• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sproles to Philly

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I posted every article I could find and one had Philly as the most educated, one had them as the most passionate and one asked four people who were the most knowledgeable and someone picked Philly fans. I think that shows that there is the belief that Philly is known for having one of the smartest fan bases. NO? THey might be speculation but why does every article on the net mention Philly? THere has to be some reason for that.

Well maybe I'm being unfairly questionable. All I have to judge by is from what I read on these forums. Mostly the mouse since not to many of you frequent SportsHoopla. I wonder why all those football smarts didn't rub off on McNabb?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never once said anything about Foles TD/INT ratio or how it won't drop. I never once said that all the film in the world won't slow down Foles. Like I said, hyperbole is a sign of a losing argument. All I ever commented about is how it is stupid to compare the Eagles to last years Redskins or Nick Foles to RG3. It is, and the only reason you guys keep doing it is because that is what you are hoping for. It is a weak argument and more of a cop out, but hey..... What do I care.... You can continue to call me a loud mouth while foaming at the mouth because your points look stupid and I pointed them out. I bet you couldn't prove how the Redskins and Eagles are comparable though. I already disprove 2 comparable points (The style of QB and The system). I could point to the difference in talent on offense and players as well. Would that suffice? Could you counter it or just continue to call me a loudmouth?

How about we look at some other things...... How about we look at the fact that the Cowboys went 8-8 (for 3 years now?) and have done nothing but lose good players and essentially can't improve because of the crap cap management your owner does. Of course, you guys already know this deep down and that is why you are hoping for a Redskins like fail from the Eagles. Don't be bitter because I am speaking the truth. Although, I don't know how a Redskins like fail gives you hope because here is another truth for you, odds are the Cowboys aren't winning the division, even if the Eagles failed like the Redskins before.

No way dude. Your not changing the discussion. You quoted me so deal with my points, not others. You are arguing things i never said and trying to act as if i did. Why don't i just write that you said Romo will never throw another TD in his life and then argue with you why he will? My points were his turnover ratio won't likely be the same and it's too early to say his season last year will be the norm. I never compared Foles to RGIII or the Eagles team to the Redskins team. So stay on point or go away. I don't make shit up, i don't talk out of my ass and I don't say shit about other teams just because their whiny ass fans keep showing up here unless I believe it. Also, I wasn't talking about the Cowboys. Foles won't have the same ratio and will be damn hard pressed to have as good of a year. You are changing the argument because YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE. You want to argue something else with someone else, go ahead. You want to write a book, go ahead. But history will eventually likely prove you wrong if you want to take a stance against my points and we can wait it out and see if you'd prefer.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No why don't you go back and read MY posts in this thread and then tell me you were wrong...and yes, you still seem the loudmouth to me...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, how many playoff teams did your powerhouse team beat last year...and don't forget the .500 GB Packers...this is why you guys are just like the Skins fans from last year whether you want to admit it or not. All of a sudden you guys come out of the woodwork with you chests pumped out. You are no different than them. Cocky as shit and still more concerned about the Cowboys than we are of you even though you want to write us off. Then why come here? Is there even an Eagle board on here? I wouldn't know because I never cared to look...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Go google the article on knowledgeable football fans. Philly came in 4th place out of 32 teams and Dallas came in 5th"

Well that right there proves the article is a bunch of crap. Half of what I read from Cowboy fans makes me wonder if the game they are discussing was their first...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because people were saying McNabb was a choker. I said McNabb has won as many playoff games or close to as many as Staubach, Aikman, Steve Young, etc etc. Meaning... a QB with this many playoff wins cant be considered a choker.

I really dont mean this as an insult to you. I dont think the younger generation was taught analogies, comparisons, cause and in effect in school. Again, this is not an insult but younger people in our country dont speak or argue with analogies any more and I dont think they understand them. Any of the old heads (plus 40 crowd) notice this??

I didn't take it as an insult, just your opinion. I always thought McNabb was a good QB, but from a non Philly(objective) point of view, McNabb is somewhere between Jim Kelly and Danny White. A good QB, but not an all time great. I think thats right where Romo is. The playoff wins McNabb had had as much to do with the talent around him as anything he did, IMO

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't take it as an insult, just your opinion. I always thought McNabb was a good QB, but from a non Philly(objective) point of view, McNabb is somewhere between Jim Kelly and Danny White. A good QB, but not an all time great. I think thats right where Romo is. The playoff wins McNabb had had as much to do with the talent around him as anything he did, IMO

Definitely not an all time great but was a perennial pro bowler. All time greats are perennial All Pros. I think later in his career it was the talent who helped him but in those early years 2001 to 2003 he had NOTHING on offense. He didnt have a 1000 yards RB, no stud TE and horrific WR's. He had two good tackles but the interior OLine sucked. He was absolutely incredible in those early years when he was thin and mobile with the cannon arm (not that accurate though)

