• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sources believe Deshaun Watson may have played last snap with Houston Texans

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The money HOU paid to Watson was completely earned, period. Whatever money is left on his contract should he be traded will travel with him to be paid by new team. Perhaps the deal he did sign was fair, good for all parties. That's your argument or response that Watson is a headache? Lol.

You cannot compare Watson to Cousins as they are not only different style QB's, Watson is 25 years old. With his legs alone he provides a skill set Cousins never had and never will. Cousins was good enough to start 25 games his first 4 years. Watson was good enough to start 53 games his first 4 years. The trajectory is looking very good for Watson the next 4 years I might add, not so much for Cousins who is now in the twilight of his career. Actually, I'm not here to argue who is better, Cousins or Watson, we all know that answer. I'm only here debating whether its prudent or not to make a run at Watson, a top 5 NFL QB at this moment.
If you are going to quote me go back and read what I said, not what you think I said.

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I said management I meant the HC they fired as well who I believe also doubled as the GM.

Yeah, you could say the wins are equal. The wins I believe are because of the terrible team the Texans fielded this year which resulted in a 4-12 record. The 2 previous years Watson led the Texans to 11-5 n 10-6 records and the playoffs where he's 1-2. It should be noted in his rookie year of 17 the Texans finished 4-12. Watson was hurt ending his season in game 7. Up to that point the Texans were 3-3 going 1-9 the rest of the way.

That idiot HC/GM also made a fairly stupid trade imo for an OT, Leremy(sp) Tunsil, and WR Kenny Sills who only played 13 games for the Texans in 81 in his only season on the team. That was the trade that allowed the Phins to take Tua and others.

Passing stats are similar, Kirk has more passing TDs Watson has more passing yards, but I give the edge to Watson for his running ability. That and the fact that during Kirk's whole tenure in Minny. He's played with a top notch supporting cast of skill set players in Diggs, Thielen and now Jefferson. as well as Dalvin Cook and I believe had a decent defense until this year.

I see some of the trade scenarios people are offering up for Watson on the board and saying shit like it'll gut 2 draft classes. I think that's puttiung way too much on it. A couple 1st, a 2nd and a player to be namedI think should do it.

OK, homey I gotta run. Typin this on my phone as well and its starting to kick my ass

Peace
I reached on the headache thing. You could say Cousins was a PIA here in Washington regarding the contract.

Otherwise I am pretty much in line with what you wrote.

My post had more to do with the nitwits who say Cousins is average at best while saying Watson is great.

I'd love to have Watson, not at the cost of multiple drafts and a player or two.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I reached on the headache thing. You could say Cousins was a PIA here in Washington regarding the contract.

My post had more to do with the nitwits who say Cousins is average at best while saying Watson is great.

I'd love to have Watson, not at the cost of multiple drafts and a player or two.

Exactly. KC is top ten in every category...

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Help p me find 1 example of a team giving up large draft compensation and winning a Super Bowl within 5 years

Not many wentz ?( but he didn’t play in a SB ) maybe Eli Manning ?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watson is a top 5 QB, making him GREAT!

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson is a top 5 QB, making him GREAT!
RE: Watson
As such, rumors have been flying around about Watson’s availability. And it’s easy to see why. Watson, 25, has the highest completion percentage in NFL history among qualified passers (67.8 percent). He led the NFL in passing yards last year, threw for 33 touchdowns, and is an excellent scrambler.

Watson can do it all. He was able to succeed in Houston despite Bill O’Brien’s poor coaching. He has the arm strength and arm talent to make any throw on the field. He makes jaw-dropping plays with his legs and his escapability is off the chart. In short, he is a sure-fire top-eight NFL QB, and well may be better.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. Neither Watson or KC were pains in the ass. They were dealing with idiot front offices who took things a step too far permanently damaging whatever relationship was there.

I dunno man. 2 first rd pks, a 2nd and a player to be named isn't a bad give imo for a top 5 QB. That said, I'd be lying if I said wasn't still intrigued with Hieney and what he could possibly offer.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that is a steep price and we havent talked about other picks and players

Indeed it is and considering who they would be competing with far as a trade goes. The Skins could be giving up some combination of 4 or 5 draft picks and current players on the roster

I do believe Watson is a top tier QB, but damn that's a lot to give up and anything less than a Super Bowl title. Relegates the trade as a failure for the Skins.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As such, rumors have been flying around about Watson’s availability. And it’s easy to see why. Watson, 25, has the highest completion percentage in NFL history among qualified passers (67.8 percent). He led the NFL in passing yards last year, threw for 33 touchdowns, and is an excellent scrambler.

Watson can do it all. He was able to succeed in Houston despite Bill O’Brien’s poor coaching. He has the arm strength and arm talent to make any throw on the field. He makes jaw-dropping plays with his legs and his escapability is off the chart. In short, he is a sure-fire top-eight NFL QB, and well may be better.

