• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sproles to Philly

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

McNabb was always overrated.
McNabb played on a championship caliber team.
Romo never has.

Romo on McNabb's Eagles team definitely does better than McNabb did.

I would disagree with you, Mcnabb had the ability to put a team on his back and win. Mcnabb's number if he had had just one ring are without a doubt hall of fame worthy. I would argue the Wade's team when we went 13-3 was certainly championship caliber and we only won 1 game in the playoffs. I'm truly a Romo fan but Romo can't be trusted in pressure situations in a high stake game.:L

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McNabb was always overrated. - agree
McNabb played on a championship caliber team - agree for sure with that D
Romo never has - disagree. We were better than the Giants in 2010 and they won a SB

Romo on McNabb's Eagles team definitely does better than McNabb did - tough to say on this one. Maybe he wins a SB or maybe he gets to less NFC Championship games.

Always hard to say what a guy does on a different team and in a different situation

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 and Foles aren't comparable..... RG3 success depended a lot on his ability to run and the option offense he was in. Foles success depends on his ability to get rid of the ball quickly, make smart decisions, accuracy and a spread out offense he is in. His skillset is not really something that goes away once you get "film on him". Fans in this division mention that because it is the only hope they got to think that Foles will be figured out and then your crap teams will have a shot. And you mention RG3 digressing after the "film on him" (could be more because of the injury), but I could point out numerous QBs that get better after their first year starting and continue to get better even teams have film on them. That excuse is a bad excuse. Find something else.

don't think anyone is dissing Foles really. I think he will be a successful QB. Also think he will have more success than RGIII.
No way he does his 29/2 ratio though.
I am interested in seeing how he reacts to the DCs reacting to the eagles offense from last year. Always a cat & mouse game. More film on any player helps defenses. No matter who they are.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would disagree with you, Mcnabb had the ability to put a team on his back and win. Mcnabb's number if he had had just one ring are without a doubt hall of fame worthy. I would argue the Wade's team when we went 13-3 was certainly championship caliber and we only won 1 game in the playoffs. I'm truly a Romo fan but Romo can't be trusted in pressure situations in a high stake game.:L

I agree with everything but the "put a team on his back" comment, but if Romo wins one SB he is in the HOF also. Not sure what that proves. Neither guy as it stands today will be looked at as anything more than "good"

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think we forget how many other rb's touched the ball in philly last year......

less than i though under 100 for other rb's

thats with mccoy geting 317 and 50+ catches.....

This is why I didn't understand the move

I mean not saying it wont work..... but that's a hefty price tag for either someone that wont see the ball that much .....

OR

You are taking your BEST player off the field to get this guy touches.

If McCoy wass injury prone I could understand it ...... but he isn't

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't think anyone is dissing Foles really. I think he will be a successful QB. Also think he will have more success than RGIII.
No way he does his 29/2 ratio though.
I am interested in seeing how he reacts to the DCs reacting to the eagles offense from last year. Always a cat & mouse game. More film on any player helps defenses. No matter who they are.

No you aren't allowed to say that. Everything every Football team in history has ever done has been viewed, reviewed and scrutinized until other teams could find the best way to stop it or deal with it. But, apparently Foles and the Chip Kelly Offense are immune to this. Might as well just give them the SB every year...Philly fans never change...

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I will say about the McNabb Romo debate

Neither won shit.......

I will say for the most part McNabb never had the receivers ..... but he always had a top 5 running back and a defense
Romo has never had a top 5 running back ..... and since Parcels left ..... and Romo botched the field goal hold ...... The defense has choked in every playoff game and crunch game he's played in

That said I've never seen Romo fold up and PUKE with the game on the line

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not going to get into who is/was better. I do know both are very good QB's with the talent to win a SB. I just hope you are not putting the loss to Minnesota on Romo's shoulders.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always hard to say what a guy does on a different team and in a different situation
Well on the giants thing, just shows anything can happen in sports. Still don't think it was a superbowl caliber team. Still wasn't up to par of Mcnabb's Eagles team either.

As far as tough to say comment. This is true & always will be true when talking about what ifs & things that hadn't happened. But these are my beliefs. (nothing I can prove obviously)
Put McNabb on the Cowboy teams Romo has played for & he would be considered a bust. Romo's crazy style of play has won us more games than he has lost for us. Being the Cowboys however. anyone only looks at the losses. He takes a lot of blame for having to take a crap team on his back, while McNabb got the credit for having a killer team. Individual QB play I would take Romo's talent over McNabbs all day. They both have their flaws, but Romo can do more with less, than McNabb could. I have refrained from mentioning how horrible of throws McNabb often had while not under pressure, even in the flats, because it would just be countered with Romo's horrible passes. I would love to see what romo could do with a caliber of a team as the eagles were back then. & solid coaching to boot.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well so we don't just keep going back & forth with counter points.

We are in disagreement.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you aren't allowed to say that. Everything every Football team in history has ever done has been viewed, reviewed and scrutinized until other teams could find the best way to stop it or deal with it. But, apparently Foles and the Chip Kelly Offense are immune to this. Might as well just give them the SB every year...Philly fans never change...

