• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sproles to Philly

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that there is a solid argument that our 3rd or 4th best QB of the Super Bowl era is as good or better than Philly's best say's it all. To compare McNabb to Aikman, Staubach, Manning and Young is laughable. It's like me saying Tony Tolbert was better than Reggie White
:laugh3:

Its not laughable when you follow what I post. I said IN TERMS OF PLAYOFF WINS McNabb is in the same area as Young, Aikmann, Staubach, Young. READ BEFORE YOU POST!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Philly is a lock next season as much as I thought Washington was this past season.
no sure thing in philly at all in 2014. Foles has not arrived just yet.

Philly by no means is a lock. THey still have HUGE holes at Safety, CB, OLB, Guard/OLine depth, NT. THey are an improving team but I wouldnt be shocked at all if they went 7-9. We have no one to pressure the QB and a mediocre secondary. That is a recipe for disaster. As far as Foles... I wouldnt be shocked if there was a QB, that CHip has rated highly, being selected in the 1st round by Philly. Wouldnt be shocked at all.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyperbole is a sign of someone losing their argument. Have fun hoping that Foles crashes and burns just so you feel better about your teams chances.

Really genius? Lets debate what I have said on Foles. He had at least some luck with his turnover ratio and last year won't be the "norm" for who he is as a QB. I'm quite confident standing behind my comments. So you try to put me in a position of losing the argument on either one and then you go ahead and watch next year and see if he gets through it with 2 Ints..

You loud mouth jackasses are all the same. Just what exactly do you think your team has accomplished? You think anyone in the NFC East is scared of the Eagles or sees them as any different than their own team? Best part about being a fan of the Cowboys is that even though I know they won't be great next year, there are no NFC East teams that are better. Sorry you feel you are bordering on elite, but all you are is a Redskin fan from 2 years ago and we all know how that ended...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way PE1 before you get all upset I don't group you in with the loud mouth jackasses comment. You've always been more towards the side of objective in my book and right on cue, your last post proves just that...

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and lastly, as I said before, I dont think Chips offense will be foiled at all after a summer of film review. Other teams have been running it for years. Shit, the main thing Philly's Offense does is play smash mouth run the football. THats been around for 75 years in the NFL. THey also spread the field which has been around a decade too. It is all ready an established Offense. Chip hasn't really done anything innovative at all.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way PE1 before you get all upset I don't group you in with the loud mouth jackasses comment. You've always been more towards the side of objective in my book and right on cue, your last post proves just that...

I know that. I've respected your comments for a decade now. We dont always agree but this would be a total bore if all of us always agreed.

On a side note... I wouldnt write of the Skins either. RG3 clearly was hurt and they should have NEVER started the season with him. What made him special is his escapability which he didnt have last year. All they accomplished last season is screwed up RG3's confidence. Incredibly poor decision by their management to start him last year. I think RG3 comes back strong this year.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, Mcnabb had a running game,a defense and a great OL and still never won the big game. He choked. Romo had an overrated OL which got exposed over and over again in the playoffs. Let's not even talk about the defense that could never make a stop when it counted.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. He didnt have a running game in 2001, 2002 and 2003 when he went to the final 4.

2. He did NOT have a great OLine either. McNabb was sacked a ton in his career.

3. Romo didnt have an over rated OLine that got exposed over and over again in the playoffs because he hasnt been to the playoffs over and over again.

Its just stupid to say McNabb choked when he won 9 playoff games in his career. McNabb NEVER had the best team in the NFL to win the SB. We werent better then the Patriots in 2004.

One thing I do know is if Dallas doesnt find a young stud QB soon all of you guys will be missing Romo. To me, he is an excellent QB that threw some crucial pics cause he was trying to make a play. Romos stats just show you what a great player he is. But like McNabb, Romo never had the best team in the league.

