• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Spring Games

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised that many people showed up at all with it being Easter weekend. Horrible weekend to schedule these games.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of people at the Auburn game. Not as many at the Bama game as usual, it seemed.

As for Texas, well we had a former WR/TE playing QB on one side, and a raw (should be red shirt freshman, but Mack felt the need to put him in a couple games last year to hand off)Tyrone Swoopes on the other.

Swoopes looked terrible at first, but settled down and ended up looking better than I've ever seen in his very limited time.

Highlights were Malcolm Brown at RB, who is a beast. And Malcom Brown at DT, also a beast. As for the rest, still very much a work in progress...

Malcolm Brown (DT version) is maybe the best in the country at his position - as a junior. He is virtually unblockable. Brown, Desmond Jackson, and Cedric Reed very well make up the best D-Line in the country this year. We will have our holes, but D-line won't be one of them. All 3 of those guys will be in the NFL next year.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malcolm Brown (DT version) is maybe the best in the country at his position - as a junior. He is virtually unblockable. Brown, Desmond Jackson, and Cedric Reed very well make up the best D-Line in the country this year. We will have our holes, but D-line won't be one of them. All 3 of those guys will be in the NFL next year.

DL isn't a worry. Texas had one of the best DLs in the country last year, but still had a bad defense. RB was tackled at or behind the LOS or he got 10+. Key was the safeties looked much improved. They were a lot more physical. If the back 7 plays well against the run, Texas will have a top 20 defense.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DL isn't a worry. Texas had one of the best DLs in the country last year, but still had a bad defense. RB was tackled at or behind the LOS or he got 10+. Key was the safeties looked much improved. They were a lot more physical. If the back 7 plays well against the run, Texas will have a top 20 defense.

I completely agree. I wrote that on our board too. Safety was our biggest concern coming in, but Thompson and Turner were all over the field making plays. Very very encouraged by that.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't believe our spring game was telivised, but was pleased with the 68,548 turnout.

hPmkTBE.jpg

Indeed. Things looking up for the Volunteers it seems. I like your coach, think he'll do well.

Also, the turnout at Auburn was big, plus Alabama had a lot of people. I didn't think quite as many as in the last few years, but I don't know. Still, a hell of a lot of people. College Football, Gawd I love it.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
73K for Bama. 70K for Auburn they say

Didn't seem like we had that many. I was there, a lot of people showed up late then left after 1 quarter. Both teams could have had a lot more if the games had been scheduled on a different weekend.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed. Things looking up for the Volunteers it seems. I like your coach, think he'll do well.

Also, the turnout at Auburn was big, plus Alabama had a lot of people. I didn't think quite as many as in the last few years, but I don't know. Still, a hell of a lot of people. College Football, Gawd I love it.

Please tell me y'all are gonna quit playing Rocky Top every 30 seconds. :hope: I kid, things are looking up for y'all. I think Jones will turn it around for Tennessee, he just doesn't need to do anymore ridiculous farm bureau insurance commercials....

EDIT: Should be directed to WestEndVol, I've had a long day.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3