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not an all time great but was a perennial pro bowler. All time greats are perennial All Pros. I think later in his career it was the talent who helped him but in those early years 2001 to 2003 he had NOTHING on offense. He didnt have a 1000 yards RB, no stud TE and horrific WR's. He had two good tackles but the interior OLine sucked. He was absolutely incredible in those early years when he was thin and mobile with the cannon arm (not that accurate though)

I think you're dead on about ''thin and mobile''. I never really got why McNabb progressed to the JTrotter look lol

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, how many playoff teams did your powerhouse team beat last year...and don't forget the .500 GB Packers...this is why you guys are just like the Skins fans from last year whether you want to admit it or not. All of a sudden you guys come out of the woodwork with you chests pumped out. You are no different than them. Cocky as shit and still more concerned about the Cowboys than we are of you even though you want to write us off. Then why come here? Is there even an Eagle board on here? I wouldn't know because I never cared to look...

I dont see any Eagles fans coming out of the wood work to proclaim the Eagles dominance. Maybe one and its sure as heck wasnt me. I think we are at least 2 excellent drafts away from being a top team. And I sure as hell didnt write of the Cowboys. In fact on another MAJOR Eagles board the majority of the Eagles fans are well aware we were one Romo injury away from losing week 17 and not making the playoffs. The Eagles seem to be on the upswing but they have too many holes (S, CB, OLB, DT, K). And especially the fact that we have no pass rush coupled with a mediocre secondary (and thats being generous). That combo really scares me coming into 2014.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're dead on about ''thin and mobile''. I never really got why McNabb progressed to the JTrotter look lol

I saw McNabb and his brother in Phoenix a few years ago and his brother was pushing 400 pounds. But a professional athlete making that much money should have taken better care of is body. What made him special is he could prolong plays and then hit teams REALLY deep. When he lost his escapability and had to rely on accuracy is when he crumbled.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw McNabb and his brother in Phoenix a few years ago and his brother was pushing 400 pounds. But a professional athlete making that much money should have taken better care of is body. What made him special is he could prolong plays and then hit teams REALLY deep. When he lost his escapability and had to rely on accuracy is when he crumbled.

:agree:

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way dude. Your not changing the discussion. You quoted me so deal with my points, not others. You are arguing things i never said and trying to act as if i did. Why don't i just write that you said Romo will never throw another TD in his life and then argue with you why he will? My points were his turnover ratio won't likely be the same and it's too early to say his season last year will be the norm. I never compared Foles to RGIII or the Eagles team to the Redskins team. So stay on point or go away. I don't make shit up, i don't talk out of my ass and I don't say shit about other teams just because their whiny ass fans keep showing up here unless I believe it. Also, I wasn't talking about the Cowboys. Foles won't have the same ratio and will be damn hard pressed to have as good of a year. You are changing the argument because YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE. You want to argue something else with someone else, go ahead. You want to write a book, go ahead. But history will eventually likely prove you wrong if you want to take a stance against my points and we can wait it out and see if you'd prefer.

Stop foaming at the mouth and take your time to read.

First of all, go read your reply (#63) this is a quote from you...... "Sorry you feel you are bordering on elite, but all you are is a Redskin fan from 2 years ago and we all know how that ended..." You clearly were comparing the Eagles to the Redskins.

2nd, This post that you are responding to me in and saying I quoted you, is not a quote from you. Sure, I mention some of the points that you made, but I was also explaining what I was doing in this thread initially, and was also mentioning points made by other Cowboys fans. That is why another Cowboys fan quoted this post, and why I didn't quote you with this response you are replying to.

Maybe if you learned to read, or comprehend what you are reading, you could understand that instead of thinking that I am just a loudmouth and get defensive because I posted in a thread about the Eagles on the Cowboys board.

The funny thing is, after this posts, you go on to talk even more about how we compare to the Redskins too. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. And no one on the Eagles board is talking about the Cowboys. Not one Eagles fan is worried about the Cowboys. You guys are talking about us, and what we are doing. We also aren't going around pumping our chest. You won't see any threads on our board or anywhere saying we won the East and we will again. You seem upset because our team is actually improving and the fact that our fans are defending a move our team made that we are happy about that your fans seem worried about by evidence of making a thread about it.

Keep foaming at the mouth though, while being worried about our team thinking we are worried about yours. lol

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First of all, go read your reply (#63) this is a quote from you...... "Sorry you feel you are bordering on elite, but all you are is a Redskin fan from 2 years ago and we all know how that ended..." You clearly were comparing the Eagles to the Redskins.

2nd, This post that you are responding to me in and saying I quoted you, is not a quote from you. Sure, I mention some of the points that you made, but I was also explaining what I was doing in this thread initially, and was also mentioning points made by other Cowboys fans. That is why another Cowboys fan quoted this post, and why I didn't quote you with this response you are replying to.

Maybe if you learned to read, or comprehend what you are reading, you could understand that instead of thinking that I am just a loudmouth and get defensive because I posted in a thread about the Eagles on the Cowboys board.

