• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spider-Man Leaving the Marvel Cinematic Universe ... Update: He's Back!

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Lassie would do better than Eisenberg.

Heck. Cryer is doing a better job in the Arrowverse...

Well Eisenberg is technically playing Lex Junior so he’s not the Lex Luthor we all know from the lore.

They could always bring in an established name to play his father if it comes to that.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But MCU's influence did make them better movies though. The Andrew Garfield movies Sony did prior to MCU taking over were just not that good. I think that's what's got people the most upset. They made Spider-Man fun again. I'm not sure Sony can replicate that by themselves
Sure they can but it will take discipline to stick to the formula put in place and pay Big to keep the writers and director in the fold.

This version of Spider-Man is fleshed out you just need to keep yourself from jumping the shark. The first 2 they did with Toby Mcquire were good movies. Into the Spiderverse the animated movie was really good and a huge surprise. I haven't seen Venom so I can't comment on it.

Potentially they have three properties they can expand and if done well they will be very profitable. They could also throw Spiderwoman and Blackcat in the mix and have the potential for more. Spider-Man has plenty of rich characters to explore.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvel already milked everything they could from the MCU we all saw what the next phase of marvel movies are. They know if they want to keep making Venom movies they will eventually need to have Spider-Man. I don't see how they will make anymore avengers movies with a dead iron man and old captain America. To be honest and this is just my opinion stand alone Spider-Man movies in the MCU are overrated. Far from home was just ok and so was homecoming, Spidermans best moments in the MCU was his chemistry with Iron man.

I think a lot of spidersmans financial success is due to other characters roles in the movie like Nick Fury, Iron Man, and any possible reference they can make from the avengers movies.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of spidersmans financial success is due to other characters roles in the movie like Nick Fury, Iron Man, and any possible reference they can make from the avengers movies.
I think it has more to do with the fact that he fits into a bigger story...but he really doesn't. Spiderman was big in the Civil War storyline in the comics, but not really as much in the movie. He showed up and was Stark's little toy...

Spiderman can survive without the Avengers. They can go into the clones, more Spiderverse stuff, they can tie in Venom (which I thought was good).

I have faith.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it has more to do with the fact that he fits into a bigger story...but he really doesn't. Spiderman was big in the Civil War storyline in the comics, but not really as much in the movie. He showed up and was Stark's little toy...

Spiderman can survive without the Avengers. They can go into the clones, more Spiderverse stuff, they can tie in Venom (which I thought was good).

I have faith.

Yeah and whats getting overlooked is that a Spider-Man movie with Ed Hardy, Tom Holland, Woody Harrison (carnage) would be a money maker.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spider-Man Needs to Be White and Straight, Say Leaked Sony Emails

yeah...I'm team Sony.

They saw the foresight for the upcoming new garbage Thor movie and the crappy job the "woke" marvel comics did and protected their top asset.
it says Peter B Parker needs to be white, not Spiderman.

Spiderman just needs to be heterosexual

The agreement spells out that mandatory Spider-Man traits must always strictly conform to the following list: male; does not torture; does not kill in defense of self or others; does not use foul language beyond PG-13; does not smoke tobacco; does not sell/distribute illegal drugs; does not abuse alcohol; does not have sex before the age of 16; does not have sex with anyone below the age of 16; and is not a homosexual (unless Marvel has portrayed that alter ego as a homosexual).

The Peter Parker character traits include: his full name is Peter Benjamin Parker; he is Caucasian and heterosexual; his parents become absent from his life during his childhood; from the time his parents become absent he is raised by Aunt May and Uncle Ben in New York City; he gains his powers while attending either middle school or college; he gains his powers from being bitten by a spider; he designs his first red and blue costume; the black costume is a symbiote and not designed by him; he is raised in a middle class household in Queens, New York; he attends or attended high school in Queens, New York; and he attends or attended college in New York City.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and whats getting overlooked is that a Spider-Man movie with Ed Hardy, Tom Holland, Woody Harrison (carnage) would be a money maker.
that could be really fucking awesome.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whatever, man

I am not going to get into it with your bigotry. It isn't worth it.

I hate everyone.

Infinity war should’ve been the end of the marvel universe.

good guy wins.

Bad humans get what they deserve

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate everyone.

Infinity war should’ve been the end of the marvel universe.

good guy wins.

Bad humans get what they deserve
k

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you can’t handle the truth.

I can tell.
no one is forcing you to continue to watch them.

if you want, Endgame can be the end of it for you.

sorry you can't handle a female Thor like they had in the comics.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one is forcing you to continue to watch them.

if you want, Endgame can be the end of it for you.

sorry you can't handle a female Thor like they had in the comics.

you mean the one that bombed?

only proving my initial point for why sony did it?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean the one that bombed?

only proving my initial point for why sony did it?
what is your point there? Did you read the article?

Peter Parker must be white

Spiderman must be straight

where do you see Sony or Marvel wanting to change that? That is how it is in the comics.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Spiderverse Kingpin better anyways...

although that Green Goblin is pretty badass as well...
I'd agree. Spiderverse Kingpin was more true to the character. Daredevil turned him into a big fat pile of autism.