• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs vs Heat NBA FINALS Thread

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami fans in ALL sports pretty much suck. If the team/school isn't winning, NOBODY in that town cares. Miami is just a crappy sports town, sort of like Atlanta.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think the officiating was bad last night. There were some missed/bad calls for both sides. Typical for a NBA game. Ginobli traveled a mile on that late OT play. I'm not looking back through this thread, but it's likely Spurs fans were bitching about that one. Spurs blew it. Plain and simple. Pop made some bad coaching decisions. The Heat players didn't give up (unlike their fans). About time we had a close game to watch during these NBA Finals!

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think the officiating was bad last night. There were some missed/bad calls for both sides. Typical for a NBA game. Ginobli traveled a mile on that late OT play. I'm not looking back through this thread, but it's likely Spurs fans were bitching about that one. Spurs blew it. Plain and simple. Pop made some bad coaching decisions. The Heat players didn't give up (unlike their fans). About time we had a close game to watch during these NBA Finals!

I thought it was awful........but I'm not blaming the win or loss on officiating.

What I can't stand most is INCONSISTENCY. If you're going to allow physical play, ALLOW physical play and don't start calling touch fouls in the middle of the game. Establish a baseline of how you're going to call the game and STICK WITH IT. Otherwise the players won't know how aggressive they can/can't be and WE as fans get robbed of seeing the best game possible.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will probably airbrush fans into the Ray Allen shot photo if the HEAT win.

This is not news. It is a 4 decade long display of tepid fan support at best.

South Florida fans are notoriously bad fans. They probably rank dead last in every sport.

Heck the Miami hurricanes could not even draw 10,000 fans to their final game at the Orange Bowl despite winning 5 national titles and its historic place in the game.

The new Marlins stadium is a 2 billion dollar complete failure.....a modern ghosttown tax burden.
I am not sure the fans even know that the Florida Panthers exist.

It is the worst sports town in America.

Nobody has ever debated that fact including the South Floridians themselves.

But, it doesn't take away from the HEAT winning the game.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stinking Heat didn't cover! So I broke even. I knew I hated the Heat for a good reason! :lol:

yeah, managed to cover, but the stinking Heat still won a game they shouldn't have. unfortunately i'm starting to think this is gonna come back and bite 'em on game 7. hoping i'm wrong...

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stinking Heat didn't cover! So I broke even. I knew I hated the Heat for a good reason! :lol:

I think I am going to hedge my preseason wager with a bet on the spurs ML to ensure profit...or bet the spurs to cover...and I could middle...

Miami fans in ALL sports pretty much suck. If the team/school isn't winning, NOBODY in that town cares. Miami is just a crappy sports town, sort of like Atlanta.

That is what happens when their something to do in your town besides sports or be on TV.

Way to keep the faith in your team Miami fans :lol:

Old Country buffet closed hours prior so I have no idea where they were going.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, managed to cover, but the stinking Heat still won a game they shouldn't have. unfortunately i'm starting to think this is gonna come back and bite 'em on game 7. hoping i'm wrong...

it has that feel doesnt it? i would never count out a veteran championship team coached by pops. but ive watched sports far to long... it just always seems that once you give away a title, you dont get it back.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or go balls deep and bet the HEAT TO COVER!!!!

i just put in the tip and bet the heat money line. something told me last night was going to be one of those close games. spurs coming in to finish the job, miami fighting for their lives.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything your avatar is proof that Bosh sent him back with the contact, mid-shot.

1371628397178.jpg

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will probably airbrush fans into the Ray Allen shot photo if the HEAT win.

This is not news. It is a 4 decade long display of tepid fan support at best.

South Florida fans are notoriously bad fans. They probably rank dead last in every sport.

Heck the Miami hurricanes could not even draw 10,000 fans to their final game at the Orange Bowl despite winning 5 national titles and its historic place in the game.

The new Marlins stadium is a 2 billion dollar complete failure.....a modern ghosttown tax burden.
I am not sure the fans even know that the Florida Panthers exist.

It is the worst sports town in America.

Nobody has ever debated that fact including the South Floridians themselves.

But, it doesn't take away from the HEAT winning the game.

Yeah, I lived in Florida for a little over 3 years. I used to enjoy going to Tampa Bay Rays games because you could buy the cheapest tickets and then sit pretty much wherever you wanted to!! Even after they became a good team!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The officiating was AWFUL last night.

Lebron and Wade couldn't get a call to save their lives. I've never seen superstars get such a lack of respect from the officials. I watched Tim Duncan jump over Mike Miler's back, who had inside position REPEATEDLY and Miller gets called for fouling a guy BEHIND him?

I watched Lebron get taken down, Wade get taken down, Bosh tackled by Duncan, with NO calls? THEN you call two flop touch fouls for Parker?

It's that inconsistency. If you're going to let SA get away with physical play, you have to let Miami do so as well.

Fans on both sides are crying about the refs!! It means they did their job!!:lol:

aar000n

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think the officiating was bad last night. There were some missed/bad calls for both sides. Typical for a NBA game. Ginobli traveled a mile on that late OT play. I'm not looking back through this thread, but it's likely Spurs fans were bitching about that one. Spurs blew it. Plain and simple. Pop made some bad coaching decisions. The Heat players didn't give up :bawling:(unlike their fans). About time we had a close game to watch during these NBA Finals!

Do they even dribble anymore? :doh: yeah you could have called traveling on every play. How about three that tied it up. The refs didn't make the call and it changed everything. Ie let's say ginobli hits the ft the heat don't run the same play. Then you put sure hater crafired in and :lame:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the reason why Im not upset about the reffing is because everything 'looked' right. It wasn't like Game 1 of the ECF where Lebron had a game winning layup. That didn't look like a basketball play. Bosh blocking a smaller player on the wing shooting an off balance desperation 3? Yeah, that looked right.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Wolstat@WolstatSun[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]347414712952184832[/MEDIA]"]1h[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said several times the Spurs choked... The Heat never quit and deserved the win... My point was when people cried foul, Heat fans said no way after they cried for at least 1 and I think 2 games about refs... That was a foul... Should it have been called...? The winning team says no, the losing team says yes... As a Lakers fan my team lost rounds ago but I can still point out hypocrisy... I'll watch game 7 and I've already said I think the Heat win... I think the Spurs used all they had last night, but we'll see... Last point, Flauge how can Bosh be going straight up in your avi if his arm is reaching back for the block...?

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last point, Flauge how can Bosh be going straight up in your avi if his arm is reaching back for the block...?

when you jump straight up your arms have the ability to move. they are connected to your body by a ball and socket joint giving them alot of range of motion...

is this a serious question?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said several times the Spurs choked... The Heat never quit and deserved the win... My point was when people cried foul, Heat fans said no way after they cried for at least 1 and I think 2 games about refs... That was a foul... Should it have been called...? The winning team says no, the losing team says yes... As a Lakers fan my team lost rounds ago but I can still point out hypocrisy... I'll watch game 7 and I've already said I think the Heat win... I think the Spurs used all they had last night, but we'll see... Last point, Flauge how can Bosh be going straight up in your avi if his arm is reaching back for the block...?

I know if it was LeBron he would have gotten the call, and if not then the Miami fans would be bawling their eyes out right now. In the end though, the Spurs have no excuses if they lose.