• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sproles to Philly

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..... just looked at Maclins last 3 years and he's averaged about 900 yards and 8 TD's a season. According to Arlington, that sucks for a number 2 WR????

Nick ...... Arlington is NateNewton1001 from ESPN

Do you expect anything thing other than off the wall statements for shock value from him?

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I want to find a negative in this move, I can't. Sproles is a player and it pisses me off that we have to face him twice. He makes big plays and there will be plenty of balls to go around in Philly for him regardless if McCoy is there. On the bright side, I believe Foles was a fluke and he won't be as lucky with turnovers next season.

You lost all credibility after this statement! Coming from someone who backs the biggest choke artist in the nfl today, its laughable!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lost all credibility after this statement! Coming from someone who backs the biggest choke artist in the nfl today, its laughable!

Most philly fans never had football credibility from the start.
no question in my mind more turnovers will be made and I'm also not sold on Foles just yet.

take your butt hurt feelings about statements made by cowboy fans on the cowboy chat board DOWN THE HALL

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not sure what our QB has to do with the statement he made about your QB.
Honestly what he said is one of the safest comments to make. So I don't know how he loses any credibility. He really didn't go out on to far of a limb with that statement.
I also am pretty sure Foles ends up with more than 2 INTs this season as well.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saying Foles season wasn't a fluke is no more credible than saying it was. It's simply an opinion. Let's see how well he plays now that defenses have some film on him and that offense.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why does that lack credibility? His turnover ratio was amazing. You think that was without at least some luck? I think your comment is the one that lacks credibility. I had a discussion with PE1 and everyone else after your last MVP type QB season about how that QB will never have a season like that again and really wasn't that great of a QB where everyone seemed to think he had finally "got it". Turns out i was right. I won't say Foles isn't going to be good, because he is so young and has already shown he has talent, but if you think last year was the "norm" you are going to be wrong IMO. He had a great year last year and is in a great system, stick with that and no one can say you were wrong.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most philly fans never had football credibility from the start.
no question in my mind more turnovers will be made and I'm also not sold on Foles just yet.

take your butt hurt feelings about statements made by cowboy fans on the cowboy chat board DOWN THE HALL

If you don't like his insult about Romo I probably wouldn't come back with a ridiculous statement like yours PDay. It puts you in the same league. There is a lot wrong with many Philly fans but they probably are the most knowledgeable sport fans in the country (especially football). That doesnt give every Eagle fan a pass but didn't SI do an article where Philly was #1 on the list of most knowledgeable fans. Assholes, YES... but also informed, for the most part. No one is completely sold on Foles just yet.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure what our QB has to do with the statement he made about your QB.
Honestly what he said is one of the safest comments to make. So I don't know how he loses any credibility. He really didn't go out on to far of a limb with that statement.
I also am pretty sure Foles ends up with more than 2 INTs this season as well.

Next topic.... It was a "safe comment" to say Foles "wilts under pressure"? How is that a safe comment. It was pretty ridiculous if you ask me. I agree on the more then 2 pics. He definitely got a few brakes and 1 or 2 called back because of penalties on the D which negated the pick off.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying Foles season wasn't a fluke is no more credible than saying it was. It's simply an opinion. Let's see how well he plays now that defenses have some film on him and that offense.

Teams had film on him after his first game, after his 2nd game, after his 3rd game, after his 4th game, after his 5th game, after his 6th game, after his 7th game, after his 8th game, after his 9th game. Each team has a ton of staff to break down any consistencies or inconsistencies threw out the season. Good teams can adjust at 1/2 time but every team can find patterns after 3 or 4 games in a heart beat. I dont think a summer of breaking down Foles or the Eagles O will change what teams all ready know.

Now does this mean Foles WONT take a step backwards this season? NO. Maybe he just got into a really great flow like Vick did during his great season and comes back to average, just like Vick. Foles has a lot to prove and most educated and objective fans are still very cautious about who he is. We shall see after another season or two. Foles in no way a certified stud. I'd say being "optimistic" is the best way to look at Foles.

Heres where I really disagree about film on the O. THere is nothing to figure out via film how to stop Philly. THe Patriots have run the same scheme for YEARS along with other teams. All it is, is a hurrry up spread offense. THere are good coaches who know how to best play against it. I guess what Im trying to say is people think Chip brought some fluke gimmicky offense into the NFL but it has all ready been run for years. Every once in a while he'll do something strange like last year when he had Lance Johnson and Jason Peters split wide at WR like they did against Dallas but its not like he does these ridiculous plays over and over. Philly is a smash mouth run the ball team first that likes to spread the field and pull safeties back with Deseans speed. Absolutely nothing gimmicky or new about the plays they run outside of 1 or 2 plays a game. What is film going to change? We've seen it for years with the Patriots and no one found a way to eradicate the scheme. They are a power run team that snaps the ball quickly. THey play a spread offense like MANY teams. Its like saying... Seattles D will be exposed when coaches watch film of the 4-3. The spread and the 4-3 has been around forever. Nothing gimmicky about either.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams had film on him after his first game, after his 2nd game, after his 3rd game, after his 4th game, after his 5th game, after his 6th game, after his 7th game, after his 8th game, after his 9th game. Each team has a ton of staff to break down any consistencies or inconsistencies threw out the season. Good teams can adjust at 1/2 time but every team can find patterns after 3 or 4 games in a heart beat. I dont think a summer of breaking down Foles or the Eagles O will change what teams all ready know.

