• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sources believe Deshaun Watson may have played last snap with Houston Texans

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very much in decline eh. What metrics are you using. Cuz while its not the end all be all Pro Football Focus graded out TWill as the best OT in football last year with a 91.9 grade. The 3rd such time they've done so, 2013 n 2016 as well. Perhaps you're drinking some haterade where it concerns Williams.

I probably am drinking the haterade, but we all know he’s on the backside of his career and barely ever makes a whole season.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very much in decline eh. What metrics are you using. Cuz while its not the end all be all Pro Football Focus graded out TWill as the best OT in football last year with a 91.9 grade. The 3rd such time they've done so, 2013 n 2016 as well. Perhaps you're drinking some haterade where it concerns Williams.

Yeah Trent was efficient last year, the 49ers won that deal so far. Winning a division covers up so much

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DW cant win without talent around him . his 4-12 record last season showed this even though cooks and fuller are above avg wrs

you give up a slew of draft picks and players (10 as the offer stands ) you wont win for 3 years max or when you can get numbers of top 100 draft picks in here

DW will cost in cap space

notice in years 22 and 23 ( times where your draft picks arent there ) the caps hits are 40.4 and 42 mil . . guess who comes up for new contracts ? allen / payne (depending who you trade ) and MAC .

see you arent just giving up the draft pick 3 1sts and some 3rds (maybe 2nds ) or players like LC or payne /allen and Kyle allen but how do you pay our all pro RG ? how do you resign lucas and /or moses or draft their replacements ? you still have dead cap space from collins and CDC to factor in

so when someone says you are "mortgaging your future " it isnt the obvious costs . its the hidden ones as well . so FA's wont be available to us much , maybe one or 2 and you have 2 2nds in the top 100 for the next 3 yrs so again top line talent isnt there , so what do you do ? UDFAS ? hope your 4th - 7th's hit at a high rate which against the odds ?

you are looking at 3 yrs before you can start to build enough around him to be superbowl contenders

I am not even for a trade necessarily, but let’s be fair.

His cap hit in 2021 is 10 million (the signing bonus is eaten by Houston), so you are saving 20 million there and can basically run the averages. The cap hits in 22-23 are 35 and 37 million because Houston eats the signing bonus. Realistically, over the next three seasons, DW costs 82 million against the cap which is actually a bargain.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not even for a trade necessarily, but let’s be fair.

His cap hit in 2021 is 10 million (the signing bonus is eaten by Houston), so you are saving 20 million there and can basically run the averages. The cap hits in 22-23 are 35 and 37 million because Houston eats the signing bonus. Realistically, over the next three seasons, DW costs 82 million against the cap which is actually a bargain.
I left out 21 because it isn’t damaging but 22 /23 it is without picks and cap too

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure anyone knows the complete truth to all of this. I beg to differ, TW's is clearly not an idiot like you state.
If he did this then he is this doesn’t make him anything or is it calling him anything . It’s a statement of disbelief .
There are only 2 outcomes possible , either he trusted the sports medicine dr or he didn’t

If he trusted the sports medicine dr then he is an idiot . Now “if “ precludes me from saying he is a full blown idiot because “ if “implies doubt (in the queens English ) that he trusted the sports medicine dr , hence he isn’t being called an actual idiot in the queens English

in the end it was all about his contract and him wanting the final 2 years being guaranteed

and NO INTELlGENT PERSON trusts a guy whose specialty deals with sports injuries when it comes to tumors . If and only if you did that then you are an idiot .

it is dumb then it is dumb now and it will be dumb in the future .

It being the action in the queens English not the person

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I left out 21 because it isn’t damaging but 22 /23 it is without picks and cap too