I will always stick up for excellent players like McNabb and Romo. Neither team would be a good as they were without those two. I just hate all these fans across the country who throw these broad blankets over one player because they didnt win a SB. McNabb was a MVP runner up with tons of playoff wins, tons of pro bowls and tons of wins. Romo is a flat out star in the league and has always hovered around top 5 at his position. So many teams like the Jets, Jacksonville, Tampa, Oakland, Detrot, Minny, Cardinals, Panthers, Dolphins. Bills, Browns, Titans, Chiefs would KILL to have a QB like ROmo or McNabb. THere are 32 teams in this league an if all things were even, statistically you just have the best team in the league once every 32 years. And on top of that the best team doesnt always win it all. There are waaaaaay to many variables along a season to blame either Romo or McNabb for not winning a SB. You may call them chokers. I call them star players that just didnt have the best team and the little luck you need to go on and win the title.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2001 NFC championship loss McNabb sacked 3 times
2002 NFC Championship game McNabb sacked 3 times
2003 NFC CHampionship game McNabb sacked 5 times
2004 Super Bowl game McNabb sacked 4 times

2002 Super Bowl Brady sacked 1 time
2003 Super Bowl Brady sacked 0 times
2005 Super Bowl Brady sacked 1 time

TALK ABOUT AN OVER RATED OLINE. Tra Thomas and Runyan were good but the interior OLine was mediocre.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't like his insult about Romo I probably wouldn't come back with a ridiculous statement like yours PDay. It puts you in the same league. There is a lot wrong with many Philly fans but they probably are the most knowledgeable sport fans in the country (especially football). That doesnt give every Eagle fan a pass but didn't SI do an article where Philly was #1 on the list of most knowledgeable fans. Assholes, YES... but also informed, for the most part. No one is completely sold on Foles just yet.

sure PE1 is a peach. I say most and he counters with the word many and insults me

some of you guys really take this shit serious

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never once said anything about Foles TD/INT ratio or how it won't drop. I never once said that all the film in the world won't slow down Foles. Like I said, hyperbole is a sign of a losing argument. All I ever commented about is how it is stupid to compare the Eagles to last years Redskins or Nick Foles to RG3. It is, and the only reason you guys keep doing it is because that is what you are hoping for. It is a weak argument and more of a cop out, but hey..... What do I care.... You can continue to call me a loud mouth while foaming at the mouth because your points look stupid and I pointed them out. I bet you couldn't prove how the Redskins and Eagles are comparable though. I already disprove 2 comparable points (The style of QB and The system). I could point to the difference in talent on offense and players as well. Would that suffice? Could you counter it or just continue to call me a loudmouth?

How about we look at some other things...... How about we look at the fact that the Cowboys went 8-8 (for 3 years now?) and have done nothing but lose good players and essentially can't improve because of the crap cap management your owner does. Of course, you guys already know this deep down and that is why you are hoping for a Redskins like fail from the Eagles. Don't be bitter because I am speaking the truth. Although, I don't know how a Redskins like fail gives you hope because here is another truth for you, odds are the Cowboys aren't winning the division, even if the Eagles failed like the Redskins before.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never once said anything about Foles TD/INT ratio or how it won't drop. I never once said that all the film in the world won't slow down Foles. Like I said, hyperbole is a sign of a losing argument. All I ever commented about is how it is stupid to compare the Eagles to last years Redskins or Nick Foles to RG3. It is, and the only reason you guys keep doing it is because that is what you are hoping for. It is a weak argument and more of a cop out, but hey..... What do I care.... You can continue to call me a loud mouth while foaming at the mouth because your points look stupid and I pointed them out. I bet you couldn't prove how the Redskins and Eagles are comparable though. I already disprove 2 comparable points (The style of QB and The system). I could point to the difference in talent on offense and players as well. Would that suffice? Could you counter it or just continue to call me a loudmouth?

