes. Days that I was a Cowboys fan. Roger Staubach was my hero back then.

Refused to ever root for them when that POS Jerry Jones bought them.

And won't until he no longer owns them.

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Spurs can bounce back from that loss and win a game 7 on our court, THEN I will have to agree they are the better team. Until then, I will just say that if ever a series deserved to go 7 it is this one.

:yahoo:

Turnip
SO if the Spurs win they are the better team but if the heat win, then they are the better team? is that what you're saying Mr Genius ?? wow..way to think out of the box ..:doh:

Did you think Miami was the better team when they lost against the Mavs? In a 7 game series I believe , ONLY THE BETTER TEAM can win.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect all three to set the new NBA record for most flops in a game. Especially Lebron.
I think masters Ginobli and Parker will have something to say about who sets the record for flopping.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah... the old laker fall back line. we have more titles. cute. no one is arguing your 1949 and 1950 minneapolis championship pedigree.

yes you have more titles. how many laker fans does it take to change a light bulb? no one knows the answer, as all a laker fan would do is stand around and tell you how great the old light bulbs were.

you guys are the NBA's Army football fan.. tons of titles.. suck now.

And dont blame Jordan for the 90s. the pistons, spurs, and rockets won that decade. maybe the 1st bull title you can blame on Jordan. But jordan wasnt the reason a western confernce team couldnt make the playoffs in the 90s and had magic johnson as their coach.

Someone has their panties in a wad :yahoo: It's not like it was brought up out of no where, you were acting like the Lakers don't win titles, then you get mad when I remind you.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnip
SO if the Spurs win they are the better team but if the heat win, then they are the better team? is that what you're saying Mr Genius ?? wow..way to think out of the box ..:doh:

Did you think Miami was the better team when they lost against the Mavs? In a 7 game series I believe , ONLY THE BETTER TEAM can win.

Wasn't my response in response to CL saying the Spurs were the better team in a game they LOST?

And I agree. In a 7 game series, there is no way to say the better team lost. Regardless of refs, injuries, etc.. It is what it is.

That is why regular season or anything else leading up to the Finals can be thrown out the window.
You need to have it all going for you these last 2+ weeks.

So far neither team has been what I would say playing their best ball, but there will be a champion (more then likely the Heat) crowned tonight and that is really all anyone will remember.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note. I stayed, but I have easy in/out access. If I didn't, I probably would have left.
In these situations, everyone has there own reasons and situations. All need to be respected and considered.

By Bill PlaschkeJune 20, 2013, 12:22 p.m.

You've paid a small fortune to attend a championship sports event with your family. The game is minutes from its conclusion. There is a history of violence outside stadiums across America after championship sporting events. There is a certainty of a mad crush of people, horrific traffic, and other logistical nightmares.
In the interest of ensuring your family's safety and calm, you walk out of the sports event before it is finished, climb in your car, and listen to the final moments on the radio as you drive unimpeded back to realities of a late night that has already impacted early-morning work and school.

This is wrong? This is embarrassing? You should be ashamed? Of course not. Yet that is the way Miami Heat fans are apparently supposed to feel after being caught on camera walking out of their team's eventual overtime comeback victory over the San Antonio Spurs in Tuesday's Game 6 of the NBA Finals.
They were ripped by the media. They were chided by the players. In fact, the Heat's Chris Bosh actually requested that those fans who left early not bother showing up for tonight's Game 7.
First, given his shaky history with the Heat, there are no guarantees that the overpaid Bosh himself will show up for Game 7. And second, how dare he?
I know this is going to sound like pandering from a guy who has spent his columnist career watching Los Angeles fans arrive late and leave early, but there is often zero correlation between a fan's faith in his team and his decision to leave a game early. Fans aren't giving up on the players, they're simply giving up on spending any more of their evening with the players when job and family and sleep responsiblities beckon.
Players should be grateful that fans purchase tickets and show up in the first place. Players and media members should also look in the mirror. Because of work responsibilities, both groups leave games long after their conclusion, when the post-game madness on the nearby streets has subsided. If they were forced to leave a game immediately after it ended, here's guessing many would also be rushing out the door with the early birds.
In Miami on Tuesday -- and also tonight -- there exists the fear of postgame championship violence. Who can blame a fan for trying to outrun it? After a couple of Laker championships, the scene outside the Staples Center was dangerous enough, with roving mobs and fires, that I felt sorry for fans who actually stayed for the entire game and then had to navigate that fear.
Tonight, win or lose, the spectators in Miami should not feel bad about leaving early. It's not about being a bad fan. Sometimes its about being a smart one.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think masters Ginobli and Parker will have something to say about who sets the record for flopping.

They're left with little choice. If the Heat do it and get away with it, the Spurs must counter.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I’m Erik Spoelstra, I’m motivating my guys to put it all on the line tonight for all of the overdogs throughout history who have fought valiantly but come up a bit short. Do it for the 1980 Russian hockey team. Do it for Enron. Do it for Ivan Drago, the British Empire, and Standard Oil. Do it for Goliath. Let’s Go Heat!