• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sources believe Deshaun Watson may have played last snap with Houston Texans

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look Sportster, I'm not such a Cousins fan as you are and that's ok. I'm a WASH football fan and while some players have played in DC since I became an intent fan ('76) and left the organization, I don't follow them as much as players who are on the team I root for. Yes I play FFB in several leagues which makes following different players alot of fun. I would say it has been a bit easier following former Skins players (and for the most part hope they ALL do well after leaving) but once they are gone, I don't root for them. I rooted for KC as hard if not harder than other Skins fans and while he had personal issues with management about resigning a LTD, signing several tags etc, he made his money here for being a good QB. I have followed him a bit in MINN and while he has put up good numbers (he always seems to do) with outstanding talent around him, (talent he never had in WASH) the team in MINN results with Cousins has been underwhelming. Since he was a former Skin, I'm happy to see he still puts up good numbers however, QB's are measured by playoff wins/SB wins. Perhaps if Cousins can win 1 or 2, he goes up that list of respected QB's because he will then have numbers and SB victories, we shall see. Not trying to change your narrative or words. :suds:
He has a lousey defense and a crap kicker much like he had in DC

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is I am not knocking Watson. I like him and agree he is a very, very good QB. I just wanted to know the difference in how they were referred to. Still haven't heard a reason and don't really need to. If folks engage in my conversation they do so of free will.

Someone forgot who Watson had in Houston until this year. Someone forgot how many Super Bowls Watson won while blaming another guy for not winning any. The excuses are hilarious. No worries, I said I would be a PIA for the next few years and I have kept my promise. :D

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is fine. We all have our beliefs. I used stats for my arguement. It doesn't mean I am right but it does mean they played very close to equally over the last three years. My original post said why is one guy considered great by many here while the other is considered average. No matter what anyone thinks of either player they played about the same except for the edge to Watson's ability to run.

There is no way to prove who would win more games if both played for the Skins. That is an opinion and something that is not measurable. Cousin's wins a lot more games if his D doesn't give up over 400 points. But the same can be said for Houston. Points for 430-384 Minnesota, points against 475-464 with Minnesota giving up the most.

So my question stands ... how is one guy great and one guy average or slightly above average? They are essentially the same guy in stats and record.

You want evidence I can't provide. Even what you're using, stats n records don't make for a complete story. As Kirk has had better skillset players to work with. I just think Watson is a top tier QB n KC is not. Cuz is a good QB, but Watson is a better one. If both were working with the same thing. Watson would come up with better results imo. The one thing I give Cousins over Deshaun hands down is durability.

This article does a better job of explaining things than I can. And as things keep trending in this direction, or if they do, and I believe they will. Watson is one of the few players worth trading multiple pieces for who can give you back a full return and more.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a tweet on Twitter that said for the most part. Stafford has had his fill of disappointment n dysfunction in the Motor City. The tweet also made it seem, whether real or just wishful thinking I don't know. That Stafford dropped a "Don't forget about me, man." notice on Mayhew just before MM headed towards Washington way.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to this article, Watson wants to play for Saleh and the Jets.

If that’s the case and the Jets acquire Watson, then Darnold could be in play for the WTF.

For minimal cost, I would kick the tires on Darnold.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to this article, Watson wants to play for Saleh and the Jets.

If that’s the case and the Jets acquire Watson, then Darnold could be in play for the WTF.

For minimal cost, I would kick the tires on Darnold.
i would too but this fan base doesnt like a young qb on his 1st contract with a chance at good coaching or a good mentor . maybe he isnt a real top 3 pick like he was drafted but if he can manage the game and limit mistakes he could work for us as competition

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want evidence I can't provide. Even what you're using, stats n records don't make for a complete story. As Kirk has had better skillset players to work with. I just think Watson is a top tier QB n KC is not. Cuz is a good QB, but Watson is a better one. If both were working with the same thing. Watson would come up with better results imo. The one thing I give Cousins over Deshaun hands down is durability.

This article does a better job of explaining things than I can. And as things keep trending in this direction, or if they do, and I believe they will. Watson is one of the few players worth trading multiple pieces for who can give you back a full return and more.

Which goes back to what I said in the first place. I don't have a problem with you believing Watson is better. My thing was why are so many calling Watson great and Cousin's average or slightly above when the only measurables are very similar. I am not trying to convince anyone Cousin's is better, just very similar. By the way ... Watson had a couple of good players in Houston until BoB lost his mind this year.

I accept your idea that Watson is better if that is how you feel.

