• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spider-Man 3: No Way Home (2021)

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was hilarious that the 2 new spidermen asked the original Tobey the rather obvious question...Uh, is that coming out of you? Like...just your hands?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

images
Me and the misses saw it and we busted out laughing in the parking lot because of how bad it was. A big part of it probably has to do with both of us thinking the current phase of the MCU is just dumb as hell. I thought Endgame was terrible, but infinity war was great. The time travel and different dimensions just isn’t appealing to us. It allows for lazy writing in many ways.

I wasn’t really a fan of any of the performances except for maybe Defoe.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This honestly feels like one of the luckiest movies ever. Holland and Zendaya didn't strike me as a great potential couple in the first movie. Her snark and negativity didnt mesh well. But they're like actually a couple. They built a first act of the movie around some very relatable high school experiences. Social media is annoying and damaging. College can make or break your future and sometimes you can't take your relationships with you. The chaotic start of the movie was more like Birdman than a typical superhero movie. I also think that Holland's ad libbing in Infinity War maybe gave him some extra screen time here to emote. There is a surprising amount of time given to the main couple just simply having emotions to the point where this is the closest thing I've seen to a date movie in awhile. As much as I like all of the callbacks for the Gen X and Millennials, its the Zoomers who are probably going to love this movie the most I suspect.

Even if they didn't get Miles Morales in this one. I think it was the right call to leave him out. The message of the third act was to give closure to all of the old movies and I thought they did a great job. Miles also already got his multiverse movie and his own Playstation game and will likely team up with Parker in the next PS game. I think Morales getting the video games and animated movies is a good way to let Holland play out the next movie or two with Venom before starting a new Morales arc that doesn't need the typical origin story that Im sure Spider-man fans are kinda done with.

Imo, Holland > Toby > Garfield but Garfield getting the dive to save MJ is honestly one of the coolest things they did in the new movie. Garfield more than held his own. Just having all of these actors being in the movie so long after they were popular really does enhance every other movie that these guys were from to create a meaningful total package.

Its probably not as good of a movie as something like Logan but its a way better comic book movie. I think its better than Endgame although I dont think its as fun as Infinity Wars or Winter Soldier. I dont think its as good as the Nolan Batman movies. So...my 5th favorite comic book movie? Thats fairly high.
I saw some rumors that they will give Garfield another movie or two after the success of this one. Interesting that they might have 2 Spidey franchises going at once (3 if you count the Spideyverse movies)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me and the misses saw it and we busted out laughing in the parking lot because of how bad it was. A big part of it probably has to do with both of us thinking the current phase of the MCU is just dumb as hell. I thought Endgame was terrible, but infinity war was great. The time travel and different dimensions just isn’t appealing to us. It allows for lazy writing in many ways.

I wasn’t really a fan of any of the performances except for maybe Defoe.
I am hoping Defoe gets a supporting actor nom from this. He blew me away.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The time travel and different dimensions just isn’t appealing to us. It allows for lazy writing in many ways.
Its definitely something that should be used in moderation. Its also one of the reasons I mentioned that Zoomers will have a higher opinion of this movie than older people watching it. The stuff that relates to younger people is more timeless than the closure to the old movies which require a significant amount of 'movie logic' to happen.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally saw this movie... thought it was very good... but did have some major problems with it...

1. Just because the previous movies never talked about it doesnt mean it didnt happen, this really bothered me with the Tom Holland Spider-man, as they skipped the origin story... i just assumed that it was going to be a similar origin to what has always been... Like the whole uncle ben and With Great power comes great responsibility... But he had to learn all that with aunt May passing?? so late in his Superhero tenure??

2. my other major disappointment was how the movie ended... how he let everyone forget about peter parker... well, this only works fine if there are more movies with tom Holland as spiderman... i dont want a depressing end for him...

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally saw this movie... thought it was very good... but did have some major problems with it...

1. Just because the previous movies never talked about it doesnt mean it didnt happen, this really bothered me with the Tom Holland Spider-man, as they skipped the origin story... i just assumed that it was going to be a similar origin to what has always been... Like the whole uncle ben and With Great power comes great responsibility... But he had to learn all that with aunt May passing?? so late in his Superhero tenure??

2. my other major disappointment was how the movie ended... how he let everyone forget about peter parker... well, this only works fine if there are more movies with tom Holland as spiderman... i dont want a depressing end for him...

Oh there will be more...Hell...
Ned making a villain turn might be the greatest role reversal for an actor of all-time

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ned making a villain turn might be the greatest role reversal for an actor of all-time

Im still hesitant on if said actor can even pull it off.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does it matter?? he wears a mask anyway... pretty easy to hide your "ACTING SKILLS" under a mask

Well there is still line delivery.

And what villain stays masked the whole time anyways? Just about none of them. Marvel is really good at casting their villains, because typically you want one of the stronger actors possible in the role.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there is still line delivery.

And what villain stays masked the whole time anyways? Just about none of them. Marvel is really good at casting their villains, because typically you want one of the stronger actors possible in the role.

sure, but generally masked villains in movies dont get unmasked until the end... so any acting until then you have to assume he would still be acting as the good weak kid that he has been....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn’t heard that rumor. Is that actual out there or just a “wish” you have for the character?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn’t heard that rumor. Is that actual out there or just a “wish” you have for the character?

There were lots of hints of it during the movie. And now they are not best friends anymore.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were lots of hints of it during the movie. And now they are not best friends anymore.
I was not familiar with his comics storyline. Now I am.

As for what has been hinted at in the movies, I see them maybe having him join the sorcery guild (whatever it is called in the MCU), but I don’t see them hinting at anything from his comics background. Maybe have MJ substitute for Becky? That might open the door, but I think they were more hinting at MJ not being 100z wiped, so I don’t really see them muddying that character arc.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not familiar with his comics storyline. Now I am.

As for what has been hinted at in the movies, I see them maybe having him join the sorcery guild (whatever it is called in the MCU), but I don’t see them hinting at anything from his comics background. Maybe have MJ substitute for Becky? That might open the door, but I think they were more hinting at MJ not being 100z wiped, so I don’t really see them muddying that character arc.

The hints were obvious. IMO. Especially when he asked Toby if he had a best friend. That was the big hint IMO. And now that he has no memory of Peter, his best friend he may not have been pushed to the good side.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hints were obvious. IMO. Especially when he asked Toby if he had a best friend. That was the big hint IMO. And now that he has no memory of Peter, his best friend he may not have been pushed to the good side.
I wasn’t watching for those, not having any idea about his potential future.

I will watch for them next time I watch, though.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got the movie on Blu-ray yesterday. Genuinely enjoyed. Lotta questions about the whole “multiverse” stuff and how it works, but it’s probably better that they didn’t try to explain too much and left it more up to the viewers imagination.

Only plot issue I had was Tom-Spidey getting a murder boner for goblin, Andrew-Spidey throwing him the anti-serum, then just being, “nah, I’ll just cure him instead.” And that was it for goblin. He’s cured. Tom-Spidey doesn’t hate him anymore. What?

Anyway, my favorite cameo was probably Matt Murdoch. Now Spiderman movies just need more Frank Castle.

I’ll give this movie a solid A. Very entertaining. Pretty much exactly what I want out of a comic book movie. Only other gripe is them using the post credits screen on a trailer. I’m used to seeing fun extra scenes at the end. I’d rather them do nothing at the end of the credits than make me sit through a trailer.