It is like anything else. 21 is a huge bonus and those savings are essentially rolled into the next season. You were also adding the signing bonus onto the cap hit for the new team; however, the cap hits from the signing bonus are retained by Houston.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well he isnt in my opinion so what does this tell you ? maybe he is full of shit about his accusations and his motives either you are a moron for not seeking expert help or you are full of shit about your true motives
You know I will just have to agree to disagree on this. I know it's water under the bridge but the TW situation was handled as poorly as one organization could have handled it.
Having said that it seems you have a cling on.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not 2023 either, under my proposal, Washington will have 6 of 7 draft picks in 2023 when that trade is made. Whatever the case,where ever Watson ends up and I really hope that it's here, that team will be drafting very late in future drafts taking the potency out of giving up future picks.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not 2023 either, under my proposal, Washington will have 6 of 7 draft picks in 2023 when that trade is made. Whatever the case,where ever Watson ends up and I really hope that it's here, that team will be drafting very late in future drafts taking the potency out of giving up future picks.
has nothing to do with the cap . but ok . you have a 2nd and 3rd in 23 to get top 100 players . and you are absolutely hoping you can get quality players in rounds 4 -7 every year and not miss a beat even though statistically its rare ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is like anything else. 21 is a huge bonus and those savings are essentially rolled into the next season. You were also adding the signing bonus onto the cap hit for the new team; however, the cap hits from the signing bonus are retained by Houston.
building up what rollover ? sherrf is on for 16-18 mil depending on tags , watson is 15 mil , darby is around 7 mil and signing robisnon is 20 mil . most of your 57 mil is used up

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
building up what rollover ? sherrf is on for 16-18 mil depending on tags , watson is 15 mil , darby is around 7 mil and signing robisnon is 20 mil . most of your 57 mil is used up

I am simply talking about the QB position.

Watson is a top five QB. That should cost 30 million every year. In 2021, you would have him for 10 million. That is a savings of 20 million on that position which you could roll over, or average out, if you want to look at it that way.

You were using 2022 and 2023 to bash DW...but you completely ignored the great deal of 2021. It is very disingenuous.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Trent was efficient last year, the 49ers won that deal so far. Winning a division covers up so much
91.9 PFF rating for 2020 LT ranked him #1. I would say he was pretty darn efficient. But, he is in decline they say.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am simply talking about the QB position.

Watson is a top five QB. That should cost 30 million every year. In 2021, you would have him for 10 million. That is a savings of 20 million on that position which you could roll over, or average out, if you want to look at it that way.

You were using 2022 and 2023 to bash DW...but you completely ignored the great deal of 2021. It is very disingenuous.
You have him for 15 mil , and 40 and 42 mil the following yrs in 22/23 and 35/32 in 24/25

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no great deal in 21 . It will be used to retain key players and there will be almost no roll over going into 22/23

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has nothing to do with the cap . but ok . you have a 2nd and 3rd in 23 to get top 100 players . and you are absolutely hoping you can get quality players in rounds 4 -7 every year and not miss a beat even though statistically its rare ?
Perhaps another look at my proposal is in order because you don't seem to have it in mind when posting these responses. With my proposal you keep your 2nd round draft pick in each of the years that encompasses this trade. They can absolutely get quality players with their 2nd picks. In my proposal you're losing 1sts and 3rds plus players. That's it!

We know conclusively that this team won't be able to keep all of their defensive guys. I know that there's great love for them but factually since you won't be able to keep them, it is wise to trade instead of any messed up alternative.

In as much as the cap is concerned, Smith also is gone and if you can't trade him so is Collins. Covid has changed what teams are willing to do concerning eating dead monies this year, because the trend finally appears to be towards eradicating the pandemic. This means that any return to normalcy will cause the cap in 2022 to skyrocket. Yes it's a gamble but it's an educated one. (Pre-covid cap expectations 210million, with Covid 186 million and we're sure this is the floor, not the ceiling.) Now the choice becomes signing a couple, three, second teir players or getting that one big ticket guy. My choice is the big ticket guy and there are reasons for this. Let's begin by stipulating that the one big ticket guy is going to absolutely eat deep into your cap. but if that guy is a WR, coupled with TM plus Watson, you're deadly offensively. You really don't need much more offensively in his first year here. Now I turn to the draft and I'm going after linebackers because you can't fix everything in one year but after that trade, you can address your two most glaring needs.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps another look at my proposal is in order because you don't seem to have it in mind when posting these responses. With my proposal you keep your 2nd round draft pick in each of the years that encompasses this trade. They can absolutely get quality players with their 2nd picks. In my proposal you're losing 1sts and 3rds plus players. That's it!

We know conclusively that this team won't be able to keep all of their defensive guys. I know that there's great love for them but factually since you won't be able to keep them, it is wise to trade instead of any messed up alternative.