One of the narratives here was Cousin's couldn't help elevate other players but it sure seems he did that with Diggs last year and Jefferson this year. Credit to them too. It isn't a one man game.

This thread wasn't really pointed at you to start with. I had others in mind.

The last part is we gave up a kings ransom because Snyder fell in love with Griffin. We gave an extra draft choice to get Sweat who Gruden and Smith wanted so Snyder could have DH.

Now SOME people are ready to give up boat load of assets to get Watson. I would love to have Watson. He is young and dynamic. But I don't want him at the cost of 3 or 4 high draft picks and a player or two. We could have signed the 4th rounder and had a good QB.

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that Watson is better, but I can’t disagree more when it comes to weapons.

Watson had Hopkins...who is far better than anybody KC has had.

Thielen hasnt been good since 2018.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give KC. A good kicker and a defense and you will see 10 to 11 wins routinely

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson wants out.

Smith says it‘s ridiculous Bieniemy has not been hired yet.

Houston is interviewing Bieniemy.

Watson makes less, Houston has higher pick.

Hire Bieniemy. Trade Smith for Watson, Smith bridge for Houston.

I know, I know, won’t happen. I think Washington takes more salary in a trade than a cut and Houston needs their picks so you couldn’t throw that in to make up for salary.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR is used to coaching him and wouldn't overuse him running the ball like BB did.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If talking about value in potential in a good fit and incentives, I think he’d get more than many think (not saying these numbers in the tweet). But if his one year in New England was a show me year, he can’t expect that, even with incentives. So it depends on what one is signing him for and if some other team forces you to go higher than you’d want.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way the WFT signs Newton for $20 million a year. None whatsoever.

There’s nothing to be gained by it. Newton is definitely not going to be a better fit than Heinecke at 10x the price.

Did Newton have even one game last year that mirrored TH’s stats in the playoffs?

Probably not.

Hard pass.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which goes back to what I said in the first place. I don't have a problem with you believing Watson is better. My thing was why are so many calling Watson great and Cousin's average or slightly above when the only measurables are very similar. I am not trying to convince anyone Cousin's is better, just very similar. By the way ... Watson had a couple of good players in Houston until BoB lost his mind this year.

I accept your idea that Watson is better if that is how you feel.

One of the narratives here was Cousin's couldn't help elevate other players but it sure seems he did that with Diggs last year and Jefferson this year. Credit to them too. It isn't a one man game.

This thread wasn't really pointed at you to start with. I had others in mind.

The last part is we gave up a kings ransom because Snyder fell in love with Griffin. We gave an extra draft choice to get Sweat who Gruden and Smith wanted so Snyder could have DH.

Now SOME people are ready to give up boat load of assets to get Watson. I would love to have Watson. He is young and dynamic. But I don't want him at the cost of 3 or 4 high draft picks and a player or two. We could have signed the 4th rounder and had a good QB.
Yeah, the giving up of multiple pieces is always something that can backfire. With the injuries football often times just turns into a game of attrition and if a team lacks depth. Which has been an issue over several seasons for the skins it basically sinks them before they get started.

What do you think about acquiring Matthew Stafford? He would be another QB that's a definite upgrade over what the Skins presently have, but that to would be a trade type scenario.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Watson is better, but I can’t disagree more when it comes to weapons.

Watson had Hopkins...who is far better than anybody KC has had.

Thielen hasnt been good since 2018.
Thielen put up 14 TDs on 74 catches last year. He might not be able to get deep like he once could, but he still knows how to make plays down in the red zone.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just say no. Especially at that price. Cam did nothing last year to warrant any team paying him that type of money.
Incentives are the key word.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree with that for a season or so. Not for the 2016 season though. IMO Kirk was as responsible, n even moreso as anything else for how that year turned out

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the giving up of multiple pieces is always something that can backfire. With the injuries football often times just turns into a game of attrition and if a team lacks depth. Which has been an issue over several seasons for the skins it basically sinks them before they get started.

What do you think about acquiring Matthew Stafford? He would be another QB that's a definite upgrade over what the Skins presently have, but that to would be a trade type scenario.
If they don't give up too much I would be okay with it. I don't expect they would draft a QB that helps this coming year. Maybe you can get 4-6 years out of Stafford which allows the WTF to look for a QB. Depends on how big a bidding war happens over Stafford. Being where Detroit is and they usually aren't on TV in our area I haven't watched him a lot. He sure has put us some numbers.

How long do you think they can keep this defense together ... two or three more years?

I like Watson better but not at the price he would command.