Now does this mean Foles WONT take a step backwards this season? NO. Maybe he just got into a really great flow like Vick did during his great season and comes back to average, just like Vick. Foles has a lot to prove and most educated and objective fans are still very cautious about who he is. We shall see after another season or two. Foles in no way a certified stud. I'd say being "optimistic" is the best way to look at Foles.

Heres where I really disagree about film on the O. THere is nothing to figure out via film how to stop Philly. THe Patriots have run the same scheme for YEARS along with other teams. All it is, is a hurrry up spread offense. THere are good coaches who know how to best play against it. I guess what Im trying to say is people think Chip brought some fluke gimmicky offense into the NFL but it has all ready been run for years. Every once in a while he'll do something strange like last year when he had Lance Johnson and Jason Peters split wide at WR like they did against Dallas but its not like he does these ridiculous plays over and over. Philly is a smash mouth run the ball team first that likes to spread the field and pull safeties back with Deseans speed. Absolutely nothing gimmicky or new about the plays they run outside of 1 or 2 plays a game. What is film going to change? We've seen it for years with the Patriots and no one found a way to eradicate the scheme. They are a power run team that snaps the ball quickly. THey play a spread offense like MANY teams. Its like saying... Seattles D will be exposed when coaches watch film of the 4-3. The spread and the 4-3 has been around forever. Nothing gimmicky about either.

Odd, seems I heard the same things out of Washington fans about RG3 last off season. But no Philly fans are right Foles is the greatest QB in NFL history.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The book is yet to be written on Foles..........

But the Washington comparison is valid.

RG3's first year .... Low turnovers
Foles 1st year as a starter ..... Low turnovers

Watching a full season of film on a Qb goes a long ways in today's league so we will see

The more telling factor to me ........

I'm not a Chip Kelly fan ( not just cause he coaches Philly either)

I wanna see his offense PERIOD after teams study it for a year.

That Qb option crap the Skins ran ...... blown up after one year
The wildcat Miami ran .... blown up after 1 year

So I'm in the let's see mode

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The book is yet to be written on Foles..........

But the Washington comparison is valid.

RG3's first year .... Low turnovers
Foles 1st year as a starter ..... Low turnovers

Watching a full season of film on a Qb goes a long ways in today's league so we will see

The more telling factor to me ........

I'm not a Chip Kelly fan ( not just cause he coaches Philly either)

I wanna see his offense PERIOD after teams study it for a year.

That Qb option crap the Skins ran ...... blown up after one year
The wildcat Miami ran .... blown up after 1 year

So I'm in the let's see mode

Exactly.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I may defend Romo over here, but I won't defend him on the Eagles Board.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't like his insult about Romo I probably wouldn't come back with a ridiculous statement like yours PDay. It puts you in the same league. There is a lot wrong with many Philly fans but they probably are the most knowledgeable sport fans in the country (especially football). That doesnt give every Eagle fan a pass but didn't SI do an article where Philly was #1 on the list of most knowledgeable fans. Assholes, YES... but also informed, for the most part. No one is completely sold on Foles just yet.

Lets see.....I said most and come back with the word many.

as usual.........you just had to say something about nothing

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That ''choke artist'' is better than any QB Philly has had in the Super Bowl era. You talk about Romo's lack of Championships, but where are your entire FRANCHISE'S rings? Who have you had that's better than Romo? Jaws? Please. McNabb? Vick? No. Put Romo on some of those Eagles teams and yall might have one Super Bowl title by now

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mcnabb in his prime i'm sorry is imo a way better qb than Romo.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:
Mcnabb in his prime i'm sorry is imo a way better qb than Romo.

McNabb was always overrated.
McNabb played on a championship caliber team.
Romo never has.

Romo on McNabb's Eagles team definitely does better than McNabb did.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 and Foles aren't comparable..... RG3 success depended a lot on his ability to run and the option offense he was in. Foles success depends on his ability to get rid of the ball quickly, make smart decisions, accuracy and a spread out offense he is in. His skillset is not really something that goes away once you get "film on him". Fans in this division mention that because it is the only hope they got to think that Foles will be figured out and then your crap teams will have a shot. And you mention RG3 digressing after the "film on him" (could be more because of the injury), but I could point out numerous QBs that get better after their first year starting and continue to get better even teams have film on them. That excuse is a bad excuse. Find something else.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think we forget how many other rb's touched the ball in philly last year......

less than i though under 100 for other rb's

thats with mccoy geting 317 and 50+ catches.....