In as much as the cap is concerned, Smith also is gone and if you can't trade him so is Collins. Covid has changed what teams are willing to do concerning eating dead monies this year, because the trend finally appears to be towards eradicating the pandemic. This means that any return to normalcy will cause the cap in 2022 to skyrocket. Yes it's a gamble but it's an educated one. (Pre-covid cap expectations 210million, with Covid 186 million and we're sure this is the floor, not the ceiling.) Now the choice becomes signing a couple, three, second teir players or getting that one big ticket guy. My choice is the big ticket guy and there are reasons for this. Let's begin by stipulating that the one big ticket guy is going to absolutely eat deep into your cap. but if that guy is a WR, coupled with TM plus Watson, you're deadly offensively. You really don't need much more offensively in his first year here. Now I turn to the draft and I'm going after linebackers because you can't fix everything in one year but after that trade, you can address your two most glaring needs.
You are losing a total of 5 top 100 players while weakening your defense and killing your cap in 22/23,

the cap is at 180 mil , and Watson had amazing stats last yr and got 4 wins

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DW's record as a starter 28 and 25 pedestrian but he is elite in the eyes of many , why ?

KC's 51 and 51 500 pedestrian so 3 games over 500 make you elite but 500 you are a dick the fact is they hover at 500

DW has 3x PBs is a great resume , KC 2x pb and its a popularity contest and dismissed

both are 1-2 in the playoffs but one is a future superbowl guy and the other is a choker and a dick

both are statistically are fairly close during their overlapping time periods but one had a sucky team and hence he couldnt get them over the hump but the other is a choking dickhead and anyone arguing that is a historical revisionist

all of last seasons DW stats are considered prime but KC's are garbage time . i argue if you are 4-12 its as much garbage time as any

so what i am being told is that its better to give up 10 guys for a 500 qb and a big contract but not pay big money and not give up 10 guys to get him for another with similar records

now the whole point of this exercise is to say i dont care about KC , i do care about keeping the same standard for all

the other point is selling your football soul for a guy rarely works out

and we are going round and round about a guy who we arent even going to get

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are losing a total of 5 top 100 players while weakening your defense and killing your cap in 22/23,

the cap is at 180 mil , and Watson had amazing stats last yr and got 4 wins
You don't know that you're losing 5 top players, only two and those are the ones that you're actually trading.

Agreed, the cap is at no less than $180 million. There's a reason why Houston is asking (if they were to do so formally) at least 2 defensive starters. Unlike Kirk Watson didn't put his team in position to lose games. To compare one to the other is ludicrist, so I'm not entertaining any further suggestions that there's a reasonable comparison unless you can convince me that there's no difference between night and day.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DW's record as a starter 28 and 25 pedestrian but he is elite in the eyes of many , why ?

KC's 51 and 51 500 pedestrian so 3 games over 500 make you elite but 500 you are a dick the fact is they hover at 500

DW has 3x PBs is a great resume , KC 2x pb and its a popularity contest and dismissed

both are 1-2 in the playoffs but one is a future superbowl guy and the other is a choker and a dick

both are statistically are fairly close during their overlapping time periods but one had a sucky team and hence he couldnt get them over the hump but the other is a choking dickhead and anyone arguing that is a historical revisionist

all of last seasons DW stats are considered prime but KC's are garbage time . i argue if you are 4-12 its as much garbage time as any

so what i am being told is that its better to give up 10 guys for a 500 qb and a big contract but not pay big money and not give up 10 guys to get him for another with similar records

now the whole point of this exercise is to say i dont care about KC , i do care about keeping the same standard for all

the other point is selling your football soul for a guy rarely works out

and we are going round and round about a guy who we arent even going to get
One was with a team that was rebuilding and destroying itself, the other was specifically paid to be that missing piece on a ready for prime time team. Therein lies the difference!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One was with a team that was rebuilding and destroying itself, the other was specifically paid to be that missing piece on a ready for prime time team. Therein lies the difference!
i dont think so they had watt hopkins clowney smith and others . KC wasnt drafted to take anyone anywhere

and as has been shown the team KC went too allowed there defense to become trash and has changed OC 's 3 x in 2 yrs

and that doesnt explain 4-12 with outstanding stats because he is elite according to many including myself