• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What If...?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Trash” is a bit harsh, imho, but I was completely not impressed.

I will finish the season, but it certainly has to improve for me to bother with a potential S2.

idk... it was basically a half hour version of the Captain America movie... and in the MCU rankings thread, many of us ranked that movie near the bottom... so, were we expecting much from this story??

hopefully the others are more interesting stories... I still stand that captain america is the lamest superhero out there... so, a british femail captain, is not much better...

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they are imitating the art form from the earlier comics
So far to sat Meh would be being generous.
Episode #2 was just that.......They went to far to make it lame

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they are imitating the art form from the earlier comics
So far to sat Meh would be being generous.
Episode #2 was just that.......They went to far to make it lame

episode one, as bad as it was actually asked an interesting what if...

the second asked a what if that nobody ever would ever ask... it was more of just a love story written to chadwick boseman... and if that was the point of it, then it was fine... but it was not a really good story...

what it really said, is if there was no black panther, and he was star-lord then there would be no need for the avengers or the Guardians of the galaxy...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like if I was into this Id already just be reading comics right now instead. Maybe thats just me.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
episode one, as bad as it was actually asked an interesting what if...

the second asked a what if that nobody ever would ever ask... it was more of just a love story written to chadwick boseman... and if that was the point of it, then it was fine... but it was not a really good story...

what it really said, is if there was no black panther, and he was star-lord then there would be no need for the avengers or the Guardians of the galaxy...
Except that Quill would have been unprepared for his meeting Ego, and Earth would have been destroyed.

Tchalla becoming SL would have been good for the Galaxy but bad for earth and ultimately, probably worse for the galaxy (an unchecked Ego/Peter team up may be worse than Thanos alone)

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The series is getting better. Eps 3 and 4 were the best so far.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ep4 was cool but I feel like it needed something clever at the end. The nature of the show just lets it play out to it's logical conclusion. That's not really why I watch a TV show, tbh. It certainly looked cool, though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eps 3 and 4 were definitely much better than eps 1 and 2. But what was the end of ep 4? They were stuck in a pocket for all eternity? Why? They should have just flashed out of existence. Where did the concept of a pocket universe come from? What did I miss?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eps 3 and 4 were definitely much better than eps 1 and 2. But what was the end of ep 4? They were stuck in a pocket for all eternity? Why? They should have just flashed out of existence. Where did the concept of a pocket universe come from? What did I miss?
I thought they did fade out of existence eventually. They were pretty fast and loose with time. Strange did have the ability to basically stop time and live within stopped time for decades. He did that in the library. In theory he should be able to make a flash last a really long time.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i thought three was the only interesting one... because it was an actual what if that we would all ask.. but it copped out at the end by saying all would be fine because captain Marvel would have been called back to earth earlier...

4 was decent, but the question was not one anyone cared to ask...

1 was bad, but the question was good...

2. was just bad

3. best question, best story

4. Bad question but decent story

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought three was the only interesting one... because it was an actual what if that we would all ask.. but it copped out at the end by saying all would be fine because captain Marvel would have been called back to earth earlier...

4 was decent, but the question was not one anyone cared to ask...

1 was bad, but the question was good...

2. was just bad

3. best question, best story

4. Bad question but decent story
But what was the “question” in 3? “What if Pym went psycho and killed all the Avengers?” Not a realistic question, imho. Not with the Pym that has been established in the MCU. And Hope being an agent of SHIELD in that universe also came out of left field. Too many convenient changes, based on nothing, to give it too much credit. Showing Pym in the Yellowjacket suit was cool, but it should have come later in the “real” MCU timeline and had more build up, even if Ultron was not the catalyst, instead of a simple fan-service in an animated pocket 30 min tv episode (And the whole “Don’t worry, Cpt Marvel will save the day anyway” ending was bad on so many levels).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was like a zombie movie checklist without understanding why people watch zombie movies. I think I caught a zombieland part, a last of us part, and a dawn of the dead part

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was like a zombie movie checklist without understanding why people watch zombie movies. I think I caught a zombieland part, a last of us part, and a dawn of the dead part
I am Legend as well.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am Legend as well.

i agree... the zombies almost felt force...

I am getting very confused by these what ifs, and who they are targeted to... if it was targeted to comic geeks they would have taken actual stories from the what if comics...

if it is targeted to marvel universe fans, then you would think they would do better at story telling since Marvel has generally done a great job...

if it was targeted to children-like most cartoons are- then it shouldnt be as dark as it has been...

these feel to me like half assed stories where they just wanted to give the marvel universe actors something to do during covid times... these are all just not good...

hope it gets better and they do actually interesting what if questions... and if one of its purposes was to bring in mutants... then do that already!!!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen I am Legend or read Omega Man but I am familiar with the main idea.

I actually do think a 'what is the Zombie Apocalypse started in Ant Man and the Wasp' is a fairly interesting 'What If' but I feel like it would've started with that Ghost villain getting out of there and getting the word out. Flesh that character out. She probably would've been ok joining up with the Avengers if they would've helped her out with her phasing 'problem' and the Avengers would've known what they are up against.

The idea of Tony Stark being a front line soldier in a zombie apocalypse is amusing. He'd be in a bunker somewhere having robots take everything out.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, a legitimately good episode of 'What if'

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, a legitimately good episode of 'What if'

I actually really liked the last ep too. It's a nice change of pace to mix up all the doom-and-gloom eps with one that is just fun.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t watched the latest ep yet. I will later tonight, probably.

But last week’s episode had a bunch of tie ins to Sheng Siu. The main baddie in last weeks episode was either the same baddie from Sheng Siu or one of its siblings.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was that at the end? Adam Warlock?