• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spider-Man 3: No Way Home (2021)

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also wanna add.

That while I knew the 3 spidey team up was coming(we all did) my expectations were blown away. I thought they would be in it briefly and help with the battle.

Nah, these were roles.

Garfield absolutely fucking nailed it. He’s always good in whatever he does(usually a dumb weird movie) but he was incredible in this.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garfield absolutely fucking nailed it. He’s always good in whatever he does(usually a dumb weird movie) but he was incredible in this.
He is really solid, it was not his fault his two movies were a mess.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also wanna add.

That while I knew the 3 spidey team up was coming(we all did) my expectations were blown away. I thought they would be in it briefly and help with the battle.

Nah, these were roles.

I saw it with 2 of my sisters, both of whom avoided all trailers and spoilers, so they did not know about ANYTHING coming in. They were blown away when the other Spidies showed up.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it with 2 of my sisters, both of whom avoided all trailers and spoilers, so they did not know about ANYTHING coming in. They were blown away when the other Spidies showed up.

Gonna be honest here...I avoided all spoilers (thankfully) and went into this movie fully green...but after seeing Doc Ock and the hint of Green Goblin in the trailer, it was pretty guessable that the other Spideys were gonna make an appearance.

Great movie.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be honest here...I avoided all spoilers (thankfully) and went into this movie fully green...but after seeing Doc Ock and the hint of Green Goblin in the trailer, it was pretty guessable that the other Spideys were gonna make an appearance.

Great movie.
They are both familiar with the MCU, but they don’t know it THAT well. I am not certain they recognized Ock or Osborne. Neither had any idea who Matt Murdoch was.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are both familiar with the MCU, but they don’t know it THAT well. I am not certain they recognized Ock or Osborne. Neither had any idea who Matt Murdoch was.
Catching the brick scene was pretty epic.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s a bit of a logic hole at the end.
Of course. That’s the problem with introducing magic and mysticism into the universe. You can do anything you want with no restrictions whatsoever. It is kinda the Mary-Sue of plot devises.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reminded of the post-credit scenes on the “other board”…

I haven’t seen Venom 2 yet, so I didn’t fully understand what was going on with the first scene, but it was good enough. It actually makes me want to go back and watch V2.

The second scene, though, was very frustrating. Granted, these scenes are really just veiled ads for upcoming movies, but they do tend to add SOMETHING to the overall story. This one dropped all pretense and was just an in-your-face ad/trailer.

Worst post-credit-scene yet.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reminded of the post-credit scenes on the “other board”…

I haven’t seen Venom 2 yet, so I didn’t fully understand what was going on with the first scene, but it was good enough. It actually makes me want to go back and watch V2.

The second scene, though, was very frustrating. Granted, these scenes are really just veiled ads for upcoming movies, but they do tend to add SOMETHING to the overall story. This one dropped all pretense and was just an in-your-face ad/trailer.

Worst post-credit-scene yet.

The Venom scene kinda sorta maybe makes sense. Eddie Brock shouldn't know who Peter Parker is, so there's no reason for him to be brought into the universe. But Venom, the symbiote, has knowledge of things across all kinds of universes. They said as much in a few throwaway lines here or there. So that's why he's there. But then it doesn't make all that much sense then why Eddie/Venom then get pulled back to their own timeline but a part of the symbiote remains. I guess they'll just handwave it away saying its immune to magic or whatever. I mean its already knowledge of all kinds of universes so its clearly its on some wonked up comic book logic anyway. What sucks more about the scene is it mostly implies Venom/Brock in the MCU won't be played by Tom Hardy

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome movie... Loved it.

One question:
Some of the characters returning to their universes still died, right? For example, Doc Ock still has to drown the machine to prevent the destruction of NY.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome movie... Loved it.

One question:
Some of the characters returning to their universes still died, right? For example, Doc Ock still has to drown the machine to prevent the destruction of NY.

Maybe they get sent back to a time before the major fights. Like most things comic book time travel/magic wise, its best not to think about it too much

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance Maguire or Garfield get to helm another movie in their franchises after the unparalleled success of this movie?

Doing an “Old-Man-Parker” take with Maguire could be interesting. Maybe as he mentors a young Miles Morales?

Maybe explore Garfield as he “doesn’t pull his punches”.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who thought this movie was dumb?

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who thought this movie was dumb?

images

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally ended up seeing this. It really shows how much they messed up the new Star Wars movies because functionally at the end of the day this was still a movie where all the baddies got together in a cg spectacle in a construction zone but they got all of the characters right. Its great that they let Holland and Zendaya basically carry the first half of the movie and still had confidence to actually let the old crew take over. Everyone nailed their part except maybe Foxx who seemed a bit too aware of the fact that he wasn't the main villain.

Maybe not the best superhero movie ever but it's the best Spider-Man movie.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This honestly feels like one of the luckiest movies ever. Holland and Zendaya didn't strike me as a great potential couple in the first movie. Her snark and negativity didnt mesh well. But they're like actually a couple. They built a first act of the movie around some very relatable high school experiences. Social media is annoying and damaging. College can make or break your future and sometimes you can't take your relationships with you. The chaotic start of the movie was more like Birdman than a typical superhero movie. I also think that Holland's ad libbing in Infinity War maybe gave him some extra screen time here to emote. There is a surprising amount of time given to the main couple just simply having emotions to the point where this is the closest thing I've seen to a date movie in awhile. As much as I like all of the callbacks for the Gen X and Millennials, its the Zoomers who are probably going to love this movie the most I suspect.

Even if they didn't get Miles Morales in this one. I think it was the right call to leave him out. The message of the third act was to give closure to all of the old movies and I thought they did a great job. Miles also already got his multiverse movie and his own Playstation game and will likely team up with Parker in the next PS game. I think Morales getting the video games and animated movies is a good way to let Holland play out the next movie or two with Venom before starting a new Morales arc that doesn't need the typical origin story that Im sure Spider-man fans are kinda done with.

Imo, Holland > Toby > Garfield but Garfield getting the dive to save MJ is honestly one of the coolest things they did in the new movie. Garfield more than held his own. Just having all of these actors being in the movie so long after they were popular really does enhance every other movie that these guys were from to create a meaningful total package.

Its probably not as good of a movie as something like Logan but its a way better comic book movie. I think its better than Endgame although I dont think its as fun as Infinity Wars or Winter Soldier. I dont think its as good as the Nolan Batman movies. So...my 5th favorite comic book movie? Thats fairly high.