• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sproles to Philly

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well so we don't just keep going back & forth with counter points.

We are in disagreement.

I respect that, but sometimes the only way to persuade others is through debate. You're a good poster and I hope you don't think I'm one of these guys who make or take it personal. Who knows after every thing that has been said one of us might possibly change or have a slight shift of our opinion. I'm a huge Romo fan, but I can honestly say I no longer believe like I once did that he's the guy who can carry us to a SB. He needs alot of help, but I agree we simply disagree. To be clear I do respect you as a poster :suds:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also puts him in the league of Marino and Fouts

Marino is probably the best I ever saw touch a football ..... as years pass and you have people that didnt actually see him play ..... they dont rank him that high.

McNabb will be looked at like Danny White( Who I thought was a good one too) Without a ring it's just the nature of the game and time that passes how players are viewed

:agree: Well said

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also puts him in the league of Marino and Fouts

Marino is probably the best I ever saw touch a football ..... as years pass and you have people that didnt actually see him play ..... they dont rank him that high.

McNabb will be looked at like Danny White( Who I thought was a good one too) Without a ring it's just the nature of the game and time that passes how players are viewed

If Dan Marino were playing under today's rules, with some of the great athletes that play WR/TE now, he could throw for 6000-6500 yards a season. That's a fact

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect that, but sometimes the only way to persuade others is through debate. You're a good poster and I hope you don't think I'm one of these guys who make or take it personal. Who knows after every thing that has been said one of us might possibly change or have a slight shift of our opinion. I'm a huge Romo fan, but I can honestly say I no longer believe like I once did that he's the guy who can carry us to a SB. He needs alot of help, but I agree we simply disagree. To be clear I do respect you as a poster :suds:
I didn't take it as you were thinking it was personal. To have a good debate you have to see what the other sides argument is. I know, no matter what I was gonna counter with (which was quickly becoming a list of things) you weren't gonna change your mind on the subject. I am completely convinced McNabb was overrated & Romo has never had a team like those eagles teams. Believe he would have flourished. I am not saying either QB would have necessarily won a superbowl. My thoughts isn't changing that Romo would have done better. So seeing that neither of us were gonna change our minds. Simply didn't see the point of pushing forward with the debate is all.

This place would be boring if we all agreed on everything. :suds:

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now Eagles fans are writing books on a Cowboys forum ???

I read none of that shit ..... I saw how long it was an knew someone needed to get laid and the fuck of a forum

Go get some pussy dude ......... I promise you ..... It wont kill you

I love when posters respond with something stupid like this. Again, it shows a losing argument. LMAO @ that being a book. I guess you have reading comprehension problems. Truth is, you read it, and have nothing to counter with it so you try to get personal and attack something about me you know nothing about. I guess writing a few paragraphs on a sports message board means I don't get pussy though. Nice comeback.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you say this? " *I could point out numerous QBs that get better after their first year starting and continue to get better even teams have film on them. That excuse is a bad excuse. Find something else."

I don't know how else to take it other than film doesn't matter.

Well, I am sorry you have problems comprehending things..... It seems like a common occurrence with your fanbase. All that is stating is that just because teams will have film on him, it doesn't mean he will regress, and in fact..... He could get better as history proves. Not once did I say that he will follow either suit, only giving examples or why that argument is dumb. Did I explain that enough for you or do I have to dumb it down?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I am sorry you have problems comprehending things..... It seems like a common occurrence with your fanbase. All that is stating is that just because teams will have film on him, it doesn't mean he will regress, and in fact..... He could get better as history proves. Not once did I say that he will follow either suit, only giving examples or why that argument is dumb. Did I explain that enough for you or do I have to dumb it down?

Please show where I said Files WILL regress with film. All I said is let's see what he is after defenses get time to adjust to him. Now if you just as kalko said think the film won't matter you may be in for a big letdown.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please show where I said Files WILL regress with film. All I said is let's see what he is after defenses get time to adjust to him. Now if you just as kalko said think the film won't matter you may be in for a big letdown.

I dont think film really changes anything. Want to know why? Because as much as other teams will be watching tendencies for Foles, Foles and the Eagles will be doing the same thing to the defenses. I said in no way is Foles a proven stud. I also said he might have just been on a hot streak like VIck in 2010 and he might fall back to earth. But filming works two ways. I could be wrong. But I really believe this is incorrect theory especially when it comes to the Eagles Offense. They are a power run team. THats been around for 75 years and nothing will change that unless other teams get better D's. They also run the spread which has been around long enough to be a legit formation just like the 4-3 or any other long term formation.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then what's the point of your post? We were talking about Romo vs McNabb and you pull out names like P Manning, Staubach, Aikman and Young.....In terms of Super Bowl wins, Trent Dilfer has more than Dan Marino.....OK, so what?

Because people were saying McNabb was a choker. I said McNabb has won as many playoff games or close to as many as Staubach, Aikman, Steve Young, etc etc. Meaning... a QB with this many playoff wins cant be considered a choker.

I really dont mean this as an insult to you. I dont think the younger generation was taught analogies, comparisons, cause and in effect in school. Again, this is not an insult but younger people in our country dont speak or argue with analogies any more and I dont think they understand them. Any of the old heads (plus 40 crowd) notice this??