How about we look at some other things...... How about we look at the fact that the Cowboys went 8-8 (for 3 years now?) and have done nothing but lose good players and essentially can't improve because of the crap cap management your owner does. Of course, you guys already know this deep down and that is why you are hoping for a Redskins like fail from the Eagles. Don't be bitter because I am speaking the truth. Although, I don't know how a Redskins like fail gives you hope because here is another truth for you, odds are the Cowboys aren't winning the division, even if the Eagles failed like the Redskins before.

now Eagles fans are writing books on a Cowboys forum ???

I read none of that shit ..... I saw how long it was an knew someone needed to get laid and the fuck of a forum

Go get some pussy dude ......... I promise you ..... It wont kill you

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never once said anything about Foles TD/INT ratio or how it won't drop. I never once said that all the film in the world won't slow down Foles.

Did you say this? " *I could point out numerous QBs that get better after their first year starting and continue to get better even teams have film on them. That excuse is a bad excuse. Find something else."

I don't know how else to take it other than film doesn't matter.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't really have to hope for the Eagles fail. I just have to hope Romo and Lee can stay 100% next year. Odds are Lee probably won't, but he's due to play a full season at some point. With both of them, the Cowboys were as good and arguably better than the Eagles last year. They won in Philly last year without Ware. The Cowboys and Eagles really aren't that far apart regardless of how many players the Cowboys lost.

The salary cap argument to me is poor because most big time acquisitions in free agency don't work out like people think they will (Yes I know some do, but Super Bowls aren't won in free agency, I'm sure you know this). Super Bowls are won in the draft. The cap situation the Cowboys are in only hurts them if they can't sign who they draft this year. If that's not the case, then it's really not a big problem because the draft is where they need to improve anyway, not some middle-aged guys from the FA market who want to get paid.

The Cowboys have been mediocre in recent memory because they haven't done anything significantly after Round 3 in drafts. Their cap management isn't as big of a problem as is the poor draft selections after Round 3. The Cowboys always find a way to get around the cap situation. What they don't always do is hit on late draft picks. That is the problem and will be what I'm watching for this year. Guys like Richard Sherman were 5th round picks. Those are where SB winners are made.

If the Cowboys flounder (again) this year, it won't be because of their cap situation. It would be because of their poor selections in the late rounds of drafts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really have to hope for the Eagles fail. I just have to hope Romo and Lee can stay 100% next year. Odds are Lee probably won't, but he's due to play a full season at some point. With both of them, the Cowboys were as good and arguably better than the Eagles last year. They won in Philly last year without Ware. The Cowboys and Eagles really aren't that far apart regardless of how many players the Cowboys lost.

The salary cap argument to me is poor because most big time acquisitions in free agency don't work out like people think they will (Yes I know some do, but Super Bowls aren't won in free agency, I'm sure you know this). Super Bowls are won in the draft. The cap situation the Cowboys are in only hurts them if they can't sign who they draft this year. If that's not the case, then it's really not a big problem because the draft is where they need to improve anyway, not some middle-aged guys from the FA market who want to get paid.

The Cowboys have been mediocre in recent memory because they haven't done anything significantly after Round 3 in drafts. Their cap management isn't as big of a problem as is the poor draft selections after Round 3. The Cowboys always find a way to get around the cap situation. What they don't always do is hit on late draft picks. That is the problem and will be what I'm watching for this year. Guys like Richard Sherman were 5th round picks. Those are where SB winners are made.

If the Cowboys flounder (again) this year, it won't be because of their cap situation. It would be because of their poor selections in the late rounds of drafts.

This is what many fans don't understand. It doesn't matter what the other teams are. It matters what Dallas is. If were not good enough so be.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure PE1 is a peach. I say most and he counters with the word many and insults me

some of you guys really take this shit serious

Dude you are really acting strange for a long time now and you were never this way (and this isnt the first time I've said this). I keep seeing posts by you and wondering if you're the same PDay as from before because years ago I always looked forward to what you had to say because 99% of the time it was a top notch quality post. The other Eagles fan made a statement that you found to be ridiculous. Then you countered saying, "Most Philly fans never had football credibility from the start". I didnt insult you at all. I cant even remotely find anything I said wrong. When you reply to someones stupid statement (as you implied) with a post that can ABSOLUTELY NEVER be proven is just as ridiculous. How can you take that as an insult.

And heres my point on why I say your premise of most Philly fans having no credibility is wrong. They are perceived as the most knowledgeable in the NFL.

Go google the article on knowledgeable football fans. Philly came in 4th place out of 32 teams and Dallas came in 5th. Si Players Nfl Poll - 12.27.10 - SI Vault

Now look at another another article that has Philly fans as the most knowledgeable in the NFL. 1. Philadelphia Eagles | NFL's Top 10 Fan Bases | Comcast.net

This list names 4 and Philly fans are on that list The Talk: Most knowledgeable fans? - NFL - ESPN

This one has Philly #1 as the most passionate Ranking: The 10 Best Fan Bases in the NFL | Bleacher Report

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not laughable when you follow what I post. I said IN TERMS OF PLAYOFF WINS McNabb is in the same area as Young, Aikmann, Staubach, Young. READ BEFORE YOU POST!

Then what's the point of your post? We were talking about Romo vs McNabb and you pull out names like P Manning, Staubach, Aikman and Young.....In terms of Super Bowl wins, Trent Dilfer has more than Dan Marino.....OK, so what?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to get into who is/was better. I do know both are very good QB's with the talent to win a SB. I just hope you are not putting the loss to Minnesota on Romo's shoulders.

I'm not, but the sample size is large enough to understand that my last statements about Romo are true.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. He didnt have a running game in 2001, 2002 and 2003 when he went to the final 4.

2. He did NOT have a great OLine either. McNabb was sacked a ton in his career.

3. Romo didnt have an over rated OLine that got exposed over and over again in the playoffs because he hasnt been to the playoffs over and over again.

Its just stupid to say McNabb choked when he won 9 playoff games in his career. McNabb NEVER had the best team in the NFL to win the SB. We werent better then the Patriots in 2004.

One thing I do know is if Dallas doesnt find a young stud QB soon all of you guys will be missing Romo. To me, he is an excellent QB that threw some crucial pics cause he was trying to make a play. Romos stats just show you what a great player he is. But like McNabb, Romo never had the best team in the league.

I will always stick up for excellent players like McNabb and Romo. Neither team would be a good as they were without those two. I just hate all these fans across the country who throw these broad blankets over one player because they didnt win a SB. McNabb was a MVP runner up with tons of playoff wins, tons of pro bowls and tons of wins. Romo is a flat out star in the league and has always hovered around top 5 at his position. So many teams like the Jets, Jacksonville, Tampa, Oakland, Detrot, Minny, Cardinals, Panthers, Dolphins. Bills, Browns, Titans, Chiefs would KILL to have a QB like ROmo or McNabb. THere are 32 teams in this league an if all things were even, statistically you just have the best team in the league once every 32 years. And on top of that the best team doesnt always win it all. There are waaaaaay to many variables along a season to blame either Romo or McNabb for not winning a SB. You may call them chokers. I call them star players that just didnt have the best team and the little luck you need to go on and win the title.
:agree: I'm not an eagles fan, but I remember that early 2000's stretch when the Eagles basically dominated the NFC East. Yes Philly had an awesome Defense and a good running game. I would argue that West brook I think it was is more of a receiving running back like Sproles. Staley was a best between the Tackles. Other than Owens; Mcnabb never a wr worth a dime imo. To say Mcnabb was not the driving force of that team is just laughable to me. Mcnabb was able to make all the throws. Did he have some bad picks yeah he did, but look at his TD/INT ratio. To suggest Mcnabb is a okay qb means ppl just wasn't watching IMO.