• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sproles to Philly

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird move with McCoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far from a weird move, chip loves speed and Sproles is going to kill in his system.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far from a weird move, chip loves speed and Sproles is going to kill in his system.

While I totally agree Sproles can be incredible in this system, you are either playing both he and McCoy or you are replacing McCoy's snaps with his which doesn't help much. I guess it allows them to rest McCoy without losing anything in their Offense. If you play them together and also have D Jax on the field you have 3 similar players. With the ingenuity of his offense that can be great in some ways, but it also has its downside because of their size - especially in the red zone. To me the team that gets the most value out of a guy like Sproles would be a team that doesn't have a McCoy.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I totally agree Sproles can be incredible in this system, you are either playing both he and McCoy or you are replacing McCoy's snaps with his which doesn't help much. I guess it allows them to rest McCoy without losing anything in their Offense. If you play them together and also have D Jax on the field you have 3 similar players. With the ingenuity of his offense that can be great in some ways, but it also has its downside because of their size - especially in the red zone. To me the team that gets the most value out of a guy like Sproles would be a team that doesn't have a McCoy.

As many snaps as that team runs on offense per game, I see this as a positive for everyone involved. I don't see this impacting McCoy very much, if at all. Sproles is the kind of guy that will see 7-12 touches a game on average, McCoy will still get his 20-25 touches. And there will be plenty left over for everyone else. I don't have the numbers, but doesn't this offense average like 70 snaps a game?

Edit: The Eagles averaged 65.875 plays per game on offense last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles also signed Malcolm Jenkins.(S)

This is a bigger deal considering they really didn't need Sporles.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to this though rumor has it that they are trying to move DJax.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that the Skins were also looking to trade for Sproles. Think he would have helped them more than Philly since Morris is so one dimensional.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We obviously need to try and find a starting DT and DE in this draft. We aslo better draft a linebacker that can cover. Telvin Smith would be a nice fit.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We obviously need to try and find a starting DT and DE in this draft. We aslo better draft a linebacker that can cover. Telvin Smith would be a nice fit.

Let me throw some ifs at this, because they really are all "ifs", but I don't think any of the 3 are far fetched:

Lee stays healthy; Carter learns the defense and is able to act on instinct and use his athletic ability; Holloman continues to progress and wins the SOLB job. That is 3 pretty quick LBs with the physical skillset to cover if the 3 "ifs" above come true.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me throw some ifs at this, because they really are all "ifs", but I don't think any of the 3 are far fetched:

Lee stays healthy; Carter learns the defense and is able to act on instinct and use his athletic ability; Holloman continues to progress and wins the SOLB job. That is 3 pretty quick LBs with the physical skillset to cover if the 3 "ifs" above come true.

I think all are very possible "ifs" that can happen. "If" they do we are fine at all starting LB spots. However would you think about taking a LB early if he's the BPA? I know I would.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all are very possible "ifs" that can happen. "If" they do we are fine at all starting LB spots. However would you think about taking a LB early if he's the BPA? I know I would.

Absolutely. I just don't think we are in a position where we must go LB early. My thoughts on BPA are pretty much the same every year. It all comes down to how much better you think the best player is than the best player at your highest need positions. So you need to weigh the two together. For instance if they have Mosley slightly above Donald or some other DT, I take the DT. But if they have the best player head and shoulders above the rest, I take the best player. It's more who you expect to help your team the most over the next 5 - 10 years.

Side note since I've seen so much of this lately: I remember the discussion on moving Lee to OLB for Carter and I thought that was asinine and still do. But, I don't necessarily feel it would be such a bad idea if we drafted Mosley and did it. I think Lee can be equally great at any LB spot you want to play him. Unlike Carter, Mosley would be a better fit at MLB than OLB and if the team feels as highly about him as some other people do then it would clearly mean they would expect him to be great in the middle.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this keeps Bryce Brown off the field? If so, SWEET! Brown is a stud who can't get time, wish Dallas could get him.

I could also see this as the Eagles getting ready to part with DJax. Now you have a solid return guy. They already locked up two other WR's for at least another year, maybe they flip Desean for something.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I want to find a negative in this move, I can't. Sproles is a player and it pisses me off that we have to face him twice. He makes big plays and there will be plenty of balls to go around in Philly for him regardless if McCoy is there. On the bright side, I believe Foles was a fluke and he won't be as lucky with turnovers next season.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles really did not impress me. He benefited from having a good OL and the other great talent at the skill positions. Even at that he wilted whenever he faced heavy pressure. I doubt that thay avoid the injuries on offenselike they did last year. Please don bring up Maclin. He sucks

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles really did not impress me. He benefited from having a good OL and the other great talent at the skill positions. Even at that he wilted whenever he faced heavy pressure. I doubt that thay avoid the injuries on offenselike they did last year. Please don bring up Maclin. He sucks

Maclin sucks? Thats news to me. Wow! So a 23 year old QB who comes in and has the 3rd highest QB rating EVER and threw for 29 TD's and 2 pics doesn't impress you at all. The Eagles OLine is excellent at run blocking but average in pass blocking. Foles got sacked a lot and was under pressure way to much. He had too much success last season to claim he "wilts under pressure" He won 7 of his last 8 games and he "wilted under pressure"?? Come on man. I know its your duty to hate Philly but you threw simple logic out the window. Is Maclin a pro bowl WR. NO! But he is one of the better #2's in the NFL. Foles didnt impress you after last season at all... come on. THats just lame. Who knows if he can keep up the great play. He has a TON to prove but the MVP of the Pro Bowl with the 3rd highest QB ranking ever who completely turned our 1-3 teams season around deserves a little respect, dont you think?

As for Sproles all he is going to do is be a 3rd down WR and gadget guy. Eagles have two nice backup RB's. I doubt he gets 25 carries all season. Maybe 40 catches for 500 yards all season. He is just another one of Chips gadget players that may have an impact on a dozen or so 3rd downs this upcoming season but he sure aint tilting the division in our favor.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this keeps Bryce Brown off the field? If so, SWEET! Brown is a stud who can't get time, wish Dallas could get him.

I could also see this as the Eagles getting ready to part with DJax. Now you have a solid return guy. They already locked up two other WR's for at least another year, maybe they flip Desean for something.

I bet Brown could be had for a 4th. He is an amazing athlete at 225+ can still run a sub 4.4. That really is tremendous. If he stops trying to pop everything outside he is the type of player that could go to a team and eaily have a 1000+ yard season. I remember when he was the #1 rated player in the country coming out of high school. He didnt get very many carries last year but I thing he averaged 4.5 a carry and didnt fumble. I know the Eagles would trade him.

I've heard rumors coming out of Philly is that Chips 2 biggest things he values is size and positive character. As exciting as Desean is, he aint big and he isnt a locker room leader. He just came off a 1350 yard season too so his value is at its highest. He is only 27 but I think teams shy away from his 10 million per year contract. If he's making 10 I can only imagine what Dez is going to ask for.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..... just looked at Maclins last 3 years and he's averaged about 900 yards and 8 TD's a season. According to Arlington, that sucks for a number 2 WR????