• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sox win in extra, lose 2 closers: Bruins destroy Leafs

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A beef I had with The Godfather movies was that they didn't remotely get into the character's heads like they do in the book.

The key scene at the end of the movie and the book... Where Michael swears to Kay that he'll tell her the truth just this one time about his affairs... and she asks him if he really arranged the murders of those men... He looks her in the eye and lies to her.

In the book, they tell you that Kay can tell that he's lying to her, and she would never trust him the same again in her life. It's a huge part of the story as it completes Michael's transformation from the character at the beginning to the guy he becomes at the end.

and in the movie.... you get none of that. And that would have been a HUGE piece of the storyline to godfather 2... and it never materializes...

Just one example.

-

good points, but movies can never be as deep or as detailed as the book, but the first two Godfather movies, particularly the second, are about as perfect a piece of film-making as has ever been done. When the Godfather book came out, everybody was reading it. It was great.

The Sicilian was pretty good too.

He had another one all about Vegas, decent.

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Fuck

WORCESTER — Tucked in the basement of a Beechmont Street home, federal authorities found a dungeon. It contained a child-sized homemade coffin, a steel cage, torture devices and butchering tools.

The devices were there so 40-year-old Geoffrey R. Portway could sexually abuse, torture, murder and cannibalize children, a federal prosecutor contends.

The horrific details of Mr. Portway's online chats and attempts to persuade another man to kidnap a child were detailed as Mr. Portway pleaded guilty yesterday to charges of solicitation to commit a crime and possession and distribution of child ****ography.

Mr. Portway, of 31 Beechmont St., who handed out Ziploc bags containing full-sized candy bars to children on Halloween, faces up to 27 years in federal prison. His sentencing is scheduled for Aug. 2 in U.S. District Court in Worcester.

(click link for more)

Worcester man with dungeon in basement pleads guilty to child **** - Worcester Telegram & Gazette - telegram.com

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubie to the pen

Webster to start tomorrow:suds:

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOLOL

I'll tell ya because nobody in their right minds will pick him

J.A. Happ

GO JAYS !

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright im out

ALSO ... better than the book .... "The Last Of the Mowhikans" (the one with Daniel Day Lewis)

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A beef I had with The Godfather movies was that they didn't remotely get into the character's heads like they do in the book.

The key scene at the end of the movie and the book... Where Michael swears to Kay that he'll tell her the truth just this one time about his affairs... and she asks him if he really arranged the murders of those men... He looks her in the eye and lies to her.

In the book, they tell you that Kay can tell that he's lying to her, and she would never trust him the same again in her life. It's a huge part of the story as it completes Michael's transformation from the character at the beginning to the guy he becomes at the end.

and in the movie.... you get none of that. And that would have been a HUGE piece of the storyline to godfather 2... and it never materializes...

Just one example.

Well done and well acted movies, which GF 1 and 2 clearly are, don't need to tell you these things. The audience knows from the actions and reactions of the actors/characters.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there ever been a time when bouncing a guy from pen to starter back to pen has worked?

Actually Schilling started as a SP and stunk went to BP and wasnt very good then become a SP again and the rest is history:suds:

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Schilling started as a SP and stunk went to BP and wasnt very good then become a SP again and the rest is history:suds:

then he was a RP for a bit again then back to starter(with the Sox)