No question he's a stud and despite the risk involved far as what the Skins would have to give up. They've never traded for a player the caliber of Watson. Just him alone would improve the offense immensely.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With all due respect, and I do respect your opinions, if we have to give up the farm to get Watson how good will he be for us to make the next step forward? I know, we don't know what we would have to give up yet but haven't we seen this movie before with gambling on just one player who could be just one hit away from being out of football forever or just a backup QB at best? Our draft will be gutted with possibly some of our current growing defense as well if we make this move and I certainly hope we don't. The risk for reward just doesn't add up for me.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Help p me find 1 example of a team giving up large draft compensation and winning a Super Bowl within 5 years

Not many wentz ?( but he didn’t play in a SB ) maybe Eli Manning ?
It wasn't a trade, but when the Skins signed Wilbur Marshall and the Bears refused to match the offer, 6 million for 5 years, how times have changed eh. The Redskins had to give the Bears two 1st rd draft picks. That was 1988 and the Skins won their next Super Bowl in 1991. Marshall made all pro 2nd team that year and all pro 1st team I believe the following year.

Eli could count. His rookie year was 2004 and the Giants won the SB in 2007.

But perhaps the most shocking big trade, least that I can think of. In 2002 the Raiders traded Jon Gruden to the Bucs and the Raiders received two 1st rd draft picks, two 2nd rd draft picks and 8 million in cash. That same year the Bucs ass paddled the Raiders in the Super Bowl 48-21

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course people overestimate the worth of their own things. Human nature.

OTOH, its common knowledge that Watson wants out of Houston. Why would the WTF pay top dollar for a player who is already a headache for their original team?

I’m sure SOMEBODY is going to gut their drafts to sign him, for all of the reasons already listed.

It doesnt mean it has to be our team.

I think Houston needs to make their decisions regardless of Watson and those decisions can be criticized if they are not good for football improvement. I think it would be really stupid to make decisions based upon someone you’re going to trade to make them happy but then trade them anyway, unless they are good for football in general.

If they are good for football in general, Watson shouldn’t complain. If they are not, then everyone should complain. Note that a football decision may be different based upon your personnel and respect and keeping promises is important and good morale can help just as bad can destroy even good decisions, so Watson is relevant, it’s just the solution should be the same regardless of what he thinks.

I know there is no objective good decision besides actual results because there is hype and expectations, but I’ve seen teams been to a players desire and the player ends up leaving anyway.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said compare their stats and records and they are almost identical.
True, but this is the difference between Deshaun and Kirk for me. If Kirk had QBed the Skins this year. They win 9 to 10 games before bowing out to TB in the playoffs. If Deshaun was QBin the Skins this year. They win 11 to 12 games and might still be playing right now.

I put Deshaun in the same tier with Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady, Wilson n Allen.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson can get hurt booom all the draft picks. Wasted i am totally shocked that anybody in here would even be giving a thumbs up on a trade for Watson .. keep the damn draft picks play allen and Heinicke bring in another qb FA. Or. Draft one

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but this is the difference between Deshaun and Kirk for me. If Kirk had QBed the Skins this year. They win 9 to 10 games before bowing out to TB in the playoffs. If Deshaun was QBin the Skins this year. They win 11 to 12 games and might still be playing right now.

Let's just see where Deshaun's career numbers are at after year 9, not year 4. He is a top 5 QB in today's NFL. That really can only be said about 4-6 other QB's not named Watson.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which is fine. We all have our beliefs. I used stats for my arguement. It doesn't mean I am right but it does mean they played very close to equally over the last three years. My original post said why is one guy considered great by many here while the other is considered average. No matter what anyone thinks of either player they played about the same except for the edge to Watson's ability to run.

There is no way to prove who would win more games if both played for the Skins. That is an opinion and something that is not measurable. Cousin's wins a lot more games if his D doesn't give up over 400 points. But the same can be said for Houston. Points for 430-384 Minnesota, points against 475-464 with Minnesota giving up the most.

So my question stands ... how is one guy great and one guy average or slightly above average? They are essentially the same guy in stats and record.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just see where Deshaun's career numbers are at after year 9, not year 4. He is a top 5 QB in today's NFL. That really can only be said about 4-6 other QB's not named Watson.
This is also fine, but you are changing what I said.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is also fine, but you are changing what I said.
Look Sportster, I'm not such a Cousins fan as you are and that's ok. I'm a WASH football fan and while some players have played in DC since I became an intent fan ('76) and left the organization, I don't follow them as much as players who are on the team I root for. Yes I play FFB in several leagues which makes following different players alot of fun. I would say it has been a bit easier following former Skins players (and for the most part hope they ALL do well after leaving) but once they are gone, I don't root for them. I rooted for KC as hard if not harder than other Skins fans and while he had personal issues with management about resigning a LTD, signing several tags etc, he made his money here for being a good QB. I have followed him a bit in MINN and while he has put up good numbers (he always seems to do) with outstanding talent around him, (talent he never had in WASH) the team in MINN results with Cousins has been underwhelming. Since he was a former Skin, I'm happy to see he still puts up good numbers however, QB's are measured by playoff wins/SB wins. Perhaps if Cousins can win 1 or 2, he goes up that list of respected QB's because he will then have numbers and SB victories, we shall see. Not trying to change your narrative or words. :suds: