• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sources believe Deshaun Watson may have played last snap with Houston Texans

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course people overestimate the worth of their own things. Human nature.

OTOH, its common knowledge that Watson wants out of Houston. Why would the WTF pay top dollar for a player who is already a headache for their original team?

I’m sure SOMEBODY is going to gut their drafts to sign him, for all of the reasons already listed.

It doesnt mean it has to be our team.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By now everybody here knows that my position on building a winning team starts and ends with building the best front lines in the game. Ron Rivera said one thing publicly and I believe that it is the foremost thing on his mind entering into the off season. That thing?...

Ron Rivera says finding a franchise QB is a top priority ...

Ron Rivera to speak with Dan Snyder about his plans at QB - Bing

My question is...where?

There's a guy who's going to be available and Washington shouldn't pass on making the attempt to get him. There are folks who have legitimate concerns and quietly I agree with those concerns. Gutting this and future drafts, drafting wisely, managing cap monies etc. So I ask again, why can't they do all of these things and make the effort to get this franchise QB? So, I'll ask again...

Here's my proposal: Tell me how this hurts in doing all of these things?

First this year and next
3rd in 2022, 2023
Matt Ioannidis and Daron Payne (They had the worse run stopping defense )

Washington's top needs:
LB (at least two
QB (without trade)
WR
DT (with trade)
TE
S

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course people overestimate the worth of their own things. Human nature.

OTOH, its common knowledge that Watson wants out of Houston. Why would the WTF pay top dollar for a player who is already a headache for their original team?

I’m sure SOMEBODY is going to gut their drafts to sign him, for all of the reasons already listed.

It doesnt mean it has to be our team.
Headache for their original team? Watson is anything but a headache.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps I wasnt clear.

I meant that the situation the team is in, which includes two pissed off superstars in Watson and Watt, is a headache.

I dont know what kind of person Watson is.
I dont blame Watson or Watt for being pissed off.
I didnt mean to imply that Watson himself is a headache.

I meant to imply that the fact that Watson might never play another game for the Texans after the Texans signed him to a contract extension is a headache for the Texans.

I am also of the impression that there is not a reason to overbid for Watson’s services especially because the Texans have managed to royally fuck up their own situation.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question is really simple , if you do indeed back up the brinks truck to obtain watson , what is the plan to surround him with weapons ?

if you gut 2 drafts you are looking at 3 yrs before you start getting a chance to draft top end talent . so that leaves FA, as the only way to get new talent . . havent we seen this before ? didnt work out so well

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question is really simple , if you do indeed back up the brinks truck to obtain watson , what is the plan to surround him with weapons ?

if you gut 2 drafts you are looking at 3 yrs before you start getting a chance to draft top end talent . so that leaves FA, as the only way to get new talent . . havent we seen this before ? didnt work out so well
Not implying we should however, gut 2 drafts? You are giving up 2 possible 1st and change plus possible player for Watson. Is that gutting 2 drafts? There will be approx 10 other picks still in hand maybe more however you play the cards but yes, 2 possible 1st round talents and back to back years will not be ours for the taking. That's not gutting 2 drafts.
If RR is thinking this team is a franchise QB away from making a serious run, heck he might pull the trigger. I seriously doubt that however.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets do the headache thing. Mr. Watson signs a very healthy four year deal and then supposedly wants to be traded a year after signing the deal. I would call that a headache. The team he is with made him a very fair deal and now he wants to take the money they gave him and go somewhere else.

I would also like to know what makes him great and Cousins average since they have near the same record and stats the last three years. I am asking for a friend. :D

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets do the headache thing. Mr. Watson signs a very healthy four year deal and then supposedly wants to be traded a year after signing the deal. I would call that a headache. The team he is with made him a very fair deal and now he wants to take the money they gave him and go somewhere else.

I would also like to know what makes him great and Cousins average since they have near the same record and stats the last three years. I am asking for a friend. :D
Or Watson is tired of being lied to n management doin stupid shit. And figures its time to break out now.

Tell your friend my friend wants to know if your friend is high n if he isn't. My friend says good fuckin grief you can't be serious.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not implying we should however, gut 2 drafts? You are giving up 2 possible 1st and change plus possible player for Watson. Is that gutting 2 drafts? There will be approx 10 other picks still in hand maybe more however you play the cards but yes, 2 possible 1st round talents and back to back years will not be ours for the taking. That's not gutting 2 drafts.
If RR is thinking this team is a franchise QB away from making a serious run, heck he might pull the trigger. I seriously doubt that however.
the proposed trades i have seen on twitter start with 2 1sts , 2 nds and 2 3rds . that , is gutting a draft and that is what i am referring too . others want payne and allen , others want young or sweat

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the proposed trades i have seen on twitter start with 2 1sts , 2 nds and 2 3rds . that , is gutting a draft and that is what i am referring too . others want payne and allen , others want young or sweat
I see...don't see the WFT giving up any combination of our defensive front. Maybe a player and picks but not a combo. My guess is RR will not give up the Farm for Watson. The Farm is really running well right now, we just need someone (QB) to run it like it should be. :2cents:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Watson is tired of being lied to n management doin stupid shit. And figures its time to break out now.

Tell your friend my friend wants to know if your friend is high n if he isn't. My friend says good fuckin grief you can't be serious.
Part 1: possibly ... still he was willing to sign. Now I hope he isn't lamenting BoB being fired. I can understand him not liking the trades BoB made, they were terrible and weakened the team.