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think film really changes anything. Want to know why? Because as much as other teams will be watching tendencies for Foles, Foles and the Eagles will be doing the same thing to the defenses. I said in no way is Foles a proven stud. I also said he might have just been on a hot streak like VIck in 2010 and he might fall back to earth. But filming works two ways. I could be wrong. But I really believe this is incorrect theory especially when it comes to the Eagles Offense. They are a power run team. THats been around for 75 years and nothing will change that unless other teams get better D's. They also run the spread which has been around long enough to be a legit formation just like the 4-3 or any other long term formation.
you know why through the years they keep changing rules that favor offenses? Because if you give DC's enough time. They always figure out how to deal with an offense.
Don't think anyone is saying that Foles is gonna suck. Just he isn't gonna do as well as he did last year. Not sure how that is arguable. or Why an eagles fan would be offended by that. If he repeats what he did last year, people will be talking about putting him in Canton already.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll cede this argument. I have no shot to win since I'm talking to a member of the smartest fan base in the NFL. So yes you are correctm Film review is overrated. I'm sure soon all football coaches across this great land will soon agree and stop wasting theirs and their players time with this worthless waste of time.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know why through the years they keep changing rules that favor offenses? Because if you give DC's enough time. They always figure out how to deal with an offense.
Don't think anyone is saying that Foles is gonna suck. Just he isn't gonna do as well as he did last year. Not sure how that is arguable. or Why an eagles fan would be offended by that. If he repeats what he did last year, people will be talking about putting him in Canton already.

Give it up. All philly fans are smarter than the rest of us.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Excellent point. I guess Im just trying to say theres really nothing revolutionary that Chip is doing. Maybe Im wrong or naive... time will tell.

Maybe Foles comes back to earth, maybe he gets even better?? He just HAS to throw more pics. In the Saints playoff game we lost by two. There was a point in the 2nd half where we drove inside the Saints 20 and Foles, being the extremely safe QB he is, held on to the ball and took a big and horrific sack by not getting rid of the ball and took us out of FG range. His extremely low turnover rate came with some HUGE negatives too. At times he was just way to hesitant by trying to avoid the pick. As well as he did play over the 2013 season I still wouldnt be surprised if Philly drafted a QB in round one. In the 90s Bobby Hoying looked like he was going to be a star. NOPE! An old Jeff Garcia came in in like 2008 and led us to a playoff win and then just crumbled. In 2010 it look like Vick was new and improved especially in the Redskins game and also vs the Giants in the Miracle in the Medowlands part 2. Then he crumbled. I think Philly has seen a number of QBs who have looked great for stretches and turned out to be a fluke. Again, the best word to use for Foles is "optimistic", not "Canton bound".

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it up. All philly fans are smarter than the rest of us.

Stop being a dick. No one ever said anything about Philly fans being smarter then Dallas fans. I just think PDay implying we are dumb about football is just waaaay off base. I've been nothing but objective and you come back with some chump statement like that. I even said I could be naive or wrong about the film study. I just dont know what film has to do with a power run team that runs the ball more then they pass.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop being a dick. No one ever said anything about Philly fans being smarter then Dallas fans. I just think PDay implying we are dumb about football is just waaaay off base. I've been nothing but objective and you come back with some chump statement like that. I even said I could be naive or wrong about the film study. I just dont know what film has to do with a power run team that runs the ball more then they pass.

"Philly fans but they probably are the most knowledgeable sport fans in the country (especially football).*"

Your words, not mine. By now you should know everything you say can and will be used against you.

Besides we all know I can be an ass. If it bothers you I'm not too worried.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Philly fans but they probably are the most knowledgeable sport fans in the country (especially football).*"

Your words, not mine. By now you should know everything you say can and will be used against you.

Besides we all know I can be an ass. If it bothers you I'm not too worried.

I said that because of what I read. I said that because of what PDay said. They werent, "My words" as you said. THey were what I've read from reporters across the country. I didnt make it up out of thin air. I posted a bunch of articles that support what I/THEY said. I also said this doesnt give all Philly fans a pass cause we have our fair share of morons. So why target me? Is it because I come on here posting nonsense and 100% biased Eagles talk? Did I come on here saying how great we are and how bad Dallas is? NO! Maybe we are different. I care if people think Im being an ass and a dick. I LOVE to talk football. I go to my Eagles board daily to talk Eagles and I come here because its by far the best and most involved on SportsHoopla. Dallas, to me, has ALWAYS been our #1 rival and this is a great place to come when I dont want to talk pro/con Eagles. Really makes absolutely no sense that you randomly target me.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said that because of what I read. I said that because of what PDay said. They werent, "My words" as you said. THey were what I've read from reporters across the country. I didnt make it up out of thin air. I posted a bunch of articles that support what I/THEY said. I also said this doesnt give all Philly fans a pass cause we have our fair share of morons. So why target me? Is it because I come on here posting nonsense and 100% biased Eagles talk? Did I come on here saying how great we are and how bad Dallas is? NO! Maybe we are different. I care if people think Im being an ass and a dick. I LOVE to talk football. I go to my Eagles board daily to talk Eagles and I come here because its by far the best and most involved on SportsHoopla. Dallas, to me, has ALWAYS been our #1 rival and this is a great place to come when I dont want to talk pro/con Eagles. Really makes absolutely no sense that you randomly target me.

But even the source you quoted didn't have you#1. It had you 4th. What id like to know is how did they come up with their tally. Did they pass out Football IQ tests? Articles like that are pure speculation.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But even the source you quoted didn't have you#1. It had you 4th. What id like to know is how did they come up with their tally. Did they pass out Football IQ tests? Articles like that are pure speculation.

lol
an opinion based on an opinion

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I posted every article I could find and one had Philly as the most educated, one had them as the most passionate and one asked four people who were the most knowledgeable and someone picked Philly fans. I think that shows that there is the belief that Philly is known for having one of the smartest fan bases. NO? THey might be speculation but why does every article on the net mention Philly? THere has to be some reason for that.