• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sources: Browns nearly traded with 49ers for Jim Harbaugh

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nantz believes Lombardi orchestrated near trade for Harbaugh | ProFootballTalk

More rubbish from PFT. So ridiculous. Here's what the article's based on:

“I’ve never had this discussion with Mike. But, you know, this whole thing about Jim Harbaugh being entertained by the Browns . . . you know that was Mike being the one trying to execute that,” Nantz told Tony Grossi of ESPNCleveland.com. “That’s one of his closest friends, Jim and John Harbaugh. [Jim was] first brought into the NFL by Mike Lombardi. That was a real out-of-the-box move, just like the [Brian] Hoyer thing. That actually had a pulse. I think that was closer than we ever . . . . Can you imagine had they pulled that one off?”

Upon which, PFT draws this conclusion:

Ultimately, it resulted in nothing. But as time passes it becomes more and more clear that there was much more to the story — despite the aggressive, knee-jerk, categorical denial the 49ers initially leaked to NFL Media.

Nantz is adding literally nothing to the conversation. He's basically saying, "I heard this was true and, if it was true and if he pulled it off, it would have been a good move for Lombardi." And PFT reads that as showing there is "much more to the story" than what's already out there? Ummmmmm....okay. Do editorial staffs even exist today?

Last edited by a moderator: