• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sources: Browns nearly traded with 49ers for Jim Harbaugh

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
very true. Good post but with the players we have we should be in the Top 8 at least. It seems like Roman goes away from the run game when we get to the redzone (examples Super Bowl last drive and the last drive of seattle game.) They like to go for it all right away.

To Roman's credit (which I hate to say, cuz I'm not a Roman fan at all) he has figured out that the roll out to the left designed run for Kap has had some success... But he needs to expand that craftiness, and look for an occasional pass out of that design... Hell, if you have Kap you could almost run an option in that situation with Hunter... One of my favorite offensive plays of all time was Steve Young running the naked bootleg, he was able to run or pass out of it with tremendous success... This is something they should be using with Kap more frequently (I think I've seen them run it once or twice before)... Going back to Deep's point that Kap needs to improve his short passing game, you can also make the argument that Kaps mobility gives Roman a ton of options, but with that said, things still seem to be extremely vanilla in the RZ...

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jim Harbaugh - C - 49ers

A source with inside knowledge of the 49ers told the San Francisco Chronicle that coach Jim Harbaugh's "act has worn thin" inside the team's locker room, particularly among "face of the 49ers" type players.

The 49ers have been able to overcome the friction due to winning, but the Chronicle's Ann Killion suggests "a few losses could expose a widening rift." This is the first report of players having problems with Harbaugh. To this point, it's only been reported that Harbaugh doesn't get along with GM Trent Baalke. It's becoming very clear 2014 will be Harbs' final year with the 49ers.
Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Mar 2 - 3:35 PM

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah, what the hell

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Harbaugh - C - 49ers

A source with inside knowledge of the 49ers told the San Francisco Chronicle that coach Jim Harbaugh's "act has worn thin" inside the team's locker room, particularly among "face of the 49ers" type players.

The 49ers have been able to overcome the friction due to winning, but the Chronicle's Ann Killion suggests "a few losses could expose a widening rift." This is the first report of players having problems with Harbaugh. To this point, it's only been reported that Harbaugh doesn't get along with GM Trent Baalke. It's becoming very clear 2014 will be Harbs' final year with the 49ers.
Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Mar 2 - 3:35 PM

Jed Yord really pissed PFF off they just aren't going to quit with this.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck PFT and their bullshit. Their act is what has grown stale- not Harbaugh's.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when rumors like this come out. Its all false because there is no name connected to it. This is like TMZ shit.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um Kawakami was reporting it last season with the Harbs/Baalke tension. PFT just added the Browns part which was confirmed by Haslam. Other local beat guys have reported it and now Killion is as well. I don't get the hatred towards Florio, he is doing his job and doing it well. Harbaugh might not be around long. It is what it is.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are just bad writers or reporters that make up stuff. Name your source. Only type of a player that might say something is a player not on the team anymore or a player that sees no action.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
These are just bad writers or reporters that make up stuff. Name your source. Only type of a player that might say something is a player not on the team anymore or a player that sees no action.

These hacks believe Lamichael James and Brandon Jacobs are key players that are the "face of the franchise". What a crock.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would they name their source? They wouldn't have anything to report anymore if they did. All these writers didn't need to name sources. York and Haslam confirmed they talked about Harbaugh. So keep living in denial and paranoia over reporters trying to rip apart your team.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Anyone know what Romanowski just stated on ESPN? Twitter posts saying he reported 49er defensive vets will leave if Harbaugh remains coach. FML.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they name their source? They wouldn't have anything to report anymore if they did. All these writers didn't need to name sources. York and Haslam confirmed they talked about Harbaugh. So keep living in denial and paranoia over reporters trying to rip apart your team.

Kaepernick, and apparently now Harbaugh, are apparently are off limits. Just kidding, Purguy.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know what Romanowski just stated on ESPN? Twitter posts saying he reported 49er defensive vets will leave if Harbaugh remains coach. FML.

Don't know the context of what he said. Did he say it as a report or as an opinion? If a report, the players can just tweet that it isn't true. When people tweet that it isn't true, it all goes away. ;)

Seriously though, it sounds like a softball to refute. Any defensive veteran with twitter would easily tweet that they are with Coach or love the Niners too much or whatever. You wouldn't get the opposite if true. In fact, even if true, you might get the public support comments. They're not always true like Incognito's assertion that Martin and he were friends. ;)

If it's just Romanowski stirring shit or stating a genuine opinion of what players would or will do, then it should be taken as such.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm not sure what context it was in either...at what point do some 49ers players or coaches issue a response to this evolving storyline that Harbaugh is on his way out due to inability to work together? If this thing keeps growing legs, staying silent isn't going to make it go away.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what context it was in either...at what point do some 49ers players or coaches issue a response to this evolving storyline that Harbaugh is on his way out due to inability to work together? If this thing keeps growing legs, staying silent isn't going to make it go away.

It isn't going away until contract negotiations finish up. I see three options:
1) He gets an extension before the season starts
2) We win a Super Bowl next year and then he gets an extension
3) No extension; he coaches out this season and then we trade him in the final season of his current contract

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't going away until contract negotiations finish up. I see three options:
1) He gets an extension before the season starts
2) We win a Super Bowl next year and then he gets an extension
3) No extension; he coaches out this season and then we trade him in the final season of his current contract

4) We don't win the SB and we don't extend and Harbaugh leaves for a year - either goes back to college for a year before coming back to another team or just takes it off.
5) We don't win the SB this year and we don't extend and he sucks it up and coaches. ;)

What if we don't win for reasonable reasons? Like if Kaepernick is doing well the first 8 games, gets injured (more than a concussion this time, of course)? Knock on wood as I don't want that, but what if? Does Harbaugh keep his job, put off that evaluation of keeping him one year and lose him FA or trading him?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4) We don't win the SB and we don't extend and Harbaugh leaves for a year - either goes back to college for a year before coming back to another team or just takes it off.
5) We don't win the SB this year and we don't extend and he sucks it up and coaches. ;)

What if we don't win for reasonable reasons? Like if Kaepernick is doing well the first 8 games, gets injured (more than a concussion this time, of course)? Knock on wood as I don't want that, but what if? Does Harbaugh keep his job, put off that evaluation of keeping him one year and lose him FA or trading him?

If Harbaugh the QB Whisperer doesn't have a capable backup in place of his choosing then the axe might drop on him.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I certainly don't think he needs to win a SB to get extended, but he may need to win it to get the sort of contract he may be looking for. We've had three great seasons, but the last two at least have ended with some real questions about game management that plagued us through the season and reared their head once again in our playoff losses. Delay of game preceded Kap's lost fumble this past year, and the TO/would-be delay against Baltimore wiped out a play that looked like it had a great chance of scoring the go-ahead TD.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly don't think he needs to win a SB to get extended, but he may need to win it to get the sort of contract he may be looking for. We've had three great seasons, but the last two at least have ended with some real questions about game management that plagued us through the season and reared their head once again in our playoff losses. Delay of game preceded Kap's lost fumble this past year, and the TO/would-be delay against Baltimore wiped out a play that looked like it had a great chance of scoring the go-ahead TD.

Don't forget, they'd have been one and done if the GB safety doesn't drop the pick that was right in his hands on the final drive.