• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring football!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be old news, but I only found today. There is a new league starting up that will be playing regular outdoor football in the spring/summer.

LIVE: Territorial Draft Tracker – MLFB

The talent level is obviously going to be lower than the NFL, as Stephen Garcia from South Carolina is apparently considered a "franchise QB", but it's football in the spring, not arena, actual normal regular football.

The above link is the draft tracker, you can find out who got drafted from your school.

It'll be televised on something called the American Sports Network. Have to figure out what that is and how to get it.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shit never works. The USFL had a shot and was signing top notch talent but then deciding to go head to head with the NFL in the fall killed them.

The Birmingham Stallions were awesome though!

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be old news, but I only found today. There is a new league starting up that will be playing regular outdoor football in the spring/summer.

The talent level is obviously going to be lower than the NFL, as Stephen Garcia from South Carolina is apparently considered a "franchise QB", but it's football in the spring, not arena, actual normal regular football.

The above link is the draft tracker, you can find out who got drafted from your school.

It'll be televised on something called the American Sports Network. Have to figure out what that is and how to get it.
Oh look, an alternative to college football. Someone alert ElJexan

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shit never works. The USFL had a shot and was signing top notch talent but then deciding to go head to head with the NFL in the fall killed them.

The Birmingham Stallions were awesome though!

One of the goals for this is to not compete with the NFL in anyway and to fill the gap of time where there is no football.

We'll see. Looks like it's a go for this year at least. Now I gotta figure out what team to pull for.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look, an alternative to college football. Someone alert ElJexan

Will be interesting to see if people go this route rather than JuCo when they don't qualify.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some rules that are different:

30 second gameclock
FG's that are more than 50 yards = 4pts.
Ground can cause a fumble

10 minute overtime, after 10 minutes they start doing college football type from the 10 yard line and force 2 pt conversions.

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 or 7 years ago, there was plans for a league which would feature teams drafted from certain schools. I forget the name, but that had potential interest from the college football fans. As an example, the Birmingham team would only have players from Bama and Auburn. I think they had plans on a Bama, Georgia, Florida, Michigan, Ohio, California and Texas team.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Thomas will be the QB for 1 team.

Queue @OregonDucks nutswinging.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 or 7 years ago, there was plans for a league which would feature teams drafted from certain schools. I forget the name, but that had potential interest from the college football fans. As an example, the Birmingham team would only have players from Bama and Auburn. I think they had plans on a Bama, Georgia, Florida, Michigan, Ohio, California and Texas team.

This seems to be something like that, they call it territorial something, but it's not that strict I guess. They only have 8 teams to start and I can't even find the team names or what cities they will be yet. But they have coaches and players drafting right now.

The_Jer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The MLFB, which is not affiliated with the NFL or with any college conferences, is targeting eight cities for its first season, when each team will play 10 games and four will make the playoffs. It has letters of intent from six cities to act as hosts — Akron, Ohio; Eugene, Oregon; Birmingham, Alabama; Orlando, Florida; Little Rock, Arkansas; Norfolk, Virginia — and is in discussions with five others for the final locations, with games likely to be played in college stadiums."

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this seems so sketchy.

1. What is the American Sports Network as I've never heard of it.
2. They haven't even announced the cities yet but are drafting players already.

I don't think this thing sees the light of day.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The MLFB, which is not affiliated with the NFL or with any college conferences, is targeting eight cities for its first season, when each team will play 10 games and four will make the playoffs. It has letters of intent from six cities to act as hosts — Akron, Ohio; Eugene, Oregon; Birmingham, Alabama; Orlando, Florida; Little Rock, Arkansas; Norfolk, Virginia — and is in discussions with five others for the final locations, with games likely to be played in college stadiums."
I live in Birmingham and haven't heard a peep.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legion field could use the money.
You have no idea how bad a dump it has become. The "Football Capital of the South" should have been torn down 20 years ago.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no idea how bad a dump it has become. The "Football Capital of the South" should have been torn down 20 years ago.

I hadn't set foot in Legion Field since the '96 Olympics...they put lipstick on the pig for that, and I can't imagine it has gotten better in the last 20 years.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the station that carries it. I guess you can use this to find out if it's in your area.

Schedule | American Sports Network

Small tip, don't hit the search button after putting in zipcode, just click the games below and it will show up top what channel it's on if it's available in your area.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

with a draft and everything?

God bless ya sir

Al-Bundy-GIF.gif

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I would rather they just have actual spring games against other teams or something like that. Have Michigan play Grand Valley or something like that.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I would rather they just have actual spring games against other teams or something like that. Have Michigan play Grand Valley or something like that.

I would rather see the MAC/Sunbelt/CUSA ect.. Wise up and play their seasons in the spring but until that happens.... I'll take this