• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sources: LeBron James giving Anthony Davis the No. 23 with Lakers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought it was strange that James would want 23. I'd get it growing up, but when you are anointed the next great thing, why would you copy that from the previous one?

Probably has more to do with that being the number they've had all of their lives. When a kid shows himself to be as good as guys like Lebron and AD, the coach will usually give them their pick of numbers first.

As kids they pick it because it was MJ's or whoever's number. Then, by the time they get to the pro's, they think of it as their number.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Yeah, I'd imagine the decision between soda and beer took about a half second of thought.

Wasn't even a health decision for me. I just didn't feel like soda really quenched my thirst. I just drink water or iced tea now.

I’d choose soda over beer. Not a popular opinion but I don’t like beer, it gives me a weird buzz. Not really an alcohol fan in general, but if I want a buzz, I do hard liquor. You’re right soda is terrible for you and I’m trying to cut it out.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d choose soda over beer. Not a popular opinion but I don’t like beer, it gives me a weird buzz. Not really an alcohol fan in general, but if I want a buzz, I do hard liquor. You’re right soda is terrible for you and I’m trying to cut it out.

I really don't drink much alcohol at all anymore. I prefer weed. Less filling. lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't drink much alcohol at all anymore. I prefer weed. Less filling. lol

What kinda marijuana, dirt weed? And no alcohol or pop for me.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopped drinking soda years ago. I inadvertently got my wife and son off of it too.

After I stopped drinking it, I decided buying it was a pain in the ass. So, I got my wife and son a Soda Stream machine. Now they had unlimited soda.

Took about 6 months, but they got sick of soda. My son doesn't drink it at all and my wife only drinks it when we go to a movie and even then it's only occasionally.

I think we ended up selling the Soda Stream at a yard sale. lol
So hopefully here getting your wife into bed doesnt depend her drinking, :lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never smoked weed, never did alcohol or drugs and I have cut back my soda to small drinks. A Person can still do some things in moderation and lose weight. Lost 3 pounds this month. My goal is another 40 in the next year

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as of now I hope its true

:pound:

Loosen up those custom Homer Goggles. Through 15 full seasons LeBron averages more points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, has a better FG% & 3 point %. And has hit more game winners.

Do you think Kobe's the bestest Laker ever?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Loosen up those custom Homer Goggles. Through 15 full seasons LeBron averages more points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, has a better FG% & 3 point %. And has hit more game winners.

I'll say yes...just so's i can start some shit up here...:heh:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kobe is a better FT shooter though

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, Michael Jordan was the all time greatest ever and quite frankly - I still think Magic Johnson, Kareem, Larry Bird, and a few others were better. Kobe was a great individual player, but a selfish one, wasn't a very good passer, took too many shots and not a great team player. LeBron is a great team player and is almost as good as Kobe was on isolation, but I do think he has lost a few steps in the last few years. What makes Kobe better in my eyes is Kobe was simply a better closer. Sorry man, but I put both Kobe and LeBron below Jordan, Magic, Kareem, Larry to say the least

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Michael Jordan was the all time greatest ever and quite frankly - I still think Magic Johnson, Kareem, Larry Bird, and a few others were better. Kobe was a great individual player, but a selfish one, wasn't a very good passer, took too many shots and not a great team player. LeBron is a great team player and is almost as good as Kobe was on isolation, but I do think he has lost a few steps in the last few years. What makes Kobe better in my eyes is Kobe was simply a better closer. Sorry man, but I put both Kobe and LeBron below Jordan, Magic, Kareem, Larry to say the least

Kobe's a better closer yet LeBron's hit a better % of game winning shots. Alrighty then. And I never said anything about MJ, Magic, KAJ & Larry. Odd you'd even mention them. Especially since I asked where do you have Kobe ranked as an all time Laker only & you mentioned MJ & Larry & didn't answer my question.:pound:

So do you have Jellybean Bryant as the # 3 all time Laker?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe's a better closer yet LeBron's hit a better % of game winning shots. Alrighty then. And I never said anything about MJ, Magic, KAJ & Larry. Odd you'd even mention them. Especially since I asked where do you have Kobe ranked as an all time Laker only & you mentioned MJ & Larry & didn't answer my question.:pound:

So do you have Jellybean Bryant as the # 3 all time Laker?

LeBron hit a better shot % because he took less shots - Kobe was fed the ball at the last minute when nothing well worked and it was down to needing a miracle shot - The % of shots made doesn't correctly tell the truth.

And I did answer your question - No Kobe is the best ever in the NBA - Michael Jordan would be that and then Magic Johnson and Kareem and possibly Larry Bird. As I said Kobe and LeBron are down lower than some of the others. Since their time the game has been pussified, so I am not confident that LeBron could take the beating that Jordan dished out.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron hit a better shot % because he took less shots - Kobe was fed the ball at the last minute when nothing well worked and it was down to needing a miracle shot - The % of shots made doesn't correctly tell the truth.

And I did answer your question - No Kobe is the best ever in the NBA - Michael Jordan would be that and then Magic Johnson and Kareem and possibly Larry Bird. As I said Kobe and LeBron are down lower than some of the others. Since their time the game has been pussified, so I am not confident that LeBron could take the beating that Jordan dished out.

"No Kobe is the best ever in the NBA"

You really mean this? If so wow.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"No Kobe is the best ever in the NBA"

You really mean this? If so wow.

My bad, I meant to say Kobe is Not the best ever. Not even close to be honest and as I have said before, Michael Jordan was better, Magic Johnson was better, Kareem Adbul-Jabbar was better as was Larry Bird. Todays players could never handle the rough games those guys handed out.