• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sources believe Deshaun Watson may have played last snap with Houston Texans

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has clearly come down to a "stare down" between Watson & Houston. Let's see who blinks first. My wager, HOUSTON blinks first. They will wait until any organized team activities and once they realize Watson is serious about not playing for them again, they likely get less then than if they just took best and final offers now. New regime you say? Still idiots! The guy is not waffling a bit.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in a less significant sense, didn't this happen with Trent?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and all we got was a 3rd as compensation for a future HOF. I'll say it again, IDIOTS!!!
In the end TW is the loser he lost a whole years salary, and is very much in decline, and lost all credibility.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end TW is the loser he lost a whole years salary, and is very much in decline, and lost all credibility.
Very much in decline? Lost credibility? He didn't ask for cancer. He didn't ask for poor treatment or miss guided health info. I'm just as disappointed as anyone TW didn't finish his career here but losing a season mattered not but playing for an organization he couldn't trust he held firm. I would take him back on a 2 yr deal in a minute. He would likely rate out as a top 5-6 starting LT in 2021. He will likely do that for whomever he plays for. For sheets and giggles let's revisit this thread next yr to see where TW ends up in 2021.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very much in decline? Lost credibility? He didn't ask for cancer. He didn't ask for poor treatment or miss guided health info. I'm just as disappointed as anyone TW didn't finish his career here but losing a season mattered not but playing for an organization he couldn't trust he held firm. I would take him back on a 2 yr deal in a minute. He would likely rate out as a top 5-6 starting LT in 2021. He will likely do that for whomever he plays for. For sheets and giggles let's revisit this thread next yr to see where TW ends up in 2021.
Deal

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has clearly come down to a "stare down" between Watson & Houston. Let's see who blinks first. My wager, HOUSTON blinks first. They will wait until any organized team activities and once they realize Watson is serious about not playing for them again, they likely get less then than if they just took best and final offers now. New regime you say? Still idiots! The guy is not waffling a bit.
Would you sell your 1 million dollar house for 500k? Of course not.

For those paying attention, the Texans have already blinked. They just forced out their own damn President for the sole purpose to appease Deshawn Watson. The Texans are not going to just bend over & take it in the ass because Watson wants out of a contract 100 days after he signed it.
If the Texans do not get a fair offer for Watson, he will play or rot on the bench.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the season opener , OTA's dont mean anything

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if TW is dumb enough to take the advice of a sports medicine dr then he was an idiot

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you sell your 1 million dollar house for 500k? Of course not.

For those paying attention, the Texans have already blinked. They just forced out their own damn President for the sole purpose to appease Deshawn Watson. The Texans are not going to just bend over & take it in the ass because Watson wants out of a contract 100 days after he signed it.
If the Texans do not get a fair offer for Watson, he will play or rot on the bench.
The Texans just made the point clear by having their President resign. (Meaning they can't get out of their own damn way) It won't help, looks like DW's decision is made. As case in point with TW's in DC, these players have millions, they don't care if they sit because players like DW & TW are in high demand. The Texans made their mistakes, now they will pay. Even Watt jumped ship, they all want out and I'm certain Hopkins is ecstatic he is no longer there. Sometimes you have to accept responsibility for your actions and cut your losses. Btw, I'm sure the owner had just as much say in the next HC as anyone.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the season opener , OTA's dont mean anything
OTA's and off season activities win games, build continuity, trust, timing and all in between. Clearly this year (C-19) was a perfect example of those things missing each Sunday this past season. Some other QB will take all the work/reps right up to the opener, then what?
I'm just saying, the Texans will have bigger problems if they don't face the music now.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DW cant win without talent around him . his 4-12 record last season showed this even though cooks and fuller are above avg wrs

you give up a slew of draft picks and players (10 as the offer stands ) you wont win for 3 years max or when you can get numbers of top 100 draft picks in here

DW will cost in cap space

notice in years 22 and 23 ( times where your draft picks arent there ) the caps hits are 40.4 and 42 mil . . guess who comes up for new contracts ? allen / payne (depending who you trade ) and MAC .

see you arent just giving up the draft pick 3 1sts and some 3rds (maybe 2nds ) or players like LC or payne /allen and Kyle allen but how do you pay our all pro RG ? how do you resign lucas and /or moses or draft their replacements ? you still have dead cap space from collins and CDC to factor in

so when someone says you are "mortgaging your future " it isnt the obvious costs . its the hidden ones as well . so FA's wont be available to us much , maybe one or 2 and you have 2 2nds in the top 100 for the next 3 yrs so again top line talent isnt there , so what do you do ? UDFAS ? hope your 4th - 7th's hit at a high rate which against the odds ?

you are looking at 3 yrs before you can start to build enough around him to be superbowl contenders

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he truly followed a sport medicine doctors advice over exercising his brain and going to people who are experts then yes he is
I'm not sure anyone knows the complete truth to all of this. I beg to differ, TW's is clearly not an idiot like you state.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he truly followed a sport medicine doctors advice over exercising his brain and going to people who are experts then yes he is
One more note than we can leave this one in the past. Everyone has an obligation to the other. Player to organization, and organization to player. You know, that player they pay MILLIONS of dollars to play a sport. I would certainly protect that asset as a organization and get him the BEST doctors to evaulate my best players concern of (something growing) cancer forming on his scalp. I would bet when TW's and Snyder spoke there was an understanding of why Trent chose his position. Likely, he is not an idiot.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure anyone knows the complete truth to all of this. I beg to differ, TW's is clearly not an idiot like you state.
well he isnt in my opinion so what does this tell you ? maybe he is full of shit about his accusations and his motives either you are a moron for not seeking expert help or you are full of shit about your true motives

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very much in decline eh. What metrics are you using. Cuz while its not the end all be all Pro Football Focus graded out TWill as the best OT in football last year with a 91.9 grade. The 3rd such time they've done so, 2013 n 2016 as well. Perhaps you're drinking some haterade where it concerns Williams.