The funny thing is, after this posts, you go on to talk even more about how we compare to the Redskins too. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. And no one on the Eagles board is talking about the Cowboys. Not one Eagles fan is worried about the Cowboys. You guys are talking about us, and what we are doing. We also aren't going around pumping our chest. You won't see any threads on our board or anywhere saying we won the East and we will again. You seem upset because our team is actually improving and the fact that our fans are defending a move our team made that we are happy about that your fans seem worried about by evidence of making a thread about it.

Keep foaming at the mouth though, while being worried about our team thinking we are worried about yours. lol
Take this bullshit to the smack talk thread or we won't have to worry about reading this ignorant shit again

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see any Eagles fans coming out of the wood work to proclaim the Eagles dominance. Maybe one and its sure as heck wasnt me. I think we are at least 2 excellent drafts away from being a top team. And I sure as hell didnt write of the Cowboys. In fact on another MAJOR Eagles board the majority of the Eagles fans are well aware we were one Romo injury away from losing week 17 and not making the playoffs. The Eagles seem to be on the upswing but they have too many holes (S, CB, OLB, DT, K). And especially the fact that we have no pass rush coupled with a mediocre secondary (and thats being generous). That combo really scares me coming into 2014.

I've never been to any Eagles board. I go by who drops in here...and no, it wasn't you I was speaking of...The writing off of the Cowboys as if they aren't worth the Eagles time is the same thing we read all last year from the Skins fans. Point is no one here thinks the Cowboys are anything special. Some of us, just don't see anyone else in the division as being special either. I guess SOME Philly fans can't handle that part and get their feathers all ruffled when they read it. I'll give you another one. I'm not so sure Foles isn't still the #4 QB in the division. That's not a knock and it may be true. Don't forget I was the one telling you and others all last preseason that you would be better off playing Foles than Vick.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Foaming at the mouth? So now you think by portraying me as "angry" it makes me irrational and you right? You are still wrong. you are an idiot, but that doesn't mean I am even the slightest bit agitated. Why don't you try to read a little closer because you obviously still having problems comprehending. I never compared the Redskins to the Eagles. It was their fans I compared and I'm guessing I'll be doing it all off season. So again, reread what I wrote and then tell me one thing that was wrong and tell me where I compared the teams? you've said it about 3 times now so I'm sure it will be easy. I am responding to you because you brought me into it. You quoted me and then fabricated a little story about what I said. Like I said. Pump it out, just like the Skins fans from last year.

So again, tell me which point it was that I made that upset you so much that you felt you needed to rush over to the Cowboy board and come defend your team over...Come on, you must defend the flag. God forbid someone doesn't think the Eagles are the GB Packers of this era...

Last edited by a moderator:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been to any Eagles board. I go by who drops in here...and no, it wasn't you I was speaking of...The writing off of the Cowboys as if they aren't worth the Eagles time is the same thing we read all last year from the Skins fans. Point is no one here thinks the Cowboys are anything special. Some of us, just don't see anyone else in the division as being special either. I guess SOME Philly fans can't handle that part and get their feathers all ruffled when they read it. I'll give you another one. I'm not so sure Foles isn't still the #4 QB in the division. That's not a knock and it may be true. Don't forget I was the one telling you and others all last preseason that you would be better off playing Foles than Vick.

Well its obvious there is nothing very special about the Eagles except for maybe their run game but thats a small part of a big picture.

I cant tell you if Foles is the best or the worst in the division. For one year he definitely out played Manning, RG3 and probably Romo too. But as both Cowboys and Eagles fans have said he has a lot to prove.

THere is a thread on a major Eagles site right now stating, "Will the Eagles extend Foles?" I think we've been burned before to keep from be too excited.

Last edited by a moderator:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run game is special for sure because your line is great and you have an electric, quick, talented RB. How much I think of McCoy is exactly why I started this thread in the first place. Please don't confuse my comment with saying those guys were better than him last year...they weren't. Also, please don't confuse it with me saying he IS the #4 QB in the division as that is not what I said either. All I said was that I'm not sure at this point if he is #4 or not. We just haven't seen enough of him yet to tell. Eli has 2 SBs, Romo has put up #'s for years and both Foles and RGIII have put up a great year 1 with a surprising team and carried that team to a title. Let's see what those two do this year. For all we know the downfall of Eli has begun and with Romo's back and RGIII's knee it could be Foles by a mile...just not sure after 3/4s of a season...

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run game is special for sure because your line is great and you have an electric, quick, talented RB. How much I think of McCoy is exactly why I started this thread in the first place. Please don't confuse my comment with saying those guys were better than him last year...they weren't. Also, please don't confuse it with me saying he IS the #4 QB in the division as that is not what I said either. All I said was that I'm not sure at this point if he is #4 or not. We just haven't seen enough of him yet to tell. Eli has 2 SBs, Romo has put up #'s for years and both Foles and RGIII have put up a great year 1 with a surprising team and carried that team to a title. Let's see what those two do this year. For all we know the downfall of Eli has begun and with Romo's back and RGIII's knee it could be Foles by a mile...just not sure after 3/4s of a season...

I totally understood what you were saying! :agree: