• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spider-Man 3: No Way Home (2021)

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved the movie. Hated the ending

I think it had to be done as a way to reset the movies. If there really is gonna be a Spider-Man 4-6 with Tom Holland I think you couldn’t top where they were at with all the crossovers and multi-verse stuff.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it had to be done as a way to reset the movies. If there really is gonna be a Spider-Man 4-6 with Tom Holland I think you couldn’t top where they were at with all the crossovers and multi-verse stuff.

It basically makes everything he’s been apart of right now meaningless.

I’m almost certain they will reset it back and it was more of a cliff hanger.

Starting from scratch would be brutal

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

God forbid a character actually has character development.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God forbid a character actually has character development.

Wait, so to have character development the character needs everyone else to forget their existence.

Shit, Scorsese, Spielberg, Anderson and every other legend has been doing it wrong forever.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, so to have character development the character needs everyone else to forget their existence.

Shit, Scorsese, Spielberg, Anderson and every other legend has been doing it wrong forever.

The character had to make a selfless decision. What could be more selfless than giving up everyone you care about?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The character had to make a selfless decision. What could be more selfless than giving up everyone you care about?

I didn’t say it wasn’t selfless. I said it was an ending I didn’t like.

Liking that ending does not correlate with liking character development.

Shit, Spidey over the course of Toms run hasn’t exactly lacked character development to begin with.

So again, I don’t like the ending as it stands.(I’m sure it’ll be like infinity war and be undone by next movie).
It actually diminishes his previous character development and interactions

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not so. He still did everything. His involvement in everything has simply been wiped from everyone’s minds. Happy still Met Mae through Spider-Man. He just doesn’t make the link as to why she and Spidey know each other anymore. Everyone still saw him “kill” Mysterio. They just don’t remember that he was unmasked afterward.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where did anyone say that is the only path to character development? It is simply the path for development chosen for this character by these writers.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. He had to give up MJ, Ned, Happy, the Avengers…

Everything…

To keep the multiverse from collapsing.

Even after he was wiped from everyone’s memories, he saw that Ned and MJ were “better off” with him out of their lives, so he decided to not remind MJ about the truth, even though she specifically told him to remind her. He made the decision to step away a second time. This time for personal rather than inter-dimensional reasons. He is (right now) choosing the path of the lone-wolf over the path of the team player.

This will absolutely be addressed in future movies, though. The whole reason they won the fight against the Sinister 6 (Sinister 5? Sinister-4?) was because he coordinated the teamwork between the Spidies-3. He will need to remember that in order to heal in future movies.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for my overall take on the movie…

I disliked (over-statement) the first act. The SFX were cheesy and just there for fake, cheep laughs and cheers. The casting of the spell was too imbecilic to be believable in any way. Daredevil’s appearance was a bit underwhelming, but I dont think that is the last we will be seeing from him.

The second act was really good (for the most part). I didn’t understand why Sandman STARTED by helping Peter out, only to go bad again for no real reason, than his final heel turn joining the S6 made zero sense. But he was kinda a throw-away character in his first run anyway, so I am OK with that. Doc Oc’s redemption was great and Goblins character was explained better in this movie than any of his previous performances. Defoe absolutely nailed it.

Finally, the third act was fantastic. I was a bit “perturbed” because I had a bunch of kids in the theater where I was watching and the cheering and clapping every time anything epic happened made me miss some stuff (when Garfield and Maguire appeared, when the 3 jumped off the roof together…), but those were kick ass scenes, so I get it. I would have liked for Maguire to make some quick, veiled reference to the Spidey-verse to confirm that was him in the Miles Morales movies, but that was expectedly too much to wish for. Garfield’s redemption in saving MJ was well delivered.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did anyone say that is the only path to character development? It is simply the path for development chosen for this character by these writers.

He didn’t.

And where did I say I hated the ending because of character development

Let’s try and keep it intelligent here.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so. He still did everything. His involvement in everything has simply been wiped from everyone’s minds. Happy still Met Mae through Spider-Man. He just doesn’t make the link as to why she and Spidey know each other anymore. Everyone still saw him “kill” Mysterio. They just don’t remember that he was unmasked afterward.

Well that an his connection with Tony is gone.

And apparently he’s the only Avenger that all the Avengers won’t actually know the identity of.

And I guess happy was driving around a strictly masked spidey now.

And all the development between Peter and MJ and Ned to this point is gone.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that an his connection with Tony is gone.

And apparently he’s the only Avenger that all the Avengers won’t actually know the identity of.

And I guess happy was driving around a strictly masked spidey now.

And all the development between Peter and MJ and Ned to this point is gone.
Yup.

I assume everyone has a magical block preventing them to be curious why none of that stuff makes sense.

This is the type of stuff that happens when you deal with magic and mysticism, and why I dreaded Strange’s introduction into the MCU. There are no rules, so there are no restrictions. Nothing that happens has to make sense.

Granted, getting bitten by spider and getting super powers as a result makes no sense, but it still has rules that need to be followed in the story telling. Magic provides an easy out to any plot-wall that arises.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

I assume everyone has a magical block preventing them to be curious why none of that stuff makes sense.

This is the type of stuff that happens when you deal with magic and mysticism, and why I dreaded Strange’s introduction into the MCU. There are no rules, so there are no restrictions. Nothing that happens has to make sense.

Granted, getting bitten by spider and getting super powers as a result makes no sense, but it still has rules that need to be followed in the story telling. Magic provides an easy out to any plot-wall that arises.

Yeah and mostly all of that is why I didn’t like it. I get it, we are not exactly talking about a universe built on realism but this is a bit too much for me.

Basically if everything still happened. We are almost supposed to assume Spidey just stayed masked the whole time. Like MJ and Ned were involved in all the battles but don’t know the guy? Ha.

I’m with you about Strange and the magic. It’s been my worry for a while with how everything is going. Obviously even endgame featured a big reversal but that was more solidly plot driven.

Going forward I don’t love the fact that things can always be chalked up to magic. And I’ll always be more of a Spidey/Iron Man/Cap type movies than too much space and time shit. But I still watch.

Like I said, I still loved the movie and I’m sure this will be handled well once more comes. But as an ending I didn’t like it. Woulda liked something more teasing a Hobgoblin Ned or something. I really liked where Spidey was at with his relationships and those developments. Definitely no problems with anyone liking the ending we got

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was awesome. Really cool way to incorporate all the movies together. It fit way better than I thought it would. And that scene with the 3 Spideys all talking on the SoL about webbing, their craziest fights, etc, lol that was great.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was awesome. Really cool way to incorporate all the movies together. It fit way better than I thought it would. And that scene with the 3 Spideys all talking on the SoL about webbing, their craziest fights, etc, lol that was great.
“Does it JUST come out of your wrists, or…”

”NO! Just my wrists.”

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t stop thinking of Defoe’s performance. It likely won’t happen, but I am thinking he deserves a supporting Actor nom.

Again, it won’t happen, but he really did do an AMAZING job.