Part 2: tell your friend my friend is serious and he used stats and records to prove his point. There are many that say stats don't mean anything and that won/loss record is the only measuring stick. I personally don't agree but my friend used both to show they were essentially equal. :D This does not take age into consideration because the younger guy is going to be playing for a lot longer.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will attempt to try to help your friend out here. First of all I wish many would quit using the term 'franchise QB' since there are only about a hand full of these kind of QBs in the entire NFL. Any QB in the NFL is only one hit away from being put out to pasture forever and if Mahomes takes a couple more shots like the one he took this past Sunday he will be joining those in the pasture too. If this were to happen where would the Chiefs be? The point I'm trying to make is that even though I like Watson a lot I think it would be very unwise to r*pe our draft selections for him or any other QB for that matter. Bottom line: Watson is joining the greed party which the NFL is full of.

Just for the record: Mahomes is the only QB in the entire NFL worth an entire 7 points in a betting line.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now add hurney could be making the picks and having to overpay RK

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preaching to the choir man!

So, just to be the contrarian for the moment, what's Washington missing right now that prevents them from becoming that force? What's there to prevent them from doing both, but only in this case, (Watson) that actually hurts that goal, especially with a carefully crafted trade?

Here's my proposal: (Tell me how this hurts in doing both)

First this year and next
3rd in 2022, 2023
Matt Ioannidis and Daron Payne (They had the worse run stopping defense )

Washington's top needs:
LB (at least two
QB (without trade)
WR
DT (with trade)
TE
Might not be understanding your proposal. Are you saying give up all those picks for Watson? If so I think that's a terrible idea as I stated already in this thread. I'm just tired of trying to win it all by trading the farm for that one prized bull when a few extra cows is all you need. Let's fill those needs thru draft and FA. However, I don't think TE is a top need.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the Dolphins and then everyone else for second. They can give them Tua and then the 3 which is either the best receiver or Sewell

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part 1: possibly ... still he was willing to sign. Now I hope he isn't lamenting BoB being fired. I can understand him not liking the trades BoB made, they were terrible and weakened the team.

Part 2: tell your friend my friend is serious and he used stats and records to prove his point. There are many that say stats don't mean anything and that won/loss record is the only measuring stick. I personally don't agree but my friend used both to show they were essentially equal. :D This does not take age into consideration because the younger guy is going to be playing for a lot longer.
When I said management I meant the HC they fired as well who I believe also doubled as the GM.

Yeah, you could say the wins are equal. The wins I believe are because of the terrible team the Texans fielded this year which resulted in a 4-12 record. The 2 previous years Watson led the Texans to 11-5 n 10-6 records and the playoffs where he's 1-2. It should be noted in his rookie year of 17 the Texans finished 4-12. Watson was hurt ending his season in game 7. Up to that point the Texans were 3-3 going 1-9 the rest of the way.

That idiot HC/GM also made a fairly stupid trade imo for an OT, Leremy(sp) Tunsil, and WR Kenny Sills who only played 13 games for the Texans in 81 in his only season on the team. That was the trade that allowed the Phins to take Tua and others.

Passing stats are similar, Kirk has more passing TDs Watson has more passing yards, but I give the edge to Watson for his running ability. That and the fact that during Kirk's whole tenure in Minny. He's played with a top notch supporting cast of skill set players in Diggs, Thielen and now Jefferson. as well as Dalvin Cook and I believe had a decent defense until this year.

I see some of the trade scenarios people are offering up for Watson on the board and saying shit like it'll gut 2 draft classes. I think that's puttiung way too much on it. A couple 1st, a 2nd and a player to be namedI think should do it.

OK, homey I gotta run. Typin this on my phone as well and its starting to kick my ass

Peace

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The money HOU paid to Watson was completely earned, period. Whatever money is left on his contract should he be traded will travel with him to be paid by new team. Perhaps the deal he did sign was fair, good for all parties. That's your argument or response that Watson is a headache? Lol.
When I said management I meant the HC they fired as well who I believe also doubled as the GM.

Yeah, you could say the wins are equal. The wins I believe are because of the terrible team the Texans fielded this year which resulted in a 4-12 record. The 2 previous years Watson led the Texans to 11-5 n 10-6 records and the playoffs where he's 1-2. It should be noted in his rookie year of 17 the Texans finished 4-12. Watson was hurt ending his season in game 7. Up to that point the Texans were 3-3 going 1-9 the rest of the way.

That idiot HC/GM also made a fairly stupid trade imo for an OT, Leremy(sp) Tunsil, and WR Kenny Sills who only played 13 games for the Texans in 81 in his only season on the team. That was the trade that allowed the Phins to take Tua and others.

Passing stats are similar, Kirk has more passing TDs Watson has more passing yards, but I give the edge to Watson for his running ability. That and the fact that during Kirk's whole tenure in Minny. He's played with a top notch supporting cast of skill set players in Diggs, Thielen and now Jefferson. as well as Dalvin Cook and I believe had a decent defense until this year.

I see some of the trade scenarios people are offering up for Watson on the board and saying shit like it'll gut 2 draft classes. I think that's puttiung way too much on it. A couple 1st, a 2nd and a player to be namedI think should do it.

OK, homey I gotta run. Typin this on my phone as well and its starting to kick my ass

Peace
You cannot compare Watson to Cousins as they are not only different style QB's, Watson is 25 years old. With his legs alone he provides a skill set Cousins never had and never will. Cousins was good enough to start 25 games his first 4 years. Watson was good enough to start 53 games his first 4 years. The trajectory is looking very good for Watson the next 4 years I might add, not so much for Cousins who is now in the twilight of his career. Actually, I'm not here to argue who is better, Cousins or Watson, we all know that answer. I'm only here debating whether its prudent or not to make a run at Watson, a top 5 NFL QB at this moment.