Hyperbole is a sign of someone losing their argument. Have fun hoping that Foles crashes and burns just so you feel better about your teams chances.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyperbole is a sign of someone losing their argument. Have fun hoping that Foles crashes and burns just so you feel better about your teams chances.

I think Philly is a lock next season as much as I thought Washington was this past season.
no sure thing in philly at all in 2014. Foles has not arrived just yet.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd, seems I heard the same things out of Washington fans about RG3 last off season. But no Philly fans are right Foles is the greatest QB in NFL history.

What? Nobody says he is the greatest QB in history. Go read my post. I said Foles has a TON to prove. I also said maybe he just got on a roll like Vick did and then comes back to earth. I dont see ANY Eagles fan proclaiming he is great. I cant mention other sites on here but if you could see the biggest Philly board almost all Eagles fans are in agreement that he hasnt proven shit.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McNabb was always overrated.
McNabb played on a championship caliber team.
Romo never has.

Romo on McNabb's Eagles team definitely does better than McNabb did.

Go look at the 2001, 2002, 2003 Eagles. Is Romo taking James Thrash, Charles Johnson and Darnell Autry to the final 4 three straight years? Maybe so because I love Romo. I think he gets waaaaay to much of the blame but McNabb could put mediocre teams on his back and go deep into the playoffs.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I will say about the McNabb Romo debate

Neither won shit.......

I will say for the most part McNabb never had the receivers ..... but he always had a top 5 running back and a defense
Romo has never had a top 5 running back ..... and since Parcels left ..... and Romo botched the field goal hold ...... The defense has choked in every playoff game and crunch game he's played in

That said I've never seen Romo fold up and PUKE with the game on the line

Though I tend to agree with a lot youve said Twist, the bolded part I really disagree with. If you can watch that play again, Bruschi blitzed up the middle and hit McNabb hard with a helmet to helmet hit. McNabb has said that he thought he had a slight concussion that made him nauseous and he threw up. McNabb didnt fold up and puke.. In fact if you watch that drive after he threw up he lead Philly down the field and hit Greg Lewis on a beautiful 35 yard thread the needle touch down. PEOPLE NEVER MENTION THE FACT THAT AFTER HE THREW UP HE LED THEM ON A 85 YARD DRIVE FOR A TD.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And although you think both Romo and McNabb "never won shit", McNabb did win 9 playoff games. 9 playoff wins puts him in the class of Staubach, Aikmann, Peyton Manning, Steve Young. THe Eagles were just NEVER good enough to win the big one. Close... but thats only good in grenades and horse shoes.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And although you think both Romo and McNabb "never won shit", McNabb did win 9 playoff games. 9 playoff wins puts him in the class of Staubach, Aikmann, Peyton Manning, Steve Young. THe Eagles were just NEVER good enough to win the big one. Close... but thats only good in grenades and horse shoes.

Also puts him in the league of Marino and Fouts

Marino is probably the best I ever saw touch a football ..... as years pass and you have people that didnt actually see him play ..... they dont rank him that high.

McNabb will be looked at like Danny White( Who I thought was a good one too) Without a ring it's just the nature of the game and time that passes how players are viewed

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go look at the 2001, 2002, 2003 Eagles. Is Romo taking James Thrash, Charles Johnson and Darnell Autry to the final 4 three straight years? Maybe so because I love Romo. I think he gets waaaaay to much of the blame but McNabb could put mediocre teams on his back and go deep into the playoffs.
I don't remember McNabb losing game where the offense scored 45 points either.
This is what I cant stand when talking about individual QBs. You say McNabb won those games. Even though he has a kick ass Running back, dynamite Defense & an O-line.
Then say Romo hasn't won squat with his no running game, crap team all around, & the only reason people don't talk about how horrible the O-line has been in Romos career, is because of Romo capabilities to not get sacked. 90% of Romos career has been on a sup 500 team. Only reason they weren't finishing sub 500 was because of him.
McNabb didn't carry those championship teams. Just like Romo isn't the reason the Cowboys suck. (for our standards) Hell don't even give Romo the running game of the eagles or their O-line. Just give him the defense (& competent coaching) & this isn't even a conversation.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact that there is a solid argument that our 3rd or 4th best QB of the Super Bowl era is as good or better than Philly's best say's it all. To compare McNabb to Aikman, Staubach, Manning and Young is laughable. It's like me saying Tony Tolbert was better than Reggie White

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Nobody says he is the greatest QB in history. Go read my post. I said Foles has a TON to prove. I also said maybe he just got on a roll like Vick did and then comes back to earth. I dont see ANY Eagles fan proclaiming he is great. I cant mention other sites on here but if you could see the biggest Philly board almost all Eagles fans are in agreement that he hasnt proven shit.

Interesting. We say we want to see what the defenses do with film, a Philly fan stops in saying all the film in the world won't help. You agree, but instead of questioning the Philly fan you jump on us.

By the way granted I haven't read Foles is the greatest here there are two iggs fans